Unusual Hubcaps

pkhammer

12 minutes ago, pkhammer said:

Thank you everybody. The knowledge and helpfulness here never ceases to amaze. I have been going thru 700+ hubcaps, most I can ID but there are plenty I have no clue. 🤔

I feel your pain, sir....

ebaystuff 359.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, pkhammer said:

LOL!! One thing is for certain.....I doubt that you need any more hubcaps! Yowza!!

That is one of three piles. I can see the glint of stainless in my backyard on Google Earth.

Picture 29122.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, pkhammer said:

Is that a collection, inventory or hoarding? In my imagination I see hundreds of cars running up and down the streets of the Pacific Northwest with their lug nuts showing.

They are ALL for sale. No hoarding of those....just 1931 Dodge parts.

• 2 years later...
10 minutes ago, arcticbuicks said:

i would be afraid to show pics of all these.....get flooded with "hey can you send me pics.....im looking for a hupcap "

You'll notice my original post was three years ago. At the time I had over 700 hubcaps I was trying to get rid of. I did get some inquiries, but I was trying to find new homes for them so I didn't mind answering questions, better then throwing them away. Forum members were very helpful identifying the ones I didn't recognize which was very helpful. In any case, the vast majority of them are long gone now.

Those look like 1936 US Pontiac, They probably(?) wouldn't fit Canadian, and are definitely aftermarket. Copyright avoidance most likely drove the design. It should say Pontiac if original. I've also seen some aftermarket ones with a P and a string of other letters, mostly o's.

EDIT: Here's @pkhammer's pic from a few posts back. Lettering would have been red originally.

102_5398.JPG.d9592590c7efd530b53ea9c3029

Edited by Bloo (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...