your favorite TV mechanic

rocky5517

Of all the show on TV, who's your favorite mechanic? Mine is Roger from Chasing Classic Cars, with Ed the Englishman from Wheeler Dealers a close second. Old Roger can look at a '36 Dusenberg and pull a spark plug out of his butt, in pristine condition, and tell you the timing settings of the engine wihthout even looking at the manual. And Ed the Englishman is no slouch either, using his natural skills to fix oddball ( to us anyway) cars with ease.

Right, Ed China rules! I like the sympathetic way he explains every step he does and I laugh sometimes when he can't take place in some cars through its body size! What a giant in every respect!

And Roger Barr amazes me each time I see "Carinis Classic Cars"... He's a great man with a inexhaustible know how - takes all his time & always easy way going! I love him  =))
Well, I like Chip too... I could watch him drawing his amazing designs all day - one of my heros too!

But my favorite is my sweet little sister Marianne with her devoted assistant Wulfie even if not on TV shows *lol*

marianne.jpg

tool-dog-dachshund-suit-auto-mechanic-24.jpg

tool-dog-dachshund-suit-auto-mechanic-23.jpg

• Like 1

Roger it is!  The guy knows his stuff by sight, sound and smell and doesn't need a computer code to point him in the right direction.  He is an old fashioned mechanic and they are getting harder to find.  Plus he has a great personality!  It will be a sad day when he passes and Carini will be hard pressed to find another one like him.

Yeah, I'm for Goober. He's not a stereotype like these gemokes I see when I am changing channels.

Thinking about it, I'm laughing when I think of Goober playing the part of some of those porkheads. Goober down the rabbit hole holding his watch saying "Gollllllly! I'm late! I'm late!"

I wish my producer friend would just do one show with me. But he swears there is no way the stigma of that stuff is ever going to be attached to him.

Bernie

Sign of an experienced mechanic; a row of pens, pencils, and tire gauge in the pocket. My Grandfather taught me that in the early '60's. If you pick something heavy up and it presses against your chest one pen or pencil will "break like a rotten egg" (a quote) a row will spread the weight out evenly. If you break your pencil "you might as well sit behind a tree and pour water over your head" (another quote).

I would REALLY like to see some interviews with current owners of TV garage assembled cars. Maybe Sheri could bring the boys in to replace the Eldo. Do they make a customer satisfaction form for TV car buyers?

Sheri-Moon-Zombie.jpg

Bernie

On TV, Edd China is my favorite.  He seems to be methodical in his diagnosis, clever and patient with his solutions and does a good job in explaining the necessary details of the fix.

But my all time media favorites are Click and Clack, the car guys from Car Talk.. Tom (deceased)  and Ray Magliozzi.  I know its radio but they did it so well for so many years I thought I could see the show - even if it was only in my mind.

Rock On

gord

• Like 1

I know that I can turn the TV on tonight and see this same plot, deadline and all, the same characters (except the duck with an attitude will have pants. The music will be less tolerable, probably from the soundtrack from "Good Morning Vietnam" played too loud with stop motion photography before the commercials. I guess that's obligatory as are the old men with tattoos and pony tails.

In 1964 the guy stuck his finger into my necktie and said "Sonny, the only thing that changes is the date."     Bernie

Oh, don't forget to give Mickey a little ZZ Top wannabe beard to keep him in character.

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)