FS - 1933 Buick Sedan Model 90 - Morristown, NJ

1933 4-door Buick Sedan Model 90

(fits 5 people, including driver)
- Has trunk
- Engine: Vortex Chevy 350 (fuel injected)
- New wiring harness with weatherpack connections
- New whitewall tires and wheel rebalancing
- Removed and fixed fuel system, engine, and suspension components in late 2019
- New longblock, intake manifold, distributor, water pump, starter and transmission
- New blower motor
- Hi-tech transmission cooler
- Replaced wheel and axle bearings in late 2019
- Replaced fuel level sender in late 2019
- Installed new alternator in late 2019
- Replaced belts in late 2019
- Rebuilt driveshaft in late 2019
- Rebuilt transmission in late 2019 (automatic)
- New torque converter in late 2019
- Added windshield visor
- On 1/2/20, replaced battery with Interstate battery (2 year free replacement; 6 year pro rated warranty)

- Has heat and A/C

- Has bluetooth speaker system

Absolutely built for reliability (was previously used as a sightseeing tour car in New York City)

Asking price: $55k OBO

896A0951 copy.jpg

896A0984 copy.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

Does this really belong here for sale? Not complaining , but AACA is for the preservation of original features, components, parts . This is a street rod. Isn't there  web pages/site for restorods, street rods, modified cars?  Car seems to be nicely "done" but IMHO is not in keeping with the whole foundation of AACA.

• Like 6

Based on those photos it looks like a 90 to me.  The rear door glass is as long/longer than the front door in the subject car.

What bothers me is when someone is selling a nice vehicle yet doesn’t know what engine it has.  There is no such thing as a “Vortex” 350.  It’s a Vortec.

If nothing else, a period correct steering wheel of sorts would help immensely.

Edited by 39BuickEight (see edit history)

I would like to see the before pictures. Over the years I have seen a lot of stuff that was too rough for a real restorer being pushed off as "a nice father and son project", "a good starter car", or "a parts car". Not good enough for them, but when they think the wrong thing was done it becomes a whole different story.

Back in the early 1990's a very nice local '39 Buick had an engine failure. The car was merely a Model 40 four door touring sedan, certainly not worth the expense of a rebuild at the time. It ended up with a Buick 350 and other modifications. There were some long drawn faces and stuck out bottom lips over that one.

I have always enjoyed humor with a touch of irony, no shortage in the old car hobby. And over the past ten years or so I find myself using the term dogma more often when I talk about the hobby.

In that instance I remember paying $70 for the 16" wheels and tires, all restored. I netted around $500 for them and spent the money on my original car.

Bernie

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Walt G said:

Does this really belong here for sale? Not complaining , but AACA is for the preservation of original features, components, parts . This is a street rod. Isn't there  web pages/site for restorods, street rods, modified cars?  Car seems to be nicely "done" but IMHO is not in keeping with the whole foundation of AACA.

Yes Walt, there is a specific forum thread for "modified Buicks" a bit further down, but this guy / gal has a car for sale, so I guess that's why they chose to post it here.

Not my cup of tea, but it looks rather well done, and built for livery service in NYC, so I can understand that approach.

That said, somebody out there is going to love it. 

Mike in Colorado

Mike, I can totally agree if a car is well past the time, material and cost to restore but can be saved in some way it should be done rather then just abandoned and left to rot.

I can understand that the more expensive series of cars saw less production when new thus are less survivors now as well, all understood. It costs the same to restore, replate, reupholster a smaller car as a larger one that may be more of a "road car" that can cope with the current modern iron we have to. I too really wish that there were some "before " photos so we can see the condition of what there was to start with. It would be a tragedy to see a decent original car get gutted to 'fix a car to their own taste'.  But yes everyone is entitled to do to a car what they wish if they own it.

15 hours ago, Matt Harwood said:

Thanks, SparkEE. I'm pretty sure the subject car is a 60 Series:

549561.jpg

Not a 90 Series:

574f8d1d96a35_005(3).JPG.f55eb8a88d5dd30b0f8b7e0d2b6bb2ca.JPG

That makes me, at least, feel better about it.

I know this green one is a series 90, as it belonged to Mr. Sandy Jones, AKA OCM (Outlaw Car Man)  in Ft. Collins, Colorado.

He had TWO 1933 series 90's. This green one and a black one, which came from the DuPont family, Both of which were very well sorted.

Sandy passed away well over a year ago and I saw somewhere that his wife was trying to sell the black one.

I visited Sandy several times and had the pleasure of riding in the black one.

Loved those cars, but since I had just bought the '40LTD, I could not afford another one so quickly.

Mike in Colorado

Edited by FLYER15015 (see edit history)