What better way to celebrate our Nation's birthday than a drive in an old car.................

stevep516

With family and close friends, great food and beverage , giving thanks and reflections that we are glad to live in our great country that even though the  forses of evil are strong, our forefounders wrote a document that still stands  steadfast. (Just my opinion) 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Not a drive but another option on the 4th.  I thought about driving the speedster out last night but didn't like the look of the forecast.  It poured although let up enough they got the fireworks off.  The radio had an emergency broadcast warning of flash floods instead of playing with the fireworks.  I got rolling before 80% but still had to drive around multiple stuck vehicles.  Seems an hour of good rain turned the nice grass field where hundreds of cars were parked into something more slippery . . .

IMG_20230209_140900.jpg

IMG_20230209_140923.jpg

20 minutes ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

Here in Pennsylvania to mark the great holiday,

the Sheetz chain of gas stations cut the price 

of gas in HALF--to $1.776 per gallon to mark the

date of independence!

That price was for all grades of gas, even 93 premium.

The Sheetz in Salisbury NC did the same thing. It would have taken couple hours to get through the line. Reminded me of the gas lines in the 70ies 

Edited by JohnS25 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

Here in Pennsylvania to mark the great holiday,

the Sheetz chain of gas stations cut the price 

of gas in HALF--to $1.776 per gallon to mark the

date of independence!

That price was for all grades of gas, even 93 premium.

No Sheets!       No Minutemen out here in the west either.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pfeil said:

What 4th of July drive????

Like the OP stated. "What better way to celebrate our Nation's birthday than a drive in an old car................."  My personal tradition is to take the old cars out for a drive on the 4th. That's it. 😀

• Like 1

Another day passed and my car still sat quietly in the garage. We have been having volatile weather, hot one minute, strong storms the next. Been going through that trend for the last couple of weeks. No rain at all for about 2 months now this. Glad you guys were able to get them out for the 4th.

• Like 1