63 Trunk Cardboard?

Zimm63

Any suggestions as to the best source, or is everyone selling the from the same original manufacturer?

Do any of them come with the bends in the right place, or is this figure it out yourself territory?  I have a set from a well thought of shop that aren't that great.  

The good news is that's a big box of stuff emptied.  If its trash, its trash, but I'd like to get the trunk put back together.  

Whats out there?

Thanks Ed. I do have about 50 sets of new cardboard. I do not ship this stuff because it is so expensive. I know it will get bent in transit.   I only charge 50 dollars a set. I have attached a picture with the cardboard stacked in the upper right corner. I am sure my wife will scrap all this stuff someday. Until then it is still available. Thanks Gene.

IMG_7475.jpg

8 hours ago, abandg said:

I do have about 50 sets of new cardboard. I do not ship this stuff because it is so expensive. I know it will get bent in transit.   I only charge 50 dollars a set.

If u don’t ship, where do u live? Please say SoCal 🤞🏼

BTW, nice collection of parts 👍🏼

On 4/12/2020 at 4:22 AM, abandg said:

I do have about 50 sets of new cardboard. I do not ship this stuff because it is so expensive. I know it will get bent in transit. I only charge 50 dollars a set.

Gene, I’m sure u have plenty of time left to sell off all your parts before u let your wife scrap them.

How about reconsidering shipping?? I’ll buy a cardboard kit. An idea crossed my mind. Have u heard of Luan 1/4” plywood? Its sold at the big box stores & some hardware stores too. I’m thinking if u sandwich the cardboard between two pieces of Luan & wrap the whole thing with packing tape? Maybe it’ll hold its shape? I’ll be the first guinea pig haha. Are u in?

Edit: 65 Rivi kit pls 😬

Edited by RockinRiviDad (see edit history)

RockinRiv, ever met a person who really does not like to do a certain thing no matter what? Well, Gene really really does not like to ship.

Gene, is the only supplier that had the rubber grommet for the Freon hoses for the firewall. I’m in Baltimore so it is a nice drive up to South Philly. Also, South Philly has places that make a right Good cheese steak submarine sandwich. Gene is always good for the treat. Gene has everything.

Turbinator

• Like 1

On 4/12/2020 at 11:11 AM, Zimm63 said:

Gene- is yours scored or marked for the bends, or I need to figure that out on my own?

I could ride up to your place, grab them off the driveway, leave a $50 under a brick and wave hello.  

Zimm, I bought my card board from Gene for the trunk liner. Then I sent the cardboard to a shop in NC. The shop applied gray vinyl to the cardboard that looks good and easy to clean. Additionally, the shop supplied the floor fabric liner as well. I like it.

Turbinator

3B17B4F0-3637-4130-AE4D-1BAB48A1C8EE.jpeg

• Like 1

Dave, I ship a lot of parts. I don't like to ship anything large as the cost is high and customers don't want to pay that much. I have sent a set of cardboard to Tennessee and the shipping was 50 dollars. Also fenders, hood, bumpers are all big ticket items and you never know how people respond to the item after it is shipped. I will take anything back that I send out even if the customer does not want it. This is my no wining clause that I stand by. This would be expensive if someone is not satisfied with a large item. The cost for them to send it back can be very high. Thus it creates a lot of wining. I hope this clears up my shipping policy. I will ship you cardboard if you want to pay the shipping but it will not be covered by the no wining clause. Your Riviera friend. Gene. Yes my dad was a cool guy and drove a Riviera for many years. He passed away in 2014. We had a statue made of him. He's at the Reading air show greeting people. He loved meeting people and they enjoyed meeting him. It was a great time for me and my family.

83635703_10156471277742273_108897074723946496_n.jpg

readingjpg.jpg

61542058_2196691863771187_4977882278773391360_o.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank u for clearing up the shipping “no whining” policy haha. I will get back to u on whether I wanna pay $50 more for shipping. Probably still a good deal. But I just dropped my car off for an alignment. Holding to get rid of a vibration. Last time he aligned it for me he charged me $200. Not a lot of money but the wife just got laid off due to the virus. So I’m sure she’ll be reminding me when I go to pay the alignment guy  😩

Sorry for your loss (your dad, Wild Bill). I was confused about him still being around. I thought u mentioned he was still around. Sorry. Great statue, sir…I love it…I would’ve loved to have met him. 

Edited by RockinRiviDad (see edit history)
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, riv2x4 said:

Gene,

I'm near enough toTom, maybe ship 3 at the same time?

Larry,

Normally under the present circumstances you would need to stay one Riviera length away when you pick up...however, I modified a dual quad air cleaner into a respirator so we should be OK

Tom

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, abandg said:

I will check on shipping for three sets. Larry send me your zip code and city. Gene.

2 hours ago, RivNut said:

It's pretty much a given on the Buick forums that "If there are no pictures, it didn't happen."  Gonna have to see that respirator. 😁

That`s not a Buick forum thing, that`s an Ed Raner thing...

Tom

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 1965rivgs said:

Gene,

I`m near enough to Larry, maybe you could throw in 2 sets for me?

Tom

11 hours ago, abandg said:

I will check on shipping for three sets. Larry send me your zip code and city. Gene.

That's what I was thinking, ship 3 to us and we can get them divided up here.  My zip is 60048.

1 hour ago, George Buick Riviera said:

I would also like to take one cardboard set for me. @riv2x4 - will you consider to ship it further to IL 60156, of course I will cover the costs ?  @abandg - will you ship additional set (4 in total, I believe) ?

I can do PayPal (preferred) or wire transfer.

I could be the Chicago area drop spot for anyone interested.  Further shipping or meet up could be arranged.

6 hours ago, riv2x4 said:

Further shipping or meet up could be arranged.

I reached out to my Rivi buddy’s to see who needed a kit. Only one buddy with a 64 wanted a kit. We are in SoCal. Would it be smart to jump on board with what u have going on with the 10 kits already? Then have u ship them to me? We can all split the original shipping cost. Then obviously I’d be responsible to pay for the second shipping cost.

I have a 65. My buddy has a 64. Are all first-gen kits the same??

They are the same size for 63 64 65. Kevin, if I did this for a living I would be living in a Sears box in someones yard. John, I will ship you a bulb if you need it to Canada. Larry, I took pictures of the cardboard (actually my wife did. I have a flip phone.) and as you can see it is pretty nice stuff. I put the both rear sections in, one for standard, and one for the remote trunk release. This stuff has to be sliced at the bend to get a perfect bend. It is pretty easy to install. Thanks guys, Gene.

IMG_7693.jpg

IMG_7694.jpg

• Like 3

On 4/14/2020 at 2:58 PM, 1965rivgs said:

Larry,

Normally under the present circumstances you would need to stay one Riviera length away when you pick up...however, I modified a dual quad air cleaner into a respirator so we should be OK

Tom

LOL!!!!  Thanks for the laugh Tom!

On 4/15/2020 at 5:06 PM, abandg said:

If this keeps up I will need a forklift. I will try to post a set up here tomorrow so everyone can see the stuff. Thanks Gene. Also have a nice 65 rear bumper

IMG_7657.jpg

Hi Gene - what are you wanting to get for that '65 rear bumper?  Is it a rechromed core?  Or good original?  Any dents?