Vintage "Buicks at Service Stations" Photographs

Elpad

On 12/20/2018 at 5:10 PM, Elpad said:

F76D941F-31D5-4BBC-92F3-A455A3A93C28.jpeg

Does the ‘55 have bad springs( or a mother-in-law) on the left?

listing to Port?

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

Does the ‘55 have ad springs( or a mother-in-law) on the left?

listing to Port?

Reminds me I have to do my rear shocks on the 54. Botommed out somewhat I put a heavy newlyweds couple on the back seat. Wondering what abou to happen on Wednesday, April the 18th? Circus 🎪? Beautiful clear sky on any town USA.

Edited by Elpad (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/14/2018 at 4:33 PM, Elpad said:

BD913702-548B-43D2-BE33-5200A1EE6804.jpeg

Found this other picture on the net. Must be the same car.These are probably the service guys: one to pump gas ️ second to check your tires, third to clean your windshield and the last to check the oil... probably all working together at the same time. The snowman has not melt yet!

FBD61426-C9A8-493E-8EEF-DE2BA10B1195.jpeg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

I fondly remember those days!  And washing the windshield in the summer. 

Ben

I remember sweater girls, penny loafers,  and bobby sox much more  fondly than washing windows.   

• Haha 2

On 5/4/2019 at 11:05 AM, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

I fondly remember those days!  And washing the windshield in the summer. 

Ben

You worked at a full service too eh, what brand. I worked at a Texaco. And I swear , a gorgeous blonde 30 something winked at me one day, was afraid to even smile back. I thought about her for days.

and looks like I still am 😆

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

You worked at a full service too eh, what brand. I worked at a Texaco. And I swear , a gorgeous blonde 30 something winked at me one day, was afraid to even smile back. I thought about her for days.

Yep, a large independent one.  They were all full service in the '50s.  I started in 1953.   A 16 year old country boy watching the world go by.

A 14 or 15 yer old from Henryetta , TX.  And, yes I still think of ner from time to time.

Fellow learned a lot, if he watched and listened.  Such as , from the assistant manager, honesty is always best. As well as his version of  "the journey is more joy than the destination" . As that applied to the girls.

Ben

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Mrs Robinson?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, old-tank said:

Mrs Robinson?

and that movie brings back even more memories and connects with  the memory of the blond at the service station. First time seeing the movie The Graduate was at USMC Motor Transport School Camp LeJeune NC where the food was served without  the libido killing saltpeter as had been the case at Parris Island. Gentlemen pitch your tents!!!

• Haha 1

On 5/7/2019 at 6:47 AM, MrEarl said:

Did she catch you takin' in an extra eye full and you got caught and were too embarassed to face her?  Been there done that.

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
On 5/9/2019 at 12:18 PM, 91vert said:

d1eb138636a6cdec647d942f49c9251a.jpg

The LUBE RACK is busy,

On the count of "THREE", evetrybody LIFT 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...