Boredom Pictures

abandg

Have enough parts and can start building a 1st Gen. Riviera!

Because of parts, this listing is far from original. Best parts of all 3 years thrown into a '63?

Immediately notice no headlights. A ‘65 grill? Corner grills are 63s?

Then there’s the HVAC, not a ‘63 and difficult to change. A '64/65 dashpad.
It has a ‘65 Console but not for reasons of a TH400 swap. Quadrants clearly marked P N D L R next to shifter, still the DynaFlow.
The interior has OEM “65 Custom seats”.
Description in the Ad makes no mention of mix 'n match.

1963 Buick Riviera (CC-1335465) for sale in Palmetto, Florida

10 minutes ago, XframeFX said:

Have enough parts and can start building a 1st Gen. Riviera!

Because of parts, this listing is far from original. Best parts of all 3 years thrown into a '63?

Immediately notice no headlights. A ‘65 grill? Corner grills are 63s?

Then there’s the HVAC, not a ‘63 and difficult to change. A '64/65 dashpad.
It has a ‘65 Console but not for reasons of a TH400 swap. Quadrants clearly marked P N D L R next to shifter, still the DynaFlow.
The interior has OEM “65 Custom seats”.
Description in the Ad makes no mention of mix 'n match.

1963 Buick Riviera (CC-1335465) for sale in Palmetto, Florida

That is the weirdest one I have seen for a while. So many mixed parts from different years. It still looks OK but the price...

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, SwedeDownUnderR63 said:

That is the weirdest one I have seen for a while. So many mixed parts from different years. It still looks OK but the price...

I think that it has an entire 1965 front clip on it rather than modified 63 items.  A real "Frankenriv."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gene,

You've got an awesome array of parts!

Do you have any idea how many first gen Riv's your've parted out over the years? I would say "quite a few" from the looks of it! :blink:

Thanks for being there for those in need!

Edited by NC1968Riviera (see edit history)

1 hour ago, abandg said:

More moldings

IMG_7492.jpg

IMG_7493.jpg

IMG_7479-2.jpg

obviously been doing this for some time, incredible. I'm curious what do you do with all the screws and fasteners? There are so many different ones. How many 55 gallon drumfulls do you have? Screws, nuts and fasteners oh my! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, abandg said:

Tom, yes it is. It was the wrong color. So hopefully someone will have the right color with a bad wheel. It makes a nice decoration. Gene.

So you compared this to the factory aqua, correct? Maybe for the blue cloth interior?

Tom

On 4/5/2020 at 5:50 AM, abandg said:

Need some stainless

Holy, moly, *jaw drops to the floor*

I'd certainly be curious if you ever remember which drawer has all the the radio antenna masts for a '64, *wink wink, knudge, knudge".

Later,

• Like 1

12 hours ago, abandg said:

Tom, yes it is. It was the wrong color. So hopefully someone will have the right color with a bad wheel. It makes a nice decoration. Gene.

Would love to see someone use this wheel, maybe recolor it? It is VERY hard to find an original standard wheel that is not cracked!

Tom

It (toilet paper) doesn't keep as well as steel or specifically Chrome plated steel.

If I wasn't lazy, I'd post a few pix of Buick items that I have no intention of using. I have 1964 Riviera wire and standard hubcaps in the basement somewhere. Just a set of 4 each.

Not getting any younger, will have to find a home for some of the stuff. Wife wants to downsize.

LOLing on the toilet paper. We buy as we need. Bad timing in that we were running low when the rush happened. Had to wait a week and buy whatever there was on the shelf, not our usual Kirkland brand from Costco.

4 minutes ago, XframeFX said:

It (toilet paper) doesn't keep as well as steel or specifically Chrome plated steel.

If I wasn't lazy, I'd post a few pix of Buick items that I have no intention of using. I have 1964 Riviera wire and standard hubcaps in the basement somewhere. Just a set of 4 each.

Not getting any younger, will have to find a home for some of the stuff. Wife wants to downsize.

LOLing on the toilet paper. We buy as we need. Bad timing in that we were running low when the rush happened. Had to wait a week and buy whatever there was on the shelf, not our usual Kirkland brand from Costco.

I`m anticipating a huge increase in bidet sales and plan on investing in a major player...I`m selling everything Buick and buying Kohler...

Tom

• Like 1

I do have a couple of stitches. These are hard to find anymore. What once was a 10 dollar flea market buy is now a 125  to 150 item when you find one that works. In short yes I have a few. Gene. Picture of John Hirsch back in the day. He was a great guy and a real character.

FullSizeRender-57.jpg

IMG_1930.JPG

IMG_7369.jpg

• Like 2

Hmm, Memory Lane. If some of my rides could talk!

All those parts has me thinking that sometimes we're still missing a piece. Images below shows how I made do without. Not pretty but will have to do until I find a better specimen if I even care after time passes. Someone in my house-hold must've closed the driver's door while the panel was hanging from the wire harness.

I'm not so organized with my parts. Sometimes I find a better part in a box long after I needed it.

DSC01835.JPG

DSC01838.JPG

DSC01856.JPG

DSC01874.JPG

• Like 1

10 hours ago, XframeFX said:

Hmm, Memory Lane. If some of my rides could talk!

All those parts has me thinking that sometimes we're still missing a piece. Images below shows how I made do without. Not pretty but will have to do until I find a better specimen if I even care after time passes. Someone in my house-hold must've closed the driver's door while the panel was hanging from the wire harness.

I'm not so organized with my parts. Sometimes I find a better part in a box long after I needed it.

DSC01835.JPG

DSC01838.JPG

DSC01856.JPG

DSC01874.JPG

That will likely be an expensive piece if you can find one that is pit and scratch free, hard to find in nice original condition, they generally are expensive to replate and dont turn out well if the original is badly pitted before reconditioning.

Tom

I spotted the trunk cardboard kits that I suggested (in another thread) u ship a set out to me for my 65 🤞🏼😬

Do u have any horn bars 🤞🏼🤞🏼😬😬

edit: there’s still time…start shipping parts…can’t let the wife scrap it. 

Do u have a nice black 65 steering wheel? Mine has many cracks & missing the silver banding on the face of the wheel.

Edited by RockinRiviDad (see edit history)