Some cars I seen on a tour

junkyardjeff

As I see it, those cars will not be seen much longer.  I see the spring growth about to engulf them in greenery soon and they will not be seen again

in until next winter.

• Like 1

I'm chuckling, all the eloquence in the recent topic on Pronunciation Quiz has perked the ears/eyes of the grammar police. I do flinch at grammar mistakes, but usually give way. Saw (or is it seen?) several in topic headings this past month, most common is to/too, their/there/ they're, were/where, etc. Not to mention clear typing errors not checked (mechanics seem to have fat fingers!). Occasionally I will PM the poster to allow the opportunity for correction without it becoming a part of the topic, which is my recommended course of correction. An alternative is to get out Sister Holywater's strap. Always nice to see photos like these witnessing that there are still many old cars sitting ready to be reclaimed by Mother Nature or Father Time (are caps suitable here?).

Gunsmoke, the nuns I had as teachers in grade school used a wooden pointer with a rubber tip on them. They had a knack for being able to hit the edge of the desk and just barely touch your hands. It made a loud sound and just barely hit your hand. One time the great white whale ( large nun in an all white habit) did it to me and the stick broke. It whacked my hand and cut it. The nun was horrified and immediately took me to the nurses room to be bandaged. I could get away with anything in her class after that, still have a trace of the scar. Now back to our regularly scheduled car talk. 
dave s 

• Like 3

I barely escaped from school with a remedial education. I majored in pet peeves. My mother had a PHD. She would not tolerate, "I ain't got no", "Me and Jeff are going to the movies". The misuse of "seen" gave her the hives. It's in my DNA. My fave is people who use "Myself" as their name. "Call myself at 1800 555555. Rule of thumb is, your name is I or me not myself

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CarlLaFong said:

I barely escaped from school with a remedial education. I majored in pet peeves. My mother had a PHD. She would not tolerate, "I ain't got no", "Me and Jeff are going to the movies". The misuse of "seen" gave her the hives. It's in my DNA. My fave is people who use "Myself" as their name. "Call myself at 1800 555555. Rule of thumb is, your name is I or me not myself

The Rolling Stone's song Satisfaction  must have irritated your Mom every time she heard it 

" I ain't go no...... Satisfaction" 

40 minutes ago, John348 said:

The Rolling Stone's song Satisfaction  must have irritated your Mom every time she heard it 

" I ain't go no...... Satisfaction" 

She thought all 60s rock songs were about sex and drugs. There was "Winston tastes good like (as) a cigarette should" and "The King and I"

• Haha 1

I can't get no satisfaction
I can't get no satisfaction
'Cause I try, and I try, and I try, and I try
I can't get no, I can't get no
When I'm driving in my car
When a man come on the radio
He's telling me more and more
About some useless information
Supposed to fire my imagination
I can't get no, oh, no, no, no, hey, hey, hey
That's what I say