I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

On December 2, 2016 at 7:45 PM, EmTee said:

I'd say this was the Blizzard of '66.  No school for a week and I was able to climb up a drift onto the roof of our front porch!  A week later it took two V-plows traveling in tandem to open up our road to traffic.  It was quite an adventure...

Regardless of when and where this was, just imagine getting around in that gas-guzzling rear wheel drive car. Here and now, if many modern drivers don't have winter tires to go with their front or all wheel drive, they don't seem capable of getting around. Sigh. 

10 hours ago, Thriller said:

Regardless of when and where this was, just imagine getting around in that gas-guzzling rear wheel drive car. Here and now, if many modern drivers don't have winter tires to go with their front or all wheel drive, they don't seem capable of getting around. Sigh. 

In '66 we would have had our '64 GP, after that a '66 Catalina.  I can't tell you how many times I had to dig those cars out of the end of our driveway where my mom would either get hung up on the way in or out of the driveway (especially where the plows pushed the snow).  "#@&$% low-slung Pontiacs!" she would say.  Those crappy bias ply snow tires and an open rear diff almost guaranteed you'd get stuck somewhere.

8 hours ago, RivNut said:

Those crappy bias tires and open differentials made for some great fun on frozen parking lots though. ?

That they did -- in fact, my mother was known to 'let the tail wag' around corners for a little fun now and again! --- Weeeeee!!!  (Watch out for that snow bank...)

8 hours ago, JohnD1956 said:

Since I would have been responsible for digging myself ( Mom did not drive) out of those snow piles, I often shoveled the driveway before entering or exiting! :D

Well, I was only 8 years old in '66 and our driveway must have been 120 feet from the garage to the road.  When there was snow on the ground shoveling the driveway wasn't high on my 'fun-meter'...  ^_^

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 91vert said:

I can't tell if this is the Wildcat concept or the Old's concept.

No info with photo.

15230552_10208100652584451_2989525158403

I'm not certain if it's the Olds, but it is definitely not the Wildcat ll.

Note the rear side exhaust just before the rear fender.

Edited by xp-300 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 91vert said:

Never seen one of these.

15400928_1319349621420218_61038147377927

Sure you have Cal, it's just a 53. But the visor may be throwing you.

Just kiddin, no I've never seen a milk machine like that either, nor a LOOK traffic marking. Can anyone make out the license plate state on the 53.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Can anyone make out the license plate state on the 53.

I believe it is a Massachusetts plate, and I think the photo appears to be in the mill district of Lawrence, MA  

I live about an hour away from this town and those milk machines were popular in Mass. when I was a kid.

Edited by xp-300 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Sure you have Cal, it's just a 53. But the visor may be throwing you.

Just kiddin, no I've never seen a milk machine like that either, nor a LOOK traffic marking. Can anyone make out the license plate state on the 53.

they had them all over new jersey in the 70s when i lived there.