Audrain Veteran Car Tour 2023 April 30th Newport RI

alsancle

Co-piloting? You mean seat warmer. Rumor has it you scream like a 12 year old girl when the “hand of god” gives you the push.

• Haha 4

I told my wife during a road trip this past March that I was good with one car thing each trip - hit the Gilmor on our way to Waco - but I'm now thinking next year I need to plan a trip to this tour and hit Rhinebeck on the way home.  Good thing she comes from an old car family!

Fyi...the restaurant attached to the Tennis Hall of Fame just about three doors away from the Audrain Museum has the best mashed potatoes I've ever had. 

The new joke in the family is that future visits will be to get potatoes and the car museum is the side trip 😃

• Like 1

We are post winter shakedown yesterday and discovered we needed Kerosene.  Wrong season here for finding that.   It required a state wide search and trips to multiple Tractor supply stores to buy their last 5 gallon drums.

Weather looks like rain,  good thing we don't have a windshield or a roof.  I bought some rain gear when picking up the kerosene.

• Like 5

AJ, looks like more fun than one should be allowed to have! I have heard of that museum but no idea where it was. I was  in Newport a few years ago and did the house tour thing would have loved to hit that up as well. Now I have an excuse to go back.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TAKerry said:

AJ, looks like more fun than one should be allowed to have! I have heard of that museum but no idea where it was. I was  in Newport a few years ago and did the house tour thing would have loved to hit that up as well. Now I have an excuse to go back.

Kerry,  Newport is everything the Cape and the Islands are not.  Fantastic place to visit.   We are staying at the Viking which is a hundred year old hotel.  about 1/4 of a mile from where the tour starts.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, alsancle said:

Not a bad video from last year except he hasn't learned to hold his phone horizontally.  Took me a year to teach Ed to do that.

I don't own a cellphone and wonder why those that do only use the center screen. Have fun!

17 hours ago, alsancle said:

Not a bad video from last year except he hasn't learned to hold his phone horizontally.  Took me a year to teach Ed to do that.

Who owns the Panhard et Levassor? Is it a local car?

Thanks for posting. I guess the weather is consistent with the London to Brighton run!  Glad you got youre rain gear the other day. Hope it works. I know my rain gear riding my motorcycle only works about 60% but its better than nothing.

• Like 1

This would make a wonderful story in the Horseless Carriage Gazette, as a follow-up to its recent spread on last fall's London-to-Brighton, which was pretty nearly drowned out.  Maybe we can revive the honorable tradition of touring brass cars on all weather, instead of going modern on rainy days.

Great to see the photos thanks for taking the time to share. Just looking at this now, hope you are still staying dry. Here on Western long island it is pouring rain.

Nice to see some locations I drove my 1941 Packard station wagon to 35+ years ago on a visit to R.I. have not changed nor have seen "improvements" to the buildings - like plastic and alloy framed windows etc.

Thanks for the great thread and photographs, A.J.   

Could you edit your pictures to tell us what kind of car is in each of your pictures?   This would be very educational.

Thanks,   your photos remind me of the first few Great American Races when we had several 1902 Racers and many 1910 and earlier cars.

Paul 

I give those owners a lot of credit for taking those beautiful car's out on such a miserable, cold and rainy day in R.I. Day's of cleaning ahead, especially the car with all white tires. Thank you to all the owners!

• Like 1