Amelia Island?

alsancle

The interior of #255 is just hideous!  Must of been done in the 60's or 70's.  What were they thinking?

The exterior colors of #'s 251 and 278 are also horrid!  Where is the trunk or trunk rack on the Rolls sedan?

Looking at the engine compartment of the 1964 RR Silver Cloud here makes me remember why I like Pre WWII era cars. Sure they had some real complicated stuff then ( twin ignition - double your trouble double your fun???) but seeing all the hoses, wires, cables etc. on the Silver Cloud just stopped me in my tracks - I wouldn't own one if it was given to me. My RR guru - Joe Star of Roslyn, NY passed away years ago and he was the one who was my mentor to keep even my 1927 Phantom 1 Springfield RR town car on that road in good order and that car had been done mechanically to perfection. Pre war to me is just more straight forward and simpler. But most wiring to me is not simple and I avoid it if at all possible.

• Like 2

A looks nice enough from a distance.  Definately a decent deal assuming it runs, stops and goes as straight as most.  Likely a hobbyist, not enough meat on the bone I think for most dealers to mess with.

Any T series MGs in the auctuon AJ?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

A looks nice enough from a distance.  Definately a decent deal assuming it runs, stops and goes as straight as most.  Likely a hobbyist, not enough meat on the bone I think for most dealers to mess with.

Any T series MGs in the auctuon AJ?

I haven’t seen any Steve.

6 hours ago, alsancle said:

If this brings 20 K I will be shocked.

520393BA-D8E2-4BC1-AFB3-9718E60695F0.jpeg

2FAD6C65-A452-4927-BAC3-60B4D6F45CE7.jpeg

8EFC51E2-2D74-4FF8-9B79-1CBA7F57B858.jpeg

AF18516F-993A-4D0A-A8FE-00A45B4E6ED3.jpeg

I'd might pay that for it but I know what is wrong with it and how to fix it...I liked Ted Leonard but he had terrible taste in colors. Does it still have the "bordello yellow" interior?

alsancle, Thanks for posting the information on several of the cars. I've been around the hobby long enough to recognize maybe half of the cars, but the younger folks have no idea on most of them -- and they're the ones we need to attract. Whenever I post a photo, I try to include at least the make and model if I know it. And to help me remember I take a photo of the info posted on the windshield of each car I photograph at the shows. 

Don

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

Someone may ask what an AMS is. Same goes for AJS Town Sedans.

OK, I'll bite!  What do AMS and AJS stand for? And what are the two sedans? I wouldn't kick either one out of my garage -- except they wouldn't fit. I like the gray/tan club sedan.

Don. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, alsancle said:

24k hammer Joe.

Gurning Nutting AMS brought 56k hammer.

Well...that is more than I think it's worth. Actually, I'm too old for a project like that so even at half that price I'd pass. I'll be surprised if the new owner isn't very disappointed with his "bargain."

The AMS did better than I'd expect but I've been out of the price loop so long that I don't really have a worthwhile opinion.

Edited by JV Puleo (see edit history)

33 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

Someone may ask what an AMS is. Same goes for AJS Town Sedans.

From Rolls-Royce in America by John Webb de Campi, page 125:

"In 1931 Derby completed the first of a series of left-drive Phantom IIs, whose chassis numbers were followed by the series letters AJS and AMS - A stands for American.  Derby had anticipated building 200 left-drive chassis but there simply weren't customers for that quantity. A total of 125 of these cars were dispatched from 1931 to 1934: 116 went to the U.S.A., 3 to Canada and 6 to Europe."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AJ - Thank you for the pics. Still waiting to see what that character you hang out with, you know the one who is always saying he is the good looking one that no one has the heart to tell him he doesn’t know what good looks are in a person, has brought to the show. 
dave s 

ps- he does know good looking cars and how to sort them out. 

Edited by SC38dls (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1