$40,000
Located in Huntsville, AL

About This Vehicle

Driven 999,999 miles
Manual transmission
Exterior color: Tan · Interior color: Brown
Fuel type: Gasoline

Seller's Description

EXCELLENT RESTORATION CANDIDATE 1933 Pierce Arrow 836 Convertible Roadster Coupe. Saloon trim level. Extremely rare 1 of 5 in existence recently unearthed. If you are into Brass era cars you know what this is and what they are worth. Included a couple pictures of one of the other remaining roadsters as an example. Very complete car (parts not on car are in crates) for restoration had been stored since the 70’s. Very solid no body rust only surface. Motor is free. Chassis, motor all match and have paperwork going back to original owner. I would consider muscle car and classic European car trades. Serious inquiries only. Alabama does not issue titles for vehicles this old can provide notarized bill of sale, registration and all historical paperwork in my possession of the car.

No photo description available.

No photo description available.

2 hours ago, Grimy said:

A VERY rare and desirable car...but as it is, a huge money pit.  @edinmass will know the history and be able to elucidate....

Just add 800k and drive it. 

Nest car. Talk about needing everything. I’m guessing it needs wood also. It will probably never get done. I didn’t have this on on my radar……..unusual. 

• Like 2

I thought this car was unearthed a couple of years ago, and the new owner was all excited about starting the restoration, anyone remember that?  Maybe a dose of reality set in?

A lot of money to restore, yes, but would be a lovely car to own.  It needs an owner/restorer who can do a lot of his own work to be reasonable.  I know of a similar condition (not Pierce but very similar and a Classic) roadster being done now by a restoration shop that's going to be in the 250K cost range fully restored.

1 hour ago, Milburn Drysdale said:

What would this go for at auction when restored?

I would guess about 2/3 of the restoration cost! 

This is a car for someone with very deep pockets that could care less what the final value is over restoration cost. Hopefully some day it will be on the show field in all its glory.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TAKerry said:

I would guess about 2/3 of the restoration cost! 

This is a car for someone with very deep pockets that could care less what the final value is over restoration cost. Hopefully some day it will be on the show field in all its glory.

That's right! The late Martin Swig (organizer of the California Mille among other things) told me one time "A good project is one where you don't know  know what it costs, a bad one is where you remember every dime." Of course he was in a better position than most to feel that way since his family on the Fairmont Hotel in SF. 

Actually, the car you guys think it is was a 1935 V-12 New York show car in a similar color. It came out of Oklahoma, and was sold to a collector in Pennsylvania. It’s currently under restoration. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow ! Where were cars like this 30  years ago when I could have devoted the rest of my life to bringing it back to life . { Like my friends father did with his Model J I mentioned to you a couple of weeks ago Ed. }

Out of money and starting to run out of time as well. But what a grand car !

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)

They are still coming out every month. More than you can imagine. When it comes to open Pierce 8’s and 12’s there are  only two unknown cars pulled out in the last 30 years. As far as 8 to 12 swaps……..there are a few of us who hold the knowledge on how to tell them…….and information on how to tell isn’t shared outside the keepers of the purity. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1