Period images to relieve some of the stress

2 minutes ago, twin6 said:

And it appears the flying lady is 90 degrees off her normal perch...

Maybe she liked the breeze up her skirt?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
13 hours ago, nzcarnerd said:

Regarding the upper one of these - quote from my info source - "This is a photographer's prop car as we have other pictures of car with different people in it. Looks similar to Ceirano, Corre and Fouillaron,and a Renault. Fuillaroin and Corre were joint directors of a company making quads but also selling Renaults. Multiple rows/louvres, offset crank handle, so is a circa 1900 Corre-Fouillaron 3.5HP Voiturette.

Quite a copycat although. I must confess that the twin rows of louvers in front of the bonnet gave me doubts.

As a photographer's prop it make sense not beeing a Renault, as they were early on quite popular in their native France. The factory in Billancount produced not enought to satisfy the export market.

Edited by Casper Friederich (see edit history)
23 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Father Divine's Duesenberg Bus!  When custom coach-building goes hideously wrong!  Bohmann & Schwartz turned out some attractive custom coach-work but this car was their worst!

The driver's front fender looks a lot like a humped back whale. Not pretty! I have seen this car in person a couple times.  It actually is worse in the flesh. In my opinion,  this is actually a flattering shot of the car.

36 minutes ago, ericmac said:

The driver's front fender looks a lot like a humped back whale. Not pretty! I have seen this car in person a couple times.  It actually is worse in the flesh. In my opinion,  this is actually a flattering shot of the car.

I didn't know there were any flattering views of that unfortunate Duesenberg...  I recall a straight on front view which reveals how the body widens from the cowl like buses in the era did.  The tall overall height, cut-off sausage rear body, heavily rounded window openings and 'humpback whale' side-mount covers all told make this the hands-down worst body any Duesenberg was saddled with.  Wouldn't you know it, many of the gorgeous one-off custom bodies have been lost, but this atrocity survives.

12 minutes ago, 58L-Y8 said:

I didn't know there were any flattering views of that unfortunate Duesenberg...  I recall a straight on front view which reveals how the body widens from the cowl like buses in the era did.  The tall overall height, cut-off sausage rear body, heavily rounded window openings and 'humpback whale' side-mount covers all told make this the hands-down worst body any Duesenberg was saddled with.  Wouldn't you know it, many of the gorgeous one-off custom bodies have been lost, but this atrocity survives.

More info on that car here:   https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/19363/lot/420/

His disciples should have bought him a White truck chassis, sent that to Bohmann & Schwartz!  They could have chromed the radiator shell and put white-walls on it,  That rear view is as ungainly and ghastly as all the rest!

1 hour ago, 58L-Y8 said:

His disciples should have bought him a White truck chassis, sent that to Bohmann & Schwartz!  They could have chromed the radiator shell and put white-walls on it,  That rear view is as ungainly and ghastly as all the rest!

GOD ALMIGHTY would never be caught dead in a truck.........just saying.........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 6/16/2020 at 7:18 PM, alsancle said:

A period photo of this drawing would do the trick.

image.jpeg.e610103d67e98c12931d47da11590f3a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4aced95c6e4ad112f8c5d755c0d57096.jpeg

I think a photograph of this REO new probably needs to be found - it was a significant car for REO and a photo of it should exist as a new car - If someone photographed it post WWII then there are also Pre-WWII photos of it out there.   Of course there are plenty of car that should have photos new and unfortunately do not - but we keep looking. 

• Like 2

From Hervé Pannier‎ on Facebook

Elegance competition on August 1932, 22 in Vichy, M. and Mrs. Rosenwald William presents their Duesenberg Enclosed by Murphy. You will notice that the registration is KF1  and this is for American nationals.  

Foreigners passing through France, they had a special registration so that we can differentiate between French and foreigners. Article:

These are in particular the departments which have reserved complete series to organize separate management of the registrations allocated to the vehicles of foreign tourists from countries not signatory to the conventions on international traffic of 1909 and 1926. Indeed, until the creation of the TT series (Temporary Transit) in 1933, these vehicles were re-registered in the normal series when they arrived in France. As the first of these countries was the United States, whose nationals disembarked by the thousands through the ports of the Channel, it is not surprising to count there the Lower Seine (Department) block XB and the Channel (Department) Series KF1.

Image may contain: 1 person, wedding and outdoor

Image may contain: car

And here is the car more recently:

Duesenberg Model J 1929 Convertible Sedan with bdoywork by Murphy, Model J #225

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)
  • Like 1

From Hervé Pannier‎ on Facebook

Here is a Duesenberg passing through France between the two wars, you will notice the XB registration.  

Foreigners passing through France, they had a special registration so that we can differentiate between French and foreigners. Article:

These are in particular the departments which have reserved complete series to organize separate management of the registrations allocated to the vehicles of foreign tourists from countries not signatory to the conventions on international traffic of 1909 and 1926. Indeed, until the creation of the TT series (Temporary Transit) in 1933, these vehicles were re-registered in the normal series when they arrived in France. As the first of these countries was the United States, whose nationals disembarked by the thousands through the ports of the Channel, it is not surprising to count there the Lower Seine (Department) block XB and the Channel (Department) Series KF1.
Image may contain: car and outdoor, text that says '3905-XB'

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, John_Mereness said:

This is a great 1960's photo of a 1936 Packard Twelve Dual Cowl - I thin that is a Buick ? wagon in the background

Image may contain: car and outdoor

Looks like a 1965-66 Dodge Monaco wagon to me....

1966 Monaco.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, edinmass said:

GOD ALMIGHTY would never be caught dead in a truck.........just saying.........

Not even a good rugged White truck?

• Steve Moskowitz changed the title to Period Images to Relieve some of the Stresshttps://forums.aaca.org/topic/341211-period-images-to-relieve-some-of-the-stress/
  • gwells changed the title to Period images to relieve some of the stress