'50 Plymouth sedan World's Best! (or at least most expensive)

I hate to see these ads...so much disappointment lies ahead.

4 door '50 Plymouths are just never going to be worth $35,000 no  matter what.  

https://santabarbara.craigslist.org/cto/d/ojai-1950-plymouth-special-deluxe-award/7547176703.html

1950 PLYMOUTH SPECIAL DELUXE, AWARD WINNER, COMPLETELY RESTORED
Beautifully restored 1950 PLYMOUTH SPECIAL DELUXE. This pristine example was purchased from the original owner and then painstakingly brought back to it’s former glory, which is how it sits right now. The original engine and transmission are still in the car and the title is clear. The pictures say it all...
Spare parts will be included in the sale. The vehicle just underwent a major service at reputable classic car outfit. Ready for the next parade or car show. For those of you in the know, these beautiful sedans are very difficult, if not impossible to come by... especially with low mileage and no rust. This particular car is complete down to the original wheel covers! The body dons it's original color and the interior is excellent with vinyl upholstery and factory steering wheel. Here is your chance to own one that just needs a new home!  (626) 590-4177

00U0U_aQSsLuVYNlXz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00202_fLMg7DzIF9Vz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00n0n_kqXWRDFbaFzz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00o0o_266W6p7kZddz_0lM0t2_600x450.jpg00N0N_8qCPUMh04PFz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00M0M_lAvJ9t9cRIsz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00H0H_6J4OAY509Bgz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00O0O_2UMGahWUEz6z_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

"The body dons it's [sic] original color ... "  That pretty much says all you need to know about the seller of this "difficult, if not impossible to come by" "beautiful" sedan.

For $35K, I would think you would at least get a wiper switch and a cigar lighter! 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Beautiful color and nice car. I think it's admirable to restore a more pedestrian old car to a very high level. I think a person may have a hard time recouping his money in such an endeavor, though. I say that as a former '50 P19 owner who really likes these cars. Nevertheless, I sincerely hope he can get what he want's for this beauty. I love looking at stuff like this at cars shows.

I owned the nicest 49 Plymouth in the world when I was in high school. A 9000 mile original car, that my dad couldn't help himself and repainted in the same color as this car. Put 10,000 miles on it, my brothers put another five, we sold it for 1500 bucks with 25,000 miles on it 1985.

This is a very nice car, and I could see someone paying premium. Problem is the premium is probably around 10 K.

• Like 2

We had a local guy sell the same model up here a few years ago. Green, nicely maintained interior in same shape as this car. Guy spent all summer trying to get 9k for it, ended up selling for just under 6k. Except for the color it was this car's twin. 

No heater? That car wouldn't make it here, where the temps can go down to single digits in January and February.

The seller, as we say in the music business, is on drugs if he thinks he's going to get $35K for that very pedestrian, albeit beautifully restored car. He's in for a rude awakening.