DeliVer-All Truck. Marmon-Herrington.

Dandy Dave

6 hours ago, 1937hd45 said:

Two toboggins and two sheets of plywood, cordless screw gun, screws, & some chains and it is out of there. 

I have some extra wide farm wagon tires on axles that I could put under it. This would minimize tearing up any plant life as it would roll instead of drag over the land. A path to get the truck out is not that wet. It just has whatever growing there, or near the area.

Dave, 

make up a tag saying 

“VDAA”

Vehicle Disposal Association of America” 

Put your picture on it with this below it

“Certified Engineer Member since 1982”

put it in one of those plastic holders hook on a landyard and hang it around your neck. 
Bring your wagon wheels and your roll off truck. Where kaki pants and a white shirt. Look official. Have a clip board that has a form with your company name (make one up that has VDAA member under it )

and places to fill in type of vehicle and where it is. Be sure to have a disclaimer for damage to environment is sole responsibility of property owners. Have a place for EPA to sign off liability for your removal to ensure no undue damage to the environment caused by removal of hazardous waste material in the form of above listed material or byproducts from that material. 

Most officials are impressed with official looking ID’s and won’t question that you are an expert in vehicle removal. I’ll start the association if you pay me dues! 
Have fun. 
dave s 

Edited by SC38dls (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I guess it's a plant from the infamous dead twig family

image.png.92433f2762f9d5d82d8dc5fad93015a3.png

Here is a list of the endangered plants in New York. You're not going to believe how long this list is and this is the original non-updated version ...

Don't ask me how the EPA knew there were less than 1000 each in existance in 1989 when article 6 NYCRR 193.3 was formed. I call BS!

View Document - New York Codes, Rules and Regulations (westlaw.com)

Found that link from here in the first sentence:

State Protected Plants - NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation

You may need to put on your negotiator hat.

It might be helpful to ask them to identify which plant is endangered in this area. Maybe there is a way you can negotiate replanting or proper steps to not disturb them once you know what you're dealing with.

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, c49er said:

"Endanger species of plant"?

Probably some endangered striated wriggly worms too...

Let's hope it's not the Asclepias variegata

If it is they will probably milk that white man for everything he has.

Common name for above plant is White Milkweed ;) 

18 hours ago, JACK M said:

I was thinking if there is construction in the area you might find a friendly crane operator.

There are excavators on and around the job, just no path for one without doing a lot of damage. Easier to just winch it home. There is a path that would only take minimal dead and already down stuff out of the way. It can easily be done from the parking lot. 

27 minutes ago, 30DodgePanel said:

I guess it's a plant from the infamous dead twig family

image.png.92433f2762f9d5d82d8dc5fad93015a3.png

Here is a list of the endangered plants in New York. You're not going to believe how long this list is and this is the original non-updated version ...

Don't ask me how the EPA knew there were less than 1000 each in existance in 1989 when article 6 NYCRR 193.3 was formed. I call BS!

View Document - New York Codes, Rules and Regulations (westlaw.com)

Found that link from here in the first sentence:

State Protected Plants - NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation

You may need to put on your negotiator hat.

It might be helpful to ask them to identify which plant is endangered in this area. Maybe there is a way you can negotiate replanting or proper steps to not disturb them once you know what you're dealing with.

OK. The truck is in Brookfield, CT.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2023 at 4:20 PM, AHa said:

You might also point out there is likely still oil in the motor, trans, and rear, that will eventually leak out. It is better to have it removed. It is funny though, the EPA had no problems with the railroad burning the cars in Palestine but they are worried about you pulling the truck through 50' of wetland? Whats wrong with this picture.

That is the last thing you want to point out!! 

I used to be primarily a commercial building contractor, ran across environmental stuff all the time. Just hoops and typically they take three times as long as the actual building process. As far as disturbing the vegetation that is a huge crock!! Have you ever seen what a field will do to regenerate itself in even a short time?  I have seen buildings vacated for 10 years that have become completely overgrown. If I dont cut the grass at my house for a couple of weeks the weeds are already starting to grow through the sidewalk. Rules are great, but common sense is better in a lot of cases. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TAKerry said:

That is the last thing you want to point out!! 

I used to be primarily a commercial building contractor, ran across environmental stuff all the time. Just hoops and typically they take three times as long as the actual building process. As far as disturbing the vegetation that is a huge crock!! Have you ever seen what a field will do to regenerate itself in even a short time?  I have seen buildings vacated for 10 years that have become completely overgrown. If I dont cut the grass at my house for a couple of weeks the weeds are already starting to grow through the sidewalk. Rules are great, but common sense is better in a lot of cases. 

Totally Agree. I've seen it hundreds of time being involved in both farming, and the excavating business most of my life. Stuff grows back fast.

• Like 1

We restored a '36 Thorne gas-electric milk truck for a local dairy.  Similar is shape and size to the Marmon Harrington and maybe in 20% or so better shape.  The president of the company found their original truck in a farmer's field being used to store sheep feed. It had been there since 1957 when they sold it as scrap.  Nice to see more interest in these unusual vehicles.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AHa said:

The ground looks completely dry around the truck. How does this qualify as a "wet area." If the endangered plant likes to grow in a wet area, there are none between the truck and pavement.

I've delt with the EPA once quite a few years ago while looking at a piece of land. It is the wet area plus X number of feet from whatever plants are found growing there that are considered wet land plants. On a piece of land around 9 acers that use to be pasture for cows only had around 1 to 1.5 acers of buildable land. Part of the problem was a beaver dam that raised the water table and the land became wet lands. Don't you dare touch those beavers to reclaim the land either. 

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Dave, my brother wrote a letter to the local paper quite a few years ago. It was regarding a sudden change in the local geography. Trees had been felled, streams had been closed off, land became flooded, all done without permits! The body of the letter was very inflammatory and ones ire was def. up by the time they got to the end of it. The culprit doing all of the damage, a local family of beavers! The paper even put a picture of the damn and follow up. That one letter created quite a few responses. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, TAKerry said:

Dave, my brother wrote a letter to the local paper quite a few years ago. It was regarding a sudden change in the local geography. Trees had been felled, streams had been closed off, land became flooded, all done without permits! The body of the letter was very inflammatory and ones ire was def. up by the time they got to the end of it. The culprit doing all of the damage, a local family of beavers! The paper even put a picture of the damn and follow up. That one letter created quite a few responses. 

Speaking of Beavers and Dams, 

"While I did not pay for, nor authorize their dam project, I think they would be highly offended you call their skillful use of natural building materials 'debris,'" he wrote to a DEQ official.

"I would like to challenge you to attempt to emulate their dam project any dam time and/or any dam place you choose. I believe I can safely state there is no dam way you could ever match their dam skills, their dam resourcefulness, their dam ingenuity, their dam persistence, their dam determination and/or their dam work ethic."

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• 7 months later...

I have a 1948 DeliVerall here in River Falls.  It was operating as a concession wagon when I parked it.  Many folks in the community have organized to fix it up and open it up again,  The plan right now is to make it towable to eliminate license fees and insurance.  I may have a good drive train available.

pops wagon.jpg

• Like 3