buick5563

Please introduce yourself...

Hey Bob,

Don't let Lamar take a look at the new one because he will find a way to go for a very long test drive, but then, you already know that.

Hello I am DRAGNRIK... Oh wait, that's not my real name.

I like slow walks on the beach, old chick movies, sharing my inner thoughts and fishing for old Greeks (what was that all about?) or did he say old Geeks?

I have a special fondness for Apollos, Opals and early 80's one of a kind Buick Compacts.

My sign is Pisces. except during leap year when I am Studebaker.

My favorite foods are Lefsa, Kringla, anything with cheese on it and Budweiser or Millwaukee's Best Light.

So welcome all and keep those cards and letters coming.

Edited by RICK YOUNG (see edit history)

Oh man...we gotta get this Rick guy up north so he can experience some real beer....

Greek fisherman...love it.

Cheese? How about gibanica or burek? Look it up!~

Do you think Mike's thread has been hi-jacked and messed with? GOOD!

Seriously, all of you new Buick People, join in.

Do you think Mike's thread has been hi-jacked and messed with? GOOD!

Seriously, all of you new Buick People, join in.

It happens.

Ain't nothin' to it, but to do it!

I forgot who I was aiming for now (see above re: Adult Beverages). There's a bunch of pseudo-newbies posting on the Post War tech, maybe they don't bother looking at the 115.

Edited by buick5563 (see edit history)

Hello, I`m dwight ( robi`s parts )....just new here....not a strong Buick man, but a real old -car-nut.......I just like any and respect all old cars and trucks. I`ve owned over a hundred different cars and trucks in my lifetime....mostly fords. I found this 47 Buick , that I have for sale, on Ebay about three yrs. ago. I`ve lost my storage , and the car is outside in this Ohio weather....it has to go before winter. I can`t stand to see it go down hill. So, all you Buick Guys......letS DEAL. Save this ol girl before she is too far done.

I'm Mike. I got a '48 Roadmaster Sedanette back in May of this year; I wasn't looking for one, it just spoke to me when I saw it. Prior to the '48, I had a '63 Skylark hardtop which someone bought from me at a stoplight, and, before that, a '54 Chrysler New Yorker sedan which got ruined in a flood.

Welcome aboard Brandon and Mike.

Mike - I'm not surprised it spoke to you...those are fantastic looking cars.

A Roadmaster Sedanette! That roofline must make that car look very lloooooooonngggg.

Welcome, Y'all!

NTX5467

Seems like this post has taken a funny slant for the regulars here but I think that it is still a good topic for the newbies.Since I consider myself one of the new bloods,I'l post here too.

My name is Hector Flores and I'm a member of the BCA(42718),the Carolina Chapter and the Modified Division.I own a '69 Electra,'79 Electra Limited and a '95 Roadmaster.I hope to get a '70 Wildcat in the future and see what I can do with my cars on the 1/4 mile just to say that I did it and get what I can of the Bucik powerplants.I don't show my cars but I drive them any chance that I get.

Please,don't waste your time telling me what I should do with my cars as far as restoring them or keeping them as they are,I will do with them as I please.If you don't like my aproach to the cars you will be welcome to make an offer for them and buy them,then you can do what you want with them(except the '79).Go Buick!!!

Hector,

You, Malo, Cubelodyte, and 57 Jim were four of the dudes I was thinking about when I started this thread. I like that y'all just jumped in headfirst. I know that there are others.

I also realize that some of the drama here can be a bit much at times, and I wish I could stay out of it. The cool thing about the Buick side of things as opposed to the AACA portion of this website, is that most of the folks who post here are generally cool with the "your car- do whatcha wanna do".

Anyway, a formal welcome, Sir.

Malo, you too.

Hello, I have a 1972 BUICK Skylark dressed up like a Stage 1 GS. I dont pass it of as an original but I just developed over the years, I just bought (2 days ago) a 1954 Super 4door, the motor was half way disassembled and as of today I have most of the front clip off. I plan to pull the motor next and start a clean up. I dont want to call it a restoration be cause I in now way could do what the workers at the factory could do! So I will clean it up and put it back together. I will see if I can find some pictures and add them soon! Oh, my name is Jerry and I am in Roseville Minnesota, electrician by trade and married with a 19 year old daughter.

Chairs??? Gotta be a recycled refrigerator (with requisite decals on it?) and maybe a microwave oven??

Enjoy!

NTX5467

Welcome to all of you lookers and lurkers that have made yourselves known.

Thanks and another welcome to all of you!

Hector,

We all do with our cars "what we want to". It (they) are your cars, your money, enjoy them the way you want. Welcome aboard.

Thanks for the approvals, no TV, no Microwave but there is an old fridge!

Too neat and clean for my taste :D

Welcome aboard.

Rich

I just found this thread and am definitely new...My name is Jeff Smith and I am a caraholic but am fairly new to the world of classic Buicks. I tripped across a 26 about a month ago and couldn't pass up on the deal. Now, I just need to learn lots about it and figured this might be a good place to start.

Welcome, Jeff! Be sure and check out the Pre-War section of this forum.

NTX5467

Yes, it is a place to start! Welcome.