Gorgeous "concourse" 65 with 401 for $110K.

Chimera

7 hours ago, Pat Curran said:

Nice enough car but some liberties were taken.  As a result, the term concours is a stretch.  For the asking price I would at least want the upper front bumper mounted correctly.  Nice color combo!

Thanks for pointing that out.  That is one reason I enjoy this site, I learn something all the time.

Hagerty's highest auction pricing comp for a non-GS 1965 is $64,900 at (you guessed it) Barrett-Jackson.

They have #1/Concours for a non-GS as $41,500. A GS in the same condition is $113,000. Maybe the seller is hoping for someone who doesn't understand the huge difference between values?

Edited by J3Studio (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Well, a true "concourse"? restoration would not only include mounting the front bumper correctly, but routing the battery cables correctly and using original type ones with spring ring connectors. Plus, a correct steering wheel, either the standard or sport, and fixing the glovebox door somehow.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jframe said:

Well, a true "concourse"? restoration would not only include mounting the front bumper correctly, but routing the battery cables correctly and using original type ones with spring ring connectors. Plus, a correct steering wheel, either the standard or sport, and fixing the glovebox door somehow.

It is a beautiful car for sure but how can you spend big bucks on a restoration and fail to use period correct hose clamps?  The frost finish is also missing on the hood spear.  Maybe just a preference by the owner but the sun reflecting off it at times must be blinding.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RivNut said:

Don't know for sure about the 65 but in 63, bolt type battery cables. (They also need to turn the battery around.) Anyone notice the red Energy Suspension bushings on the front sway bar?

`65 used the bolt type cable ends in spite of the fact some popular aftermarket sources list/listed spring ring ends. I have had contact with Lectric Limited regarding same with original examples and believe they are now supplying the correct cables

Tom

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Pat Curran said:

It is a beautiful car for sure but how can you spend big bucks on a restoration and fail to use period correct hose clamps?

I think taking it to a hot rod building shop for the work can get you that.

Bernie

• Like 1