For Sale: 1966 Ford Galaxie 500 LTD 4dr Hardtop, 53K miles - $11,000 - Greenfield, WI - Not Mine - Oh No! Flipper bought it, now $13,500:

For Sale: 1966 Ford Galaxie 500 LTD 4dr Hardtop, 53K miles - $11,000 - Greenfield, WI - Oh No! Flipper bought it, now $13,500: 7-17-2023:

1966 Ford Galaxie 500 390 V8 - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

Hi, up for sale is our beautiful 1966 Ford Galaxie 500 390 V8 automatic transmission. This car runs and drives beautifully with zero mechanical issues. This is a turnkey ready to go. Car needs nothing at all always garage kept and well-maintained. In very good condition. It speaks for itself. Feel free to contact for more information at any time.  odometer: 53000
Copy and paste in your email:  a2aa483cd91e364ca54dad764e3af03e@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1966 Ford Galaxie 500 LTD 4dr Hardtop.

'66 Ford LTD a.jpg

'66 Ford LTD b.jpg

'66 Ford LTD c.jpg

'66 Ford LTD d.jpg

'66 Ford LTD e.jpg

'66 Ford LTD f.jpg

'66 Ford LTD g.jpg

'66 Ford LTD h.jpg

'66 Ford LTD i.jpg

'66 Ford LTD j.jpg

'66 Ford LTD k.jpg

'66 Ford LTD l.jpg

'66 Ford LTD m.jpg

'66 Ford LTD n.jpg

'66 Ford LTD o.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Oh No! Flipper bought it, now $13,500: (see edit history)
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, TerryB said:

It look like the paint on the left and right rear fenders doesn’t match the rest of the car. Rust repair?

That was exactly my thought. Overall it looks pretty nice, but I would check those quarter panels thoroughly. Bring a magnet.

Also, my usual warning about the frame applies. Tap it with a hammer EVERYWHERE, and buy a cheap Amazon borescope to look inside the frame.

Its a nice looking car and even the vinyl top looks good so I believe the claim that it’s been garage kept. The chrome engine dress-ups and the braided fuel lines look out of place on an otherwise stock four door. 

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, TerryB said:

It look like the paint on the left and right rear fenders doesn’t match the rest of the car. Rust repair?

It is a terrible paint match. Most likely rust repair.

• Like 1

I also noticed the mismatched paint on the rear clip. That's a red flag. I believe it was garage-kept, but maybe it was hit from the rear. 

John, fuzzy dice were popular with 50's hotrodders, I believe, and have since become a stupid cliche' among some car owners. Best place for them is a garbage can. 

I still don't see the attraction for these old family sedans, but that's just me. 

6 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

What is the significance of fuzzy dice?

How did they become associated with old cars?

Thankfully, they're easily removable for people who don't want them.

It’s a leftover from WWII where it was considered good luck. Post war hotrodders continued the practice.  This is internet info so not sure of its accuracy.

• Thanks 1

Ford did a decent job with the big, 4 door hard tops of the mid sixties.

My dad owned a couple 4 door hardtop '64 Galaxies, one was the XL and one was standard trim.

Great driving cars and the XL with the 390 T-Bird engine was a tremendous highway car.

• Like 4

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1966 Ford Galaxie 500 LTD 4dr Hardtop, 53K miles - $11,000 - Greenfield, WI - Not Mine - Oh No! Flipper bought it, now $13,500:
1 hour ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Oh No! Flipper bought it, now $13,500:

...Did carefully not show rear quarter paint mismatch. 

At least his mark-up is modest, but if he is dishonest,

no one can agree with that.  To the tune of the original song:

"They call him Flipper, Flipper, faster than lightning,

Greedier too,

And sharper than you.

They call him Flipper, Flipper, with methods so funny,

Surely loves money,

But nothing for you."

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Haha 6

More important than the mis-match paint should be lot's of pictures of the frame and chassis. These car's had very little rust protection on the frames and were rust prone.  By the late 60's my parent's 65 Ford Custom 500 sedan has holes in the frame. I bought a 66 Galaxie 500 convertible in 74 and it had major rust repairs already done to the main frame rails.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Heh. We in old car world hold flippers in disdain, but the real estate world is worse.

One of my news feeds had a recent read on backlash against house flippers. Seems one bought an ordinary house in an ordinary neighborhood for $200k, did a minimum of work and then listed it at $1.2 MILLION. Talk about skewing a market.

One comment stuck with me, and it's applicable to us here too.

"HGTV has ruined peoples' brains."

Much like some of the TV car building shows have done to old cars, no?

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Sal Hepatica said:

Just remember- there is a potential customer born nearly every sixty seconds.😉

Me thinks you misspelled "potential customer". (I know you were being nice !!!!!!)

"S___er"🍭🍭🍭

• Haha 2