AACA Show

Xander Wildeisen

1 hour ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

Just wondering what class this car would be in at a AACA Show? 

Sir, you would need to remove all of those modifications to make it appear as a non-modified antique vehicle to be allowed on our show fields. We allow only stock vehicles on our show fields. They do not have to be perfectly restored vehicles, but they must be stock.

Wayne

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, R W Burgess said:

Sir, you would need to remove all of those modifications to make it appear as a non-modified antique vehicle to be allowed on our show fields. We allow only stock vehicles on our show fields. They do not have to be perfectly restored vehicles, but they must be stock.

Wayne

I thought it was stock.:huh: Just throwing out some humor.

Occasionally, I'll see a custom car that looks 

beautiful-- with a totally modified body that

looks like something a designer could actually

have penned.  Those are rare, however.

Maybe that 6-wheel drive Cadillac would be

useful over rough and rugged desert.

But when you need a ladder to climb into your Cadillac,

that doesn't make it an especially good ride!

junk--Cadillac on high wheels.jpg

• Like 1

I'm constantly amazed/impressed by the creativity of mechanically-minded folks; however, that creativity is sometimes misguided:P.  When I lived in Miami, I longed for such a vehicle for use during the never-ending rush hour!  Since it's a vintage Cadillac, it might even be allowed on South Beach:D.  Maybe not:o.

Cheers,

Grog

• Like 1

Apart from the cow catcher it is cool . A bit disturbingly cool but cool none the less. It does not look like the Caddy was show worthy before its transformation anyway, so the crushers loss is car cultures gain.

Greg in Canada

• Like 4

14 hours ago, zipdang said:

Hate to open the whitewall vs. blackwall tire debate again, but I think a tasteful narrow whitewall would make all the difference.

Yeah, whites for sure, but maybe wide?  I think that along with the whitewalls, some artfully arranged teeth or fangs in the grille would really make this baby pop!  I'm afraid that terming the front shunt structure a "cow catcher" coupled with the barbed wire in the grille would raise the ire of such organizations as PETA.  So maybe the "cow catcher" could become a bovine safety shunt device (BSSD) while carefully arranged fangs in the grille would somewhat soften the merciless message of the livestock imprisonment system components (barbed wire) in the grille.

Just sayin',

Grog

Edited by capngrog
It should have been "PETA", not "PITA" (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this baby sold for $8100.00 on January 30, 2017.  I can't decide if it was a bargain or not.  It's certainly not something that can park in the average garage, but it sure could come in handy in a traffic jam.

Cheers,

Grog

I like the creativity.  Something we would have tried in HS if we had the stuff lying around.  Cousin had a 70's Thunderbird on a 4wd chassis with the huge Cadillac big block.  I can't remember the cubic inches of those but they were around 500 ci.  Terrorized the dirt roads runnin over stuff.  Oh, the fun before the eyes of the world were able to watch every move.  

I'd take that thing over most of the stuff I've seen at the Street Rod Nationals.  

• Like 1