1936 Chrysler - value?

LynMut

You need clear photos of the interior - door panels and headliner , dashboard, and of the engine so we can stop guessing if it is 6 or 8 cylinder, what condition is the running board rubber? wiring of the motor, under the dash , to the lamps etc.  fog lamps at the front seem to be of the 1940s era. NOT criticisms just observations and this will determine a very rough estimate as to value. Is the paint enamel or lacquer? Anything at all replated? Do you know if the motor,generator, starter were rebuilt? is the clutch stuck/frozen. When were the tires fitted?  Black or whitewall?

Selling an old car is like trying to sell a house of the same era - questions need to be answered.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Air up the tires and roll it outside for a few dozen CLEAR close up photos of every area including engine compartment, interior, and underneath if you can.  Also remove the rebel flag plate!  Where are you in Maryland?  I'm in Alexandria... 

1 hour ago, Rusty_OToole said:

$10000 more or less. How much more, or less, depends on condition, do you have ownership papers in your name, six or eight cylinder and maybe a few other things.

Rusty

I am working with Family your in the ballpark , six cylinder, will advise when I get the photos and further condition status

Regards

34 minutes ago, alsancle said:

I think 10K is an upper bound.

As a six cylinder sedan in dated colors it’s not an easy car to sell.

Going deeper, it is also an "entry level" prewar car,  being a 6 cyl and a 4 door.  The target market would not be a well funded person, more like a lower income older person and those people are getting blasted by the 20+% "real" inflation rate.  Are they going to buy a car just for pleasure driving with fuel prices rising so high?

Flippers have always been a major part of keeping pricing up on anything, and flippers of this type of car are backing off.  Prices will find new lows as flippers won't get back in at their former buy-in prices.  

Also understanding that the younger generations have no connection with prewar cars unless it's a hotrod, and the older people are watching their 401's getting decimated on top of the inflation insanity. 

"a perfect storm"

• Like 3

The fact that it has been off the road for 9 years is a concern. Could mean it needs tires, battery, brakes, and a few other things to be put back in commission. Motor could even be frozen although that is unlikely if it has been stored indoors with the air cleaner in place and the hood closed.

13 hours ago, pont35cpe said:

Who knows.. i was thinking it`s a 2dr sedan. Can`t really tell by pictures, unless i`m missing something, i only see one exterior door handle. If 4dr, are rear doors suicide?

Yes it’s a 2 door sedan when family gets better pics and condition will advise.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, thehandleman said:

Ok guys I put it up for sale on the Not mine page this is what the family sent if your Interested you all can follow up with Family

4 hours ago, thehandleman said:

Ok guys I put it up for sale on the Not mine page this is what the family sent if your Interested you all can follow up with Family

Handleman, we can all appreciate your efforts to help

this family.  You're just what they needed--a knowledgeable

old-car hobbyist who is happy to help someone with less

knowledge.

This is the best of the hobby!

• Like 1