A sad ending to great cars in California that the wild fires took a toll on

Mark Gregory

Take it from the Dad of a 12 yr. MLB player.....hitting is all that matters.....

As for the cars lost in the wild fires, so sad and tragic. Here is one story of survival that is fortunate.

Ron W’s house in Paradise, Calif., was destroyed by the Camp Fire, but not the Model T he left on a trailer in his driveway. 
“It’s stupid to risk a life for a Model T when there’s so many people trying to evacuate.” Ron W.

BB6B68D0-7D3A-4F04-9AC7-F4BB622F75F3.jpeg

Edited by Jeff Perkins / Mn (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Thanks for that link Jeff, it will help others learn about what the Timbs Special was. I was very sad to learn of the loss of the Half a Hisso drag car, I read about it back in the 1960's in Hot Rod magazine. Guess there is nothing left now sine the car had so much magnesium and aluminum. Bob   https://www.hotrod.com/articles/half-off-special-hisso-roadster/

Edited by 1937hd45 (see edit history)

Sad to see that 1931 Dodge Brothers coupe on the lift so toasted. I hate to see rare cars destroyed (I know....it has a HEMI). Best and safe wishes to all of our friends in Australia who are currently dealer with raging fires.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

I am sure the loss was not limited to vintage vehicles. No doubt a few works of art , rare 1st. editions , musical instruments, antique firearms. When a whole town burns  the loss of vintage objects is very serious. No one cares about the Walmart junk, but lots of old , quality stuff is consumed as well.

Greg in Canada

• Like 2

Two years ago we had wild fires here in the Smoky Mountains.  We could see them from here but never got closer than 8 miles, ,but had two car guy friends with

fire within a couple hundered  feet of their homes.  I know that if it came here my electric would be out an that makes the well useless.  I notice they cut the

electric in Calfornia too.  Maybe a generator is not a bad idea.  it pays to review your insurance too.

On 12/7/2019 at 7:54 AM, Jeff Perkins / Mn said:

“It’s stupid to risk a life for a Model T when there’s so many people trying to evacuate.” Ron W.

10 hours ago, Paul Dobbin said:

Two years ago we had wild fires here in the Smoky Mountains.  We could see them from here but never got closer than 8 miles, ,but had two car guy friends with

fire within a couple hundered  feet of their homes.  I know that if it came here my electric would be out an that makes the well useless.  I notice they cut the

electric in Calfornia too.  Maybe a generator is not a bad idea.  it pays to review your insurance too.

Not to put to much of a damper on this thread but our local fire chief lost both his parents to the Smoky Mountain fires.  At the end of the day everything else is just stuff as much as we enjoy it, it can be replaced but family can't. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1