Buick straight 8 and trans for sale

kdancy

This is located in Jacksonville Fla. The owner passed away and parts will go to the scrap yard if not sold. The owner had a couple of pre-war buicks and bought this just in case he ever needed another motor. This engine was bought as a running motor, I was told. It has been stored inside on an engine roller.

Ralph Lake is the contact person. (904) 434-7378

DSCN5347.JPG

DSCN5348.JPG

DSCN5349.JPG

DSCN5350.JPG

DSCN5351.JPG

DSCN5352.JPG

This is a pre '48 248 engine.  Not valuable, money wise, yet worth way more than scrap price. If the exhaust manifold is not cracked, someone needs/wants it.

The serial number should be just in front of the distributor. 

Someone needs the transmission, even though it is the small one.

Worth saving for some of you folks in that part of the world.

Ben

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kgreen said:

I'd grab that.  I don't need it but would hate to see it scrapped.

6 hours down, couple to BS and load and 6 back would make for a long but good day trip. These things with the tranny attached are heavy and cumbersome to lift and move. I guess I could park it next to the spare that came with the '38. If no one else is interested I may call and see what he wants for it. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MrEarl said:

6 hours down, couple to BS and load and 6 back would make for a long but good day trip. These things with the tranny attached are heavy and cumbersome to lift and move. I guess I could park it next to the spare that came with the '38. If no one else is interested I may call and see what he wants for it. 

I'm ready

• Like 1

Had a very pleasant conversation with Mr. Lake, the gentleman who purchased this engine, a '39 Special shell on chassis and a big lot of what he thinks are mostly '39 parts. He purchased it from the estate of a guy who owned 2-3 '39's. He is pursuing the purchase of another '39 that was running when parked several years ago from the same estate. Mr Lake, who is in his late 70's owns several Hudsons and has no real interest in the Buick parts and wishes to see them and the cars go to good homes. He is not at all familiar with going prices but appears to be willing to negotiate. He would like to sell it all as a big lot. I personally am not interested in the engine nor the parts but hopefully someone here can take advantage of this offering. He said he would be getting the engine serial # on Wednesday and I told him I would post it here for him. 

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Good morning Michael Hegemann, if you are still looking for a buick STR8 then I have a freshly pulled COMPLETE engine, trans, clutch, manifold(s), carb, and a lot of other engine goodies. 

Pictures were taken right after removal and does not show the shifter installed or the air filter or the rocker cover. 

If anyone is interested I'm out in Washington state...

20220511_131005.jpg

20220511_130956.jpg

Edited by Allamerican37
Missed a part in description (see edit history)

On 5/13/2022 at 12:06 AM, Allamerican37 said:

Good morning Michael Hegemann, if you are still looking for a buick STR8 then I have a freshly pulled COMPLETE engine, trans, clutch, manifold(s), carb, and a lot of other engine goodies. 

Pictures were taken right after removal and does not show the shifter installed or the air filter or the rocker cover. 

If anyone is interested I'm out in Washington state...

Serial number? Which will identify year  My guess is 1937 or earlier.

Price?

Some/many people on this forum will be reluctant to buy from a newbie.

Hi,

I am  seeking a Buick STR8 engine for a project.

I'm actualy after two so if anyone has any other leads.

Can you please let me know how we could go about getting a deal sorted out on your engine?

Kind regards

Shnedd

• Like 1

More info.. Do you know which year and size of engine you want, complete with transmission(standard or auto), starter, generator, totally complete? Various sizes of Buick straight eights were made from 1931-1953. Also where are you located? It would be best for you to start your own thread(posting).

Edited by pont35cpe (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Hillbilly9779 said:

I have a 38 buick special.  Motor Trans driveshaft rear end and front steering components I'd like to sell it all.  Chillicothe ohio

Better to start a new thread.

Price?

Was it running before removed from the car?

Photos?

• Thanks 1