1971 Chrysler new yorker 14,000 miles SURIVOR $21,997 --- NotMine ---

Nice car but I would get rid of the wide white walls ASAP.

Automatic transmission
Exterior color: Tan · Interior color: Black
Fuel type: Gasoline
2 owners
This vehicle is paid off

Seller's Description

1971 Chrysler New Yorker 440 original paint, original body, all original interior, survivor 14,000 original miles documented car is absolutely flawless . Original window sticker, two original perfect build sheets which I pull out of the car, original Billis sale, Original Bill sale original and warranty information with original keys call Tim 

Product photo of 1971 Chrysler New Yorker · 14,000 miles SURIVOR

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, The 55er said:

Ouch, lose those wide whitewalls immediately!

Are those the type that are just a round white panel that tucks into the rim and fits to the face of the tire? The good thing about tacky looking aftermarket add-ons is that they keep the desirabilty - and therefore price - of the vehicle lower. Price of the car is high now, but it'll come down if the seller wants to sell. 

• Like 1

Agreed on the whitewalls.  These ones look ridiculous.  I have never even seen tires with a whitewall that goes all the way out to the tread.  Interestingly according to the window sticker it was delivered with blackwalls which must have been very rare on a New Yorker in 1971. (see spare in truck also)  I think narrow 1" whitewalls would look best.    But anything would look better than these tires!

• Like 1

I have a 1978 Lincoln Town Coupe saved from Facebook with those same stupid wide whites.  And for both cars, the tires will then need replaced.  

In my opinion, this is a fine $12,000 car with regular radials but getting into the $20k range we all know won’t happen.  

Issue is, these cars drop off Facebook or CL and we never know how it all ended up.   Would be nice to know.   

• Like 2

Very nice looking, solid appearing New Yorker which would make a great tour-driver, as long as you're not "psycho" over adding the miles,

and as long as you could get it for about half the ridiculous asking price - which is about double the ACTUAL purchase price back in 1971.

Even 'though I'm a whitewall guy, those are just too much - and are closer to the style on our '30 Packard.

I don't think they're porta-walls - most likely 4" or 4-1/2 inch customs on modern radials (maybe a few years ago?) from Diamondback?

• Like 1