What year could it be?

Paul from PA

Friend of mine just finished a bathroom remolding job. The 78 year old woman has a Buick Electra 225 in the barn. The guy that did the work is not a car guy and does not know the year. He said it is beige with a blue interior. Any guesses as to what year it is? I am hoping to look at it soon.

????????????

Ben

Friend of mine just finished a bathroom remolding job. The 78 year old woman has a Buick Electra 225 in the barn. The guy that did the work is not a car guy and does not know the year. He said it is beige with a blue interior. Any guesses as to what year it is? I am hoping to look at it soon.

Clearly the color combination makes this barn find a Porsche.  

• Like 1

Truthful response here.

I'm guessing a 1985 Buick Electra.  They were available in a color called Cream Beige (paint code 59) and I have personally seen one that color with a blue interior.  This was the first year for that design of the Electra, when they first went to front wheel drive.  Anyway, that's my guess.

My dad built our house in '56.  The house had a pink and grey tile bathroom.  Anyone have a pink and grey two toned car?

Pimlico Gray metallic/Coraltone.  

Factory offering on 1955 Studebaker Speedster.  It was also offered in tri-tone Coraltone/Pimlico Gray/Shasta White.

I don't own one, but I am familiar with the color combination.

Craig

When I was in high school, a girl I knew was telling me something about a car.  I asked what it was, she thought for a minute and said.........It was a Buick, because it was blue.   Based on this, it's not even a Buick.​

• Like 2

My dad built our house in '56. The house had a pink and grey tile bathroom. Anyone have a pink and grey two toned car?

That is amazing, Ed.

I had a house built in 56 that had a pink and grey bathroom and the other bathroom was dark turquoise and dark chocolate brown.

I finally talked to the owner of the Buick today. It turns out it is not an Electra 225 as my friend told me. The car is a 1956 convertible. She also told me she had a has a hard top as well located in a different area. Not sure if they would be for sale but she did not say they weren't so that's a plus. She said they have not been run in over twenty years and doesn't know why anyone would be interested in them. I told her I was and would like to take a look at them. She is to get back to me. If not I will certainly get back to her

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I finally talked to the owner of the Buick today. It turns out it is not an Electra 225 as my friend told me. The car is a 1956 convertible. She also told me she had a has a hard top as well located in a different area. Not sure if they would be for sale but she did not say they weren't so that's a plus. She said they have not been run in over twenty years and doesn't know why anyone would be interested in them. I told her I was and would like to take a look at them. She is to get back to me. If not I will certainly get back to her

Interesting!  Keep us posted.