1920s Dodge Brothers Order Form Scan

DB26

I Recently bought an original blank order form for a Dodge Brothers. I wanted to scan it and upload it here for everyone. Don’t know if anyone has any use for one, but it’s neat to look at. I have an even higher resolution copy in PDF form if someone wants me to email it to them. Enjoy!

Front:

F7C43B7D-6C04-4B35-AE91-12BBB5EF8ABE.thumb.jpeg.a905953f15f759f8ba473638a0be2f2c.jpeg

Back:

E08DFA3A-4A68-480A-807A-69DE6B5AB9D5.thumb.jpeg.21254e38bb6b9e4476f5ef15b34d6012.jpeg

• Like 2

Hello DB26,

I´m a DB ´24 and would appreciate a PDF copy of the DB order form.  Thanks for the offer!  

Roberto

buhobob@yahoo.es

I bought about 200 completed dealer copies at an auction a while ago. All dated 1922 - 1926. Looks like they changed the form sometime in 1925. Yours is the customer receipt pre 1926. Here are both versions of the form.  Notice how yours states duplicate order, while the dealer copy states original order.

DSCN8513.JPG

DSCN8512.JPG

DSCN8514.JPG

• Like 2

We have several unused and used contracts in the DBC collection at AACA library. We also have records from a dealer in Ohio for many years. It would be great to find the original receipt for a car you now owned.  Would you be interested in scanning the contracts and putting them on the DBC website? Also, what unusual items were traded in for a new car? How about unusual requests for the new car, like different color or special striping or lettering?

55 minutes ago, nearchoclatetown said:

We have several unused and used contracts in the DBC collection at AACA library. We also have records from a dealer in Ohio for many years. It would be great to find the original receipt for a car you now owned.  Would you be interested in scanning the contracts and putting them on the DBC website? Also, what unusual items were traded in for a new car? How about unusual requests for the new car, like different color or special striping or lettering?

I agree it would be quite a neat archive. If you’re directing your question on scanning to me, I would love to. I live in California, though. Don’t know if that would be an issue. But am willing. 

I was referring to anyone with original documentation. The DBC has a very extensive collection of literature, much obtained from John Parsons' estate. The receipts from Ohio were donated to the club and comprise a BIG box full that no one has been through yet. Another member and I have been through almost everything else. If you look on the DBC website you will see about 3500 Budd manuf. photographs, and thousands of pages of Confidential Information pages and service bulletins. The confidential information papers are notifications from DB to dealers, most are from 1922 up. I am looking for earlier ones if anyone has some, either originals or scans. These sales contracts would be interesting to go through. A local Ford dealer used to take in cows, chickens, or other farm products in trade for new cars. I would bet there would be some of this in these contracts. When the weather gets worse I will probably start scanning the Ohio stuff. It would be great to find cars that still exist. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, nearchoclatetown said:

I was referring to anyone with original documentation. The DBC has a very extensive collection of literature, much obtained from John Parsons' estate. The receipts from Ohio were donated to the club and comprise a BIG box full that no one has been through yet. Another member and I have been through almost everything else. If you look on the DBC website you will see about 3500 Budd manuf. photographs, and thousands of pages of Confidential Information pages and service bulletins. The confidential information papers are notifications from DB to dealers, most are from 1922 up. I am looking for earlier ones if anyone has some, either originals or scans. These sales contracts would be interesting to go through. A local Ford dealer used to take in cows, chickens, or other farm products in trade for new cars. I would bet there would be some of this in these contracts. When the weather gets worse I will probably start scanning the Ohio stuff. It would be great to find cars that still exist. 

Ah I see. You’re doing good work. I’ve looked through a few of those confidential documents. Great information held there. If I had more documents I would definitely add to the collection. It would be pretty amazing to have a searchable online database one day. 

So far the extent of my collection includes a reprint master parts catalog from 1927, north east 6 volt equipment manual from 1926, Dodge  Brothers “Now Drive the Car” brochure from 1926, Fleet Owners Parts list from 1925, Chrysler Master Parts list for vehicles pre 1934, and a Book of Informetion from 1926. 

• Like 1

Thank you. Searchable is WAY over my skills. I am scanning books loaned to me and don't want to get stuff mixed up. SO I know many times the same page is in each book but that's the way it is. Some of it is not even in chronological order or duplicates. I am not scanning manuals or brochures as that is how the library makes it's money doing research. This stuff would takes years to research for something specific and may not even be there. As you say, there is some crazy information there. Last week I found a date when DB stopped painting doors before shipping through parts. They were changed to being just primed. Think about that! Up until then you ordered a door, for example, and it not only had to fit your year and model but came painted to match. SO how carefully was it shipped?? I have often wondered about metal gaiters on leaf springs. I found part numbers that DB supplied them for dealers to install. 

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, nearchoclatetown said:

Thank you. Searchable is WAY over my skills. I am scanning books loaned to me and don't want to get stuff mixed up. SO I know many times the same page is in each book but that's the way it is. Some of it is not even in chronological order or duplicates. I am not scanning manuals or brochures as that is how the library makes it's money doing research. This stuff would takes years to research for something specific and may not even be there. As you say, there is some crazy information there. Last week I found a date when DB stopped painting doors before shipping through parts. They were changed to being just primed. Think about that! Up until then you ordered a door, for example, and it not only had to fit your year and model but came painted to match. SO how carefully was it shipped?? I have often wondered about metal gaiters on leaf springs. I found part numbers that DB supplied them for dealers to install. 

Duplicate pages are better than missing ones, I say.  

Very interesting fact on the doors. Its something that would be lost to time of it wasn’t for people like you. It’s fascinating what details of day to day life get lost or forgotten over time.