Please introduce yourself...

Guest Knowltey

No pictures at the moment unfortunately. First issues would be getting the supercharger working again, then the front passenger quarter panel and door and a repaint.

Guest Knowltey
Well, it would be great if you started a thread on the "me and my Buick" section of these forums. We like before and after pictures.

I will have to seek out a camera that's better than my cellphone, but will try and get on up there one of these days.

Guest CyberGolem

Hola everyone,

Chaz here and I got into Buicks when I came across a '63 Riv on craigslist. I've always been a GM-cousin-car owner; a '68 Firebird convertible currently in tear down & previously have had three Cutlass Supremes, but this is my first Buick.

Though the rust is holding the Riv together, my wife loves whipping around town surrounded by the growl of the nailhead. She was totally on board with getting it since it would give me something to cruise around in while the Firebird gets done, and it kept me away from her Mini. Once the bird flies the coop the Riv will get some much needed TLC.

—Chaz

Edited by CyberGolem (see edit history)

Guest jfransom

Hi, I am a new Brass Buick owner, a retired pilot, who wants to see things from the ground. I will want to know anything anyone knows about 1914 Model 25 Buick's. I hope to get to meet a few of you along the way.

Guest CyberGolem
Chaz - welcome. Sounds like you are enjoying the Riv, which is what it is all about.

Thanks Thriller, btw that Wildcat you have is an awesome looking car. I hope you get to finishing it one day soon.

—Chaz

Welcome jfransom - you may want to spend some time hanging around the Pre-War Buick forum. Dandy Dave will likely be one who is able to help you out - he has a very outgoing 1915.

Chaz - depending where you looked, you may have only seen "before" pictures. There are always improvements that can be made, but it is more or less completed now. These photos are from 2008.

Guest 72buickskylark

Hi I'm Blake and I got my first Buick a 72 Buick skylark sun coupe from my father and I'm going to start fixing it up next spring and I can't wait to finish the car and drive it

Guest Caribou

Hey! I guess I may as well introduce myself, I came by to ask a question, but I expect I'll be around here a lot over the next while.

My name is Geoff when I'm not here, and I just picked up a 71 Buick lesabre that should be occupying the rest of my time and money for the next while. The car doesn't come close to some of the pictures I've seen here, but I'm proud and looking forward to getting it on the road.

Guest Caribou
Hey Caribou - there are a couple other Albertans here. Which part of the province are you in?

North of Edmonton. Out near Athabasca.

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

Thought maybe I would introduce myself and explain what I'm looking for. I'm 36 and my wife is 34. we have two kids ages 2 and 6. I guess you could say we are unusual in our generation. I haven't been on a forum before and am having a hard time figuring out how to navigate, post questions, and join a thread. I'm not even sure this is going to go through. We just bought a 1957 buick special, and I thought I would join this group to hopefully make some new friends and get some pointers. Not sure if this is the right area for me, but figured it was worth a shot. Lets see if this works! :confused:<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

The pharagraph above I discussed in the general forum. After I got the hang of this AACA groups I realized this belongs here more than there. I discussed this in a little more detail under general--younger generation if you would like to get to know me more.:)

<!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) -->Buicknewbee<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

I have thought about it. I wasn't sure if I should join the Buick club or the AACA? I ran across a buick club magazine and it was feturing newer roadmaster station wagons, they are ok but not exactly what I want to join up to.

I would appreciate some info on lubricating oils. I think I'll start another post for that though.

Buicknewbee

I have thought about it. I wasn't sure if I should join the Buick club or the AACA? I ran across a buick club magazine and it was feturing newer roadmaster station wagons, they are ok but not exactly what I want to join up to.

I would appreciate some info on lubricating oils. I think I'll start another post for that though.

Buicknewbee

Well that's not really what the Buick Bugle normally features. Most of the time it's older Buicks (such as yours). Everything from '10s up until the mid-90s But most of the time it's older stuff.

I would highly suggest joining. If not for just the magazine, you'll also enjoy the local chapter meetings (if you have a chapter that meets nearby you) and the National and Regional meets. Great fun!

Weclome buicknewbee! Glad to have you aboard! Definitely follow the advice of the guys and join the BCA. I did about a year ago, and should have about 18 years ago. I also have a 1957 Buick Special 2 dr Sedan, so if you have any questions, I will try to help you out. Just send them my way or post it on the forum. The guys here are great and are definitely a help in getting things done from a learning experience point of view.

As for lubrication oils, there is a post in the Buick Post War forum addressing just that topic. It is under something like "Removal of Nailhead Oil Pan and Photos" or something similar. I am not as tech saavy as some of the guys, I don't know how to connect to the posting. But start there. Looking forward to hearing from you in the future.

I have thought about it. I wasn't sure if I should join the Buick club or the AACA? I ran across a buick club magazine and it was feturing newer roadmaster station wagons, they are ok but not exactly what I want to join up to...Buicknewbee

Welcome to this Forum and to the world of Buicks. I was thinking about how that issue of the Bugle resonated with you and just wanted to add a thought or two.

One of the best things about the Buick Club of America is the basis of this club is Buicks. All Buicks. In any way, shape, or form. Old, new, modified or original. People in this club may not want any particular year Buick, shown in any particular issue, and that is okay and expected. But most everyone appreciates the fact that each owner has developed an affection for their Buick and respect for all things Buick which encompases a lot of stuff considering over 100 years of production with many models.

When you go to a Buick meet you hardly ever find BCA people just sitting at their car. Most times they are off inspecting the workmanship in all the various models present. Hardly ever do you find people bragging about what they accomplished with their own car. Instead you find many people genuinely interested in what you did and how you accomplished this or that. It seems everyone loves to hear the nuances of your car, be it the special attributes or even your story of how you found it. Then ask them about their own car and most times it's described as "Just a driver".

You'll also find people who want to make your acquaintance and remain your friend. And that friendship brings a certain peace of mind when using your car. There have been stories of people enroute to National shows and experiencing trouble who found help and assistance beyond belief by looking for nearby members in the National Roster. You'll find stories of how people will help you with rare parts, just paying the favor forward.

Of course, this, and any club, is what you make of it. But I think it is safe to say, and I fully believe, most people in the Buick Club of America are just the best! And I know I can say all the folks on this forum are really great!

Please feel free to come back often and chime in where you want.

Guest 340cuda

Hello everyone. My name is Craig Scholl. I am a 20+ year Chrysler technician who currently runs my own shop specializing in only late model Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, and Ram vehicles. If you guys need help on your late model Mopars, just ask.

Current project is my 1970 'Cuda.

I have always had an old truck, my last was a '47 Dodge with a late model EFI Hemi (yes I can do this conversion for you), and am currently looking for a 1936-37 Dodge truck. Anyone know one for sale?

Thanks,

Craig Scholl

Home Page

Guest 340cuda

Was I supposed to throw in something Buick? Well, I did the front suspension upgrade for Richard Lassiter's GS about five years ago for a magazine article....sorry that is all the Buick I have, just thought I would introduce myself. I'm sure you guys know him and his engine shop in Adel (Wildcat Engines)...very nice. Mike does ALL my machine and doesn't hold it against me even though they are Mopars.

Craig

Guest rffranks

Hi - my name is Ron and I live in Reston Virginia. I recently purchased a 1970 Skylark Custom convertible - all original with 63K miles. I owned a 1970 Skylark coupe while in college (late 70's early 80's) and never got over it. Loved that car and have always admired Buicks over the years. FInally got to the point where I could indulge and was very happy to find this forum.

I'm very excited and looking forward to the experience!:)

Hi, my name is Leon. Have been in the old car hobby for 45 years with a fondness for Buicks. I currently have two, a 1925 McLaughlin Buick model 25-45 and a 1987 Buick Regal T-type. Have previously owned a 1925 model 25-25, a 1955 Roadmaster 4dr and a 1964 electra 225 2dr ht.

Guest 89 Maui

BUICK'S !!!!!!!! In 1950 at the age of three, my father, a Buick mechanic would take me with him on Saturdays so my mother could do her weekly shopping. I grew up in the Buick garage and since then Buick has been the soft part of my soul. My first car was a 1950 Special 2 door turtleback with the smoothest running engine, I have not seen or heard another engine of that period that could compare. After I spent 4 years in the USAF, I got married and after 41 years with my betterhalf I came to the time in my life to have a car I could enjoy, to care for, to tinker with, to drive and to fix it when it needs it, so I found a 1 owner garaged kept and owned by a women, an '89 Buick Reatta blue/blue. In a forum I read someone looking for a Maui Blue so I ordered my vanity plates as 89 MAUI not knowing that the 89 was a sapphire blue, but it should be a real discussion starter. This car is a beautiful survivor and my intent is to keep it in this condition.

Well, my wife and I decided to drive it to Atlantic City then go to the NASCAR Dover Monster Mile this past weekend. I was in 7th heaven driving it and enjoying the looks of people admiring this beautiful car.

Buick, the understated car manufacturer over the years.

I am enjoying reading the AACA Reatta forum and all the helpful tips and watch-out-for information. All the people in this forum are exceptionally helpful, the kind of people you want to call your friends.

Thank you and I hope that I might be able to contribute helpful tips and information to help all of you in return.

Howard Jones

Elkridge, Md

89 Maui

Welcome Craig ( 340 Cuda), Ron (rffranks), Leon ( garnetkid), and Howard (89 Maui). Glad you all stopped by and posted. What a great group of cars you are writing about ( even the Cuda and Chryslers). It's always nice to meet new people who share the love of the ride in an older vehicle.

Guest classic68

Hello Buick People, I,m classic68 I,m a newbe here but I,m an oldie Buick fan, I should post and share more often, I just retired so I,ll be on this site learning and sharing now that I,m not working 70 and 80 hours a week. My job almost killed me!!!!!!!! Just wanted to say a big HI. Kenny (classic68)

Welcome! I joined right after I retired also just over a year ago:D

Hello Buick People, I,m classic68 I,m a newbe here but I,m an oldie Buick fan, I should post and share more often, I just retired so I,ll be on this site learning and sharing now that I,m not working 70 and 80 hours a week. My job almost killed me!!!!!!!! Just wanted to say a big HI. Kenny (classic68)

Guest CyberGolem
Welcome jfransom - you may want to spend some time hanging around the Pre-War Buick forum. Dandy Dave will likely be one who is able to help you out - he has a very outgoing 1915.

Chaz - depending where you looked, you may have only seen "before" pictures. There are always improvements that can be made, but it is more or less completed now. These photos are from 2008.

---------------

Wow, that's awesome. I was definitely looking at 'befores'. I hope to get the Riv up to presentable condition one day so I can post some pics of it. Currently I have a good deal of the interior torn out, which is kind of ironic considering the part [Heater Core] is on the firewall. That dominoes effect seems to always be present, right?

Anyway, these rides everyone have posted are awesome. I'm so glad to see so many of them being cared for.

—Chaz

I just read through this ,and found out that i should register also. I have been around forever, (BCA number 1308) and am really glad to see so many new members in the organization. My name is Joe and I live just west of Flint ( home town of Buick.) . My first Buick was a 1931 thatt I bought in 1947. Since then I have had a LOT of Buicks, and still have a few. ( check my signature ) This club has many members that are either capable of answering your questions , or point you in a direction to get the answer.

Welcome to AL:L you new mwmbers.

Guest cardolly

Please excuse my weird user name, I was thinking of a tow dolly and dolly is a nickname for

Dolores. Newbie to this forum, but I am active on the MTFCA forum. We (my husband and I)have just bought a 26 Buick 4 dr Standard. My dad was a certified mechanic, now semi-retired, he does the mechanical on our cars. I won't list some of the roughest.

1926 T Coupe ( little bit of a basket case)

1926 Buick Standard (plenty of work, but a good start)

1927 Fordor (a good driver, only trim work left)

1939 Chevy Pickup ( likes to be shown)

1945 Willys Jeep (Air Force, ready for paint, runs good)

1948 F3 Ford Truck (Our wrecker)

1955 Ford Ranch Wagon (fresh paint, getting new interior, only car not stock)

1963 Thunderbird ( getting new paint, 390 engine tears up the road)

1967 Camaro (my baby since 1975, 327 engine, 4 bbl Holley, a beautiful survivor)

Edited by cardolly
grammer errors (see edit history)