FS 1932 Nash 970 Sedan for sale - $9,750 (Talala OK) Not mine looks decent enough

22 minutes ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

Some shade of red might be acceptable, but not that bright of one on an otherwise sedate sedan. Also, notice all of the red slopped on the striker plate (door jamb).

I don't see it. Looks o.k. to me.

Interesting........I'm not a fan of the shade of red on this car, but any American sedan from 1932 with a straight 8, for under 10,000 dollars that looks like it is in this good of shape......and runs......and has a clean title........should find a home somewhere.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

For the long-term record, here is the text copied

from the ad.  The car is said to be in Talala, Oklahoma,

with 50,000 miles, and the asking price is $9750:

"Nash 970 sedan for sale, older frame off restoration, original flathead straight eight, nice driver, was show car but will need freshing up before showing again. Nice driver, neat old car, many things done over the years, new radiator, rings, seals, tires. Clean title. Have too many projects and don't drive much, ready for someone else to enjoy."

1 hour ago, Dale Tharp said:

Good morning this is Dale in Ks. I would like contact info on the 32 Nash I have questions. Thanks. 620 332 49three two

Dale, the seller did not list his telephone number in his ad.

You'll have to go to the Craig's List ad, select "Reply,"

and send him a message through Craig's List.  This section

of the AACA Forum is "Not Mine," where forum-goers

merely refer to interesting ads that they have seen elsewhere,

to alert fellow car fans.

I'm also not a fan of red on most cars (other than sports cars or compacts) but I don't think the red keeps that Nash from being an attractive car. OTOH, I can totally understand why pre-war Nash owners wouldn't like seeing that color on that car.

How much impact does that non-original color have on the price? Is that why it seems so inexpensive? If so, it makes me wonder why people opt for such conspicuous departures from originality.

5 hours ago, alsancle said:

I'm not a fan of red on any prewar car but I think this car should sell.   What John said is true.  We typically see 6 banger cars in worse shape at this price point.

https://www.amazon.com/Color-Evaluator-Glasses-Green-Lenses/dp/B08KJR1S1W

here’s the solution. Your car only has to make you happy, forget about everybody else’s opinion. Pop for a pair of these for $25 and always wear them driving your Nash, it looks great in black-and-white and you’re all in for under 10 grand!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Sharp car, seems like a great asking price.

I don’t know a thing about Nash paint schemes, but it seems to me you could pick up the black on the fenders somewhere on the upper body and mute the effect of all the red.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fossil said:

I like the car. I like the color. The price seems more than fair for a car in this condition. Hope it goes to a good home and is driven regularly. 

I agree, and maybe for a "first" old car, this would be a solid entry to the pre-war part of the hobby.

If I didn't have any cars, I would consider it.

• Like 1

Somebody got a deal.  Most comparable basket cases are priced higher than this.   I would have jumped on this car had it been within a reasonable distance from me.  The red was incorrect and no matter what color the body was the upper body, roof, and reveals running onto the hood should have been black.  If I bought it I would have done the black correctly, sanded and buffed out the red, and called it "a day".   The interior fabric was incorrect in color and type but was pleasing to the eye.

Edited by cjmarzoli (see edit history)
  • Like 2