buick5563

Please introduce yourself...

Welcome to the world of Buick Paul. The tour I was on this past weekend was led by a '34 Ford Cabriolet and we visited a significant collection of early original Ford V8 cars.

Hi, my name is Dick and I have a 1965 Buick wildcat with 50130 miles on it. It is all original and has the same top, but it getting to where it has to be replaced. Also the top will go done but not come back up without help. So I found this site and will accept any help. To start "how do I get the back seat out". I'll get a photo of my Buick and post it on this site later. I live in the northeast and this car has never seen snow. Always garaged in the winter.

Hi all, I have a 1968 Buick Lesabre Custom Conv. that is modified. I put a top on this car and replaced back cylinders, I might be able to give you some pointers.Give Me a shout. Classic68 HAPPY MOTORING

Welcome gentlemen.

Dick, if you start a thread talking about your problem, I'm sure there will be folks who can help diagnose. I haven't played with a power top much (yet) - the first thing I would do is be sure the reservoir is full (many use ATF over brake fluid as it is easier on paint) and that you don't have air in the system. Good luck.

Greetings Everyone,

I'm Damien aka ProgressCity, from Southern California. My wife and I just purchased our first antique automobile; a 1929 Buick 51-129 and are VERY excited to have finally taken the plunge.

My wife and I are very into antiques and the mid 1920s to late 1930s. The car was the next logical step. While it's our first, it assuredly won't be our last :).

I'm really looking forward to eventually participating, but for now, there's so much to learn, I've got plenty to read and catch up on :).

Thanks for having us!

Greetings Everyone,

I'm Damien aka ProgressCity, from Southern California. My wife and I just purchased our first antique automobile; a 1929 Buick 51-129 and are VERY excited to have finally taken the plunge.

My wife and I are very into antiques and the mid 1920s to late 1930s. The car was the next logical step. While it's our first, it assuredly won't be our last :).

I'm really looking forward to eventually participating, but for now, there's so much to learn, I've got plenty to read and catch up on :).

Thanks for having us!

Damien and wife,

Welcome to the Buick forums. With a 1929 Buick be sure to check out the Buick Pre War Forum just a bit further down the page. Lots of interesting and informative discussion about early Buicks including 1929 models like your own.

When you visit the Pre War forum you will notice we like to see photos - so don't hesitate to post some photos of your new acquisition.

Welcome Damien,

I have the same car, but a Canadian McLaughlin-Buick. My car is patiently awaiting me to get at it. I have the car here at the house, and have puttered a little bit with cleaning it up, but haven't yet gotten started on any significant restoration work.

You may also want to consider checking out the Silver Anniversary Buick Club at http://www.29buick.ca/ as well as http://1929buick.com/

I'd love to hear more about your car.

My name is Bill, I live in Maple, WI. A few years ago I got a 1962 Buick special, it has a solid body, however it was incomplete when I got it. I am currently correcting 40 plus years of previous owner(s) changes. I joined this forum because I need expert advice and I have received that it the past. I have not posted much but I enjoy seeing all the projects come to life as well as the the quick wit of many of aaca BC members. On a side note I am looking for a headliner and molded carpet for the above mentioned car, which the Wife stole from me. Any help with that would be greatly appreciated. Keep 'em rollin'

Bill

000_0258.jpg

Edited by 62specialcoupe (see edit history)

Cool...same as my convertible. You're only about 400 miles from here. If you feel like taking it for some road miles, I'm putting together a tour in this area for the Labour Day weekend. Your car would put mine to shame, but I'm not sure when the last time the locals around here would have seen a pair of '62 Specials together.

In decent tune, you should get at least 20 mpg with that car.

I've had issues with mine, but they do look great, turn a lot of heads, are reasonably economical, and are smallish, which makes them more maneuverable in the city, not to mention better on fuel than most other old cars.

Sounds like a great time. I am having some oil pressure problems right now, thinking oil pump. I have done some investigation into the issue. I have had mixed advice so far, stock pump or high volume. I am also putting some new wheels and tires on next week. The wife and I are extremely interested, please keep us posted.

Hello all! I'm just getting back into old cars again after a several year hyatus. I aquired my father's '40 Buick Limited, Model 81, last year when he decided to part with it after 30 years of ownership. Seeing as the car had been in the family just about as long as I had been, I couldn't bear to see it go to a new home. Long story short, it's new home is in my garage.

My earliest memories with my Dad were at the many shows and swap meets we attended together and the time we spent working on the various old Buicks that came and went. As can be expected, I have a very strong attachment to Buicks.

For now, the Buick is getting some fresh attention and I'm doing my best to get it out and about.

Within the past month, I also aquired a '41 Cadillac Model 6723 (same chasis as the Buick Limited, 90 Series) project car.

Having a great time getting back into the scene and looking forward to making some new friends.

Welcome to the forum and back to the world of Buicks. The Limited's are some of my favorite prewar Buicks. I hope you will make this a regular pit stop. Please post up some more info and pictures of you and the car over in the Me and My Buick forum.

Now that you're here, I really think you should look into getting yourself a '54 Buick.;)

Sounds like a great time. I am having some oil pressure problems right now, thinking oil pump. I have done some investigation into the issue. I have had mixed advice so far, stock pump or high volume. I am also putting some new wheels and tires on next week. The wife and I are extremely interested, please keep us posted.

I love the way your car looks. One of the most attractive 62's I've seen is in Buffalo NY, where the owner took a hardtop and put a set of 14" Buick rallye's on. Up till then I was never that enamoured with the car's styling, but the chrome wheels really made it stand out. I gotta see if I have a picture of that car.

Meanwhile, if you happen to get the "Auto restorations" magazine, this months has an opinion by the resident mechanic regarding the oil pump. essentially it says to stick with stock. High pressure and high volume can tax other operating engine parts, like the gears on the distributor and cam.

Hello ... aquired my father's '40 Buick Limited, Model 81, last year when he decided to part with it after 30 years of ownership. Seeing as the car had been in the family just about as long as I had been, I couldn't bear to see it go to a new home. ..earliest memories with my Dad were at the many shows and swap meets we attended together and the time we spent working on the various old Buicks that came and went...

For now, the Buick is getting some fresh attention and I'm doing my best to get it out and about.

Having a great time getting back into the scene and looking forward to making some new friends.

Hi Andrew. Welcome to this forum. What memories of your father you must have. Good luck with the 40 Limited. Quite the car. What other Buicks came and went that you remember?

Hi Andrew. Welcome to this forum. What memories of your father you must have. Good luck with the 40 Limited. Quite the car. What other Buicks came and went that you remember?

There was a '40 Special, '54 Special 4 dr sedan, '55 Century 4 dr hrdtp (basically my first car), '70 Electra 225 conv't, and a '73 Buick Centurion conv't. But the '40 Limited was always there.

Nice. I learned to drive on Dad's 55 special 4 dr sedan w/ a 3 speed. I can still hear the whine of the tranny in first...

I have owned my Buick since 1975. When I bought it only had 43,000 miles on the clock (documented through the service receipts that came with it ) and it currently reads just over 50,000. It has the original interior, padded dash, carpets and headliner all in very good condition. With the exception of the bumper ends which were replaced with non-rechromed ones from a salvage vehicle in Colorado, all of the chrome and stainless is original as well. I had some minor rust repaired using NOS rockers and one rear quarter panel and the car repainted in 1979. It runs perfect. Other major work was a complete re-build of the Dynaflow and most recently the power brake booster was replaced. I drive it everywhere as often as I can although right now I'm trying to resolve a chronic over-heating problem. I'm hoping it just need a good flushing and radiator reconditioning. This forum is a great source of information. In 1979, wrote to "Old Cars" to request they use their formula to estimate how many of these cars might be left from the original production. At that time they responded there were likely around 100 2 dr Supers left. I recall their formula took into conderation things like normal wear and tear, crashes, etc. All the normal things that take their toll.

Nice to see your car Supriv56R. Hope to see it in Danvers at the BCA National Meet in a few short weeks

Thank you John. I was a member of the BCA for many years and have attended some of their meets over the years. If I can get my overheating problem resolved, (Freeing up that dang header pipe valve helped!) I'll take a ride up there. Right now I only get about 30 minutes of drive time before the sauna-effect starts! No worries though, I actually enjoy the car more when I have some issue to work on and resolve.

--Chris

My first car was a 1941 Buick M51 that my grandfather gave me on my 17th birthday back in 1960. Before that, I used to drive my great aunt's 1954 Buick M41D around the neighborhood when I was 12 or 13. When she got too old to drive I bought the car from her in 1975 and I've had it ever since. I just bought a nice 1956 M63D last week. I have owned many Buicks in the past: 1938, 1947, 1950, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1961, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1969, 1972, & 1973.

I'm just a Buick nut.

I'm new to the nostalgic world of classic Buicks. My grandfather gave his 56 Century that's been sitting in the car port since 1979 to get running so here I am.