Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

12 minutes ago, 58L-Y8 said:

I didn't know there were any flattering views of that unfortunate Duesenberg...  I recall a straight on front view which reveals how the body widens from the cowl like buses in the era did.  The tall overall height, cut-off sausage rear body, heavily rounded window openings and 'humpback whale' side-mount covers all told make this the hands-down worst body any Duesenberg was saddled with.  Wouldn't you know it, many of the gorgeous one-off custom bodies have been lost, but this atrocity survives.

More info on that car here:   https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/19363/lot/420/

His disciples should have bought him a White truck chassis, sent that to Bohmann & Schwartz!  They could have chromed the radiator shell and put white-walls on it,  That rear view is as ungainly and ghastly as all the rest!

1 hour ago, 58L-Y8 said:

His disciples should have bought him a White truck chassis, sent that to Bohmann & Schwartz!  They could have chromed the radiator shell and put white-walls on it,  That rear view is as ungainly and ghastly as all the rest!

GOD ALMIGHTY would never be caught dead in a truck.........just saying.........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/16/2020 at 7:18 PM, alsancle said:

A period photo of this drawing would do the trick.

image.jpeg.e610103d67e98c12931d47da11590f3a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4aced95c6e4ad112f8c5d755c0d57096.jpeg

I think a photograph of this REO new probably needs to be found - it was a significant car for REO and a photo of it should exist as a new car - If someone photographed it post WWII then there are also Pre-WWII photos of it out there.   Of course there are plenty of car that should have photos new and unfortunately do not - but we keep looking. 

• Like 2

From Hervé Pannier‎ on Facebook

Elegance competition on August 1932, 22 in Vichy, M. and Mrs. Rosenwald William presents their Duesenberg Enclosed by Murphy. You will notice that the registration is KF1  and this is for American nationals.  

Foreigners passing through France, they had a special registration so that we can differentiate between French and foreigners. Article:

These are in particular the departments which have reserved complete series to organize separate management of the registrations allocated to the vehicles of foreign tourists from countries not signatory to the conventions on international traffic of 1909 and 1926. Indeed, until the creation of the TT series (Temporary Transit) in 1933, these vehicles were re-registered in the normal series when they arrived in France. As the first of these countries was the United States, whose nationals disembarked by the thousands through the ports of the Channel, it is not surprising to count there the Lower Seine (Department) block XB and the Channel (Department) Series KF1.

Image may contain: 1 person, wedding and outdoor

Image may contain: car

And here is the car more recently:

Duesenberg Model J 1929 Convertible Sedan with bdoywork by Murphy, Model J #225

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)
  • Like 1

From Hervé Pannier‎ on Facebook

Here is a Duesenberg passing through France between the two wars, you will notice the XB registration.  

Foreigners passing through France, they had a special registration so that we can differentiate between French and foreigners. Article:

These are in particular the departments which have reserved complete series to organize separate management of the registrations allocated to the vehicles of foreign tourists from countries not signatory to the conventions on international traffic of 1909 and 1926. Indeed, until the creation of the TT series (Temporary Transit) in 1933, these vehicles were re-registered in the normal series when they arrived in France. As the first of these countries was the United States, whose nationals disembarked by the thousands through the ports of the Channel, it is not surprising to count there the Lower Seine (Department) block XB and the Channel (Department) Series KF1.
Image may contain: car and outdoor, text that says '3905-XB'

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, John_Mereness said:

This is a great 1960's photo of a 1936 Packard Twelve Dual Cowl - I thin that is a Buick ? wagon in the background

Image may contain: car and outdoor

Looks like a 1965-66 Dodge Monaco wagon to me....

1966 Monaco.jpg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Colin Spong said:

1932 Ford V8 with coachwork by Chaseside Motors, Enfield, England.

Chaseside C.jpg

Chaseside B.jpg

WOW how cool is this, never ever heard or seen this before! Thanks Colin. The only thing I see on the exterior that says 32 Ford is the bumpers, tail and headlamps.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, John_Mereness said:

Image may contain: car

These are all great posts, some stand out even more.  Love this shot, not only a great big D but it looks like a 50s, 60s pic in a collectors yard.  Would be cool to know the context on a few of these but that's what I took away from this one.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

These are all great posts, some stand out even more.  Love this shot, not only a great big D but it looks like a 50s, 60s pic in a collectors yard.  Would be cool to know the context on a few of these but that's what I took away from this one.

The true elusive roadster that is the "I know where there is a missing Model J" car................that everyone knows about. Last I knew it was partially disassembled, and the family still doesn't want to be bothered by anyone asking if it's for sale.........someday we will see it on the lawn at Pebble.....and maybe by then, we will know who built the body........

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1