Trico Vacuum Wiper Motor Parts

Can anyone recommend a supplier for Trico vacuum wiper motor parts? Not just the rebuild gasket kit. I actually need a hard part. I have a broken yoke on one of my motors. It is made of some type of phenolic or Bakelite material. If anyone has a good used one that would certainly be fine as well. The Trico motor number is KSB 385 but I'm sure this part is the same for many years/models. Appreciate any and all input.

Greg

20171128_233348.jpg

Mr. Ficken seems to now have limited rebuild expertise, too....when asked  at Hershey if he could help on a 1934 Pierce wiper motor, his reply was "yeah, buy Rain-X"....

I've had excellent service from Clean-Sweep:

Kent Jaquith

2633 SW Obsidian Unit 15

Redmond Or 97756

541-9234319

Edited by trimacar (see edit history)
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, GregLaR said:

Thanks all for the input. I have taken Curti up on his generous offer.

I put an envelope in the mail this morning with a few of those kickers. You should receive them in a couple of days.  

YES to Kent Jaquith.  Ficken, not so much.

• Like 2

Hmmm, good to know, I was quite happy with Mr. Ficken circa 15 years ago when I bought an NOS vacuum wiper motor and arms for my 1957 Pontiac from him at Hershey.  Have been referring people ever since, I am disappointed to hear he may be less helpful now, Todd C   

The son (Ficken) runs the business now, the Dad - David Ficken Sr. , had more interest in it, and was reliable for rebuilds until he passed away. The son(s) got the business and seem to have mediocre interest in it judging by their comments.

• Like 1

I've had excellent service from Clean-Sweep:  He did my wiper motor twenty five years and 200,000+ miles ago and it still work fine.  All seasons all weathers.

Kent Jaquith

2633 SW Obsidian Unit 15

Redmond Or 97756

541-9234319

17 hours ago, trimacar said:

Mr. Ficken seems to now have limited rebuild expertise, too....when asked  at Hershey if he could help on a 1934 Pierce wiper motor, his reply was "yeah, buy Rain-X"....

I've had excellent service from Clean-Sweep:

Kent Jaquith

2633 SW Obsidian Unit 15

Redmond Or 97756

541-9234319

David, I searched Clean-Sweep on line but could not find a web site. Is telephone the only way to contact Kent?

Edited by GregLaR (see edit history)

Yes, he doesn't have a web site....it's an old fashioned arrangement, call him to talk to him about rebuild or parts....I'm not even sure he has an email, I seem to remember doing business with him over the phone.....if I find an email will PM it to you...

Half my career in business was doing things by phone or regular mail, looking back it's interesting how much we got done, although I will say electronics sure makes communication easier!

Spoke with Kent this afternoon. Super nice guy. We found we had a few things in common, shared a few laughs and ended up blabbing for 45 minutes. He has a winter place here in the desert just minutes from my place. We will get together when he comes to town. Thanks for the tip!

Greg

15 minutes ago, GregLaR said:

Spoke with Kent this afternoon. Super nice guy. We found we had a few things in common, shared a few laughs and ended up blabbing for 45 minutes. He has a winter place here in the desert just minutes from my place. We will get together when he comes to town. Thanks for the tip!

Greg

Does he continue his wiper motor repair/rebuild business while in Southern California? (Winter is not a bad time to motor on out from the coast to the desert. . .)

Yes, as a matter of fact he does. He said this time of year is his busiest as most of the shows are over, so he gets a lot of motors sent his way. Once he catches up, he comes down here to SoCal to warm up and continues to rebuild motors from the desert. I think it's a real labor of love for him.

If you can tear yourself away from San Clemente, you should pop out here when Kent comes to town. We can meet up for happy hour at my place. :lol:

Edited by GregLaR (see edit history)

Back in 2012 at Hershey had brought with me from Australia 2 x '34 Packard wiper motors needing to be rebuilt. Ficken looked at them and declared they were not rebuildable. Scoured many vendors and found 3 further '34 Packard wiper motors which  Ficken also declared unrebuildable. Didn't seem at all interested.

• 2 years later...
On 11/29/2017 at 2:54 AM, GregLaR said:

Can anyone recommend a supplier for Trico vacuum wiper motor parts? Not just the rebuild gasket kit. I actually need a hard part. I have a broken yoke on one of my motors. It is made of some type of phenolic or Bakelite material. If anyone has a good used one that would certainly be fine as well. The Trico motor number is KSB 385 but I'm sure this part is the same for many years/models. Appreciate any and all input.

Greg

20171128_233348.jpg

You have to buy a donor one off ebay and use it for parts there a dime a dozen

I recently had a interesting experience with Mr. Ficken. I called him about my wiper motor for my Packard Twelve. He told me to throw it away , because that it would have a distorted pot metal casting and either it would bind or leak vacuum. I mentioned that I would look for another either NOS or one that I would test before I bought , he said that even if it was new it could be distorted. I did find one that was in a box marked rebuilt, I called Mr Ficken and asked him to rebuild it, of course I got to hear about my odds of success.  I sent it to him and a week latter he called and explained that not only was the motor was not warped it did not need any parts as everything looked new .  Total charge on my credit card $15.00 shipping

On 7/3/2020 at 11:27 AM, Mark Wetherbee said:

Let me know if that one Curti sent isn’t right, I have a ziplock bag of bits in the garage from when I sold a small cabinet and the guy didn’t want the contents! Price will be the same as he said.

Curti's post was 2017 (~3 years ago)

A lot of rain since then

• 9 months later...
6 hours ago, 1927 Tim said:

But I'm glad you were caught as I need a couple of yokes if you still have some. Tim

Ahh, got it now...

if you have a picture of the one you need please post it here with something to scale it to, and I will dig out the bits I have and see if I have any.

Here’s a picture of the type of small parts that I have, the yoke I found is 0.73 wide and 0.55 inside but if yours is broken this might be the right one. I don’t have as many of the phenolic parts as the metal ones which definitely speaks to the fragility of them...

If you PM your address I’ll send you one and hopefully it is the same...

C32D3B79-9196-4BBB-B7AB-F4D3F2B2CF6D.jpeg

• Like 1

On 4/26/2021 at 3:23 PM, Mark Wetherbee said:

Here’s a picture of the type of small parts that I have, the yoke I found is 0.73 wide and 0.55 inside but if yours is broken this might be the right one. I don’t have as many of the phenolic parts as the metal ones which definitely speaks to the fragility of them...

If you PM your address I’ll send you one and hopefully it is the same...

C32D3B79-9196-4BBB-B7AB-F4D3F2B2CF6D.jpeg

From what I can see, the parts in the picture is a mixture of parts for the first generation early thirties wipers and the later type

• Like 1