So Ed is banned?

alsancle

Ed has been pretty quiet on the forum the last couple days so I called him today.   He is sick and doped up on NyQuil but he said he had been banned?     He seemed a little vague as to why but I'm sure it was one of the stupid EV threads we have going.   He said it wasn't Pete or Steve but one of the other moderators.

My question is:   What exactly did he do worthy of banning and why didn't the offending post simply get deleted?

I realize half of what he points is pointless and annoying but the other half is gold to prewar car guys.   Last time I looked he was the most popular user on the forum by a lot.

As separate but related issue is that these EV threads are poison to the forum.   They just cause trouble.

Edited by alsancle (see edit history)
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 7

Not only are they poison but they are multiplying. Ok, we get it, California is pretending they will stop selling new gasoline cars in 13 years. Reality is, they won’t. Why do we need 3-4 threads on the first page about it? Let’s be real, the electric vehicle is a political topic. And it’s just a topic that is brought into society so that people in power feel powerful and they can cause conversation and unknown uneasy feelings to the rest of us. We all know it, let’s stop pretending. 

Edited by Fleetwood Meadow (see edit history)
  • Like 11

Personally, I'm sick to death of those threads. I now ignore them. They accomplish absolutely nothing except to get people riled up. I propose that ALL discussion of modern electric cars should be banned...not one of our most productive and knowledgeable members.

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, Fleetwood Meadow said:

Not only are they poison but they are multiplying. Ok, we get it, California is pretending they will stop selling new gasoline cars in 13 years. Reality is, they won’t. Why do we need 3-4 threads on the first page about it? Let’s be real, the electric vehicle is a political topic. And it’s just a topic that is brought into society so that people in power feel powerful and they can cause conversation and unknown uneasy feelings to the rest of us. We all know it, let’s stop pretending. 

I definitely feel there is trolling going on. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Fleetwood Meadow said:

I am grateful for threads like the following and search them out to drop my blood pressure after reading the EV threads. . .

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, alsancle said:

...he said he had been banned?    

You have a question mark on your sentence.

Do you mean he's not sure that he's been banned;

or he's not sure WHY he has been banned;

or you're not sure if that's really what he meant?

It might be easiest to clarify with Ed himself.

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

This Stutz was running when I took the photo at Lime Rock Saturday, maybe Ed is working on yours?

Lets be honest, are there 12 Forum member that can wire trailer lights? DUMP the EV threads NOT ED!

DSCF9868.JPG

Nice. I could use that engine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alsancle said:

Nice. I could use that engine.

It was out run by a Friend from Mass. driving a Ford Flathead 1938 ARCA season championship car. Ford would be faster and give you more leg room. Do the black arm bands for Ed at Hershey go on the right or left arm? 

DSCF9906.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How long does a ban last? Ed’s known for his ability, sharing knowledge, giving attitude and of course his whit and sarcasm.  If his sarcasm went to far maybe the thread or at least the post could have been removed not Ed. 
Maybe we should set up a go fund me to buy him a bottle or two of his favorite Canadian Club beverage 

dave s 

• Like 7

Would be good to understand the story here.  Ed is colorful at times but never offensive to my knowledge.  If that is the case it's a big loss..

On EVs, gas prices, etc. If we are goingcto have any of that it should be in an OT section, and expect issues...

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

On EVs, gas prices, etc. If we are going to have any of that it should be in an OT section, and expect issues...

Good point, Steve!  We already have an

"Automotive Legislation" section, though I'm

not sure how often it's seen.

But if we don't know the reason for the assumed

banning, there's no need to pursue the electric-vehicle

topic here.

• Like 1