Something we all enjoy doing.

Joe in Canada

47 minutes ago, Roger Walling said:

Take time to smell the roses.

I think those were sunflowers ( aarrgghh, there's always one nitpicker).:rolleyes:  Be that as it may, as Roger said, it is certainly time to "smell the roses" in all senses of the phrase.  I wonder how many of the "Pebble Beach caliber" classics are occasionally driven and enjoyed as shown in this video.  I would think that the lives of owners of such automotive treasures would be enormously enriched by an occasional jaunt in ol' the multi-million $$$ buggy!

Just my opinion.

Merry Christmas,

Grog

• Like 1

I considered that maybe it was a Pur Sang, not a real 8c. But then again, Europeans enjoy flogging their vintage machinery, even the 8 or 10 million dollar ones.

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 8:16 AM, Joe in Canada said:

Did anyone else notice this ultra expensive car is being driven on gravel roads.

Yes.  That's one of the things that make this video so great ... seeing an "ultra expensive" being DRIVEN instead of just moving between transporter and show spot ... or in a parade.

Merry Christmas and Cheers,

Grog

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 8:27 AM, BillP said:

I considered that maybe it was a Pur Sang, not a real 8c. But then again, Europeans enjoy flogging their vintage machinery, even the 8 or 10 million dollar ones.

I checked and this isn't the Alfa that was in the Pebble Beach auction, that one sold for just under $20 Million. Bob

What a cool vid!  Makes me want to get the MGTC out and roll - maybe we'll get lucky and have a nice day during the Christmas break.

Terry

Good  show!  Just scheduled a Birthday Tour for New Years Day when all the cars are a year older.  Due to great participation we have to limit it to vehicles over 50 years in age.  We love the mountain roads in the winter, no tourists except us.  I always feel like the guy in the movie when I drive our cars, that's why we own them.  Merry Christmas.

Bernie,

That's a great looking car, and it is being driven as it should; however, you're stirring up enough dust to choke an entire colony of Burrowing Owls (Athene cunicularia).  These cute, cuddly defenseless creatures are protected by the Migratory Bird Treaty Act in Canada, the U.S. of A. and Mexico.  We participants in this forum all know that we are closely monitored by the EPA, Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management (RIDEM), NOAA, the Massachusetts Environmental Police et al., due to our love of obsolete road-going machines that heartlessly pollute our pristine natural environment.  Bernie, it's a good thing that you haven't posted your location, because 'they' are watching us.  As to my location in Paisley, Florida, we're out in the middle of nowhere, and they ain't any no-good, gol-danged revenooers gonna find me here ... errr, umm, what's that pounding on my front door?  Uh, Oh!  Time to fire up all 26.5 horses in the trusty Crosley and "beat feet" outta here ...

Lookin' over my shoulder,

Grog

19 minutes ago, capngrog said:

Bernie,

That's a great looking car, and it is being driven as it should; however, you're stirring up enough dust to choke an entire colony of Burrowing Owls (Athene cunicularia).  These cute, cuddly defenseless creatures are protected by the Migratory Bird Treaty Act in Canada, the U.S. of A. and Mexico.  We participants in this forum all know that we are closely monitored by the EPA, Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management (RIDEM), NOAA, the Massachusetts Environmental Police et al., due to our love of obsolete road-going machines that heartlessly pollute our pristine natural environment.  Bernie, it's a good thing that you haven't posted your location, because 'they' are watching us.  As to my location in Paisley, Florida, we're out in the middle of nowhere, and they ain't any no-good, gol-danged revenooers gonna find me here ... errr, umm, what's that pounding on my front door?  Uh, Oh!  Time to fire up all 26.5 horses in the trusty Crosley and "beat feet" outta here ...

Lookin' over my shoulder,

Grog

Honest, There were six turkey vultures around a deer carcass that refused to move for us until I got within a few feet so my Son could take a picture of the bare bones.

Your donation of just $19 per month can get fresh dog meat delivered to those sad eyed vultures.

As to the Owls, ever take apart an owl pellet? The little cuddly things killed and ate everything that moved last night.

Reminds me, I came home one night and my Wife was sitting on the couch crying as a male polar bear floated away on a block of ice while the female and cubs went hungry in their den. When I said "Bad day for the bears, good day for the seals" things kind of went downhill.

Thanks for the compliment on the car. The greenhouse gases from its manufacture have been incinerated during nuclear surface testing over the years. And we are watching them. A couple of years ago I heard that the FBI was sent to investigate a perceived lack of attention by the Border Patrol. Some of us locals were suspicious of the actions of the undercover FBI... and reported them to the Border Patrol. Just helping out, you know. There was an "err, ummm" over that one.

Then there was the terrorist who snuck across the border and checked into a motel. In the morning he found a local paper by his door. Looking through he found an ad "1976 Chevy 4X4, Big Block, 38" mudders, will go anywhere. Cash or trade for guns." He was a bit unnerved and had that "No, this is not Kansas." feeling.

0055.jpg0011.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 60FlatTop said:

The title said "What We All Enjoy Doing"

Profane? Needs explaining in detail.

I agree. That's an example of crop dusting, i.e., strolling through the office after a 3 burrito lunch.

On December 26, 2016 at 9:20 AM, 60FlatTop said:

To carenare the vineyard or ram through the cornfield; the pleasure belongs to the perpetrator.

004.JPG

AWESOME pic.....

Love the video, too.....

Cort, www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pig&cowValves.paceMaker * 1979 CC to 2003 MGM + 81mc

"I shiver when I see the falling snow" | Merle Haggard | 'If We Make It Through December'