Autumn Buicks

JohnD1956

This is my favorite time of the year. Unfortunately no orange leaves where I'm at. Looking forward to all the amazing photos John and others snap this year! (though hands down, John snaps the best photos, lets be real for a second)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Not much for colour on the bald prairie (there are locations that it could work), but I got an opportunity to take a few photos today.  There have been a few flakes falling this afternoon, so it’s good that all the old cars are now in appropriate locations.  Sigh.

6BB2BD33-223B-4801-86A1-FC36D6ED6A97.jpeg

• Like 7

Hey Doug, we have a retreat in Whistler the first weekend of November...there isn’t a pile of time, but we drive back after the event Sunday afternoon and fly out Monday morning.  We will be staying at the Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport in Richmond the night of November 4 if it works to get together.

The colors are just starting to turn on the island so this might not look like an autumn picture but it is. A very blustery day on the South shore of Long Island on the Great South Bay, Robert Moses Causeway bridge in the distance. To windy to even put the top down. But still great chance to drive the Reatta

IMG_20181021_141934211.jpg

IMG_20181021_142118477.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Thriller said:

Hey Doug, we have a retreat in Whistler the first weekend of November...there isn’t a pile of time, but we drive back after the event Sunday afternoon and fly out Monday morning.  We will be staying at the Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport in Richmond the night of November 4 if it works to get together.

That sounds great Derek, I’ll send you a PM with my contact details and we can touch base when you’re back from Whistler. 

• Like 1

@dmfconsult  I haven't driven it much yet Doug but I am pretty happy with it.  This one has the Buick 3300 engine.  Did you have that motor or the 3.1?  This car is a California vehicle.  Bought new in the San Francisco area and in that general area till 2011, when it went to Washington DC.  It was sent to an area near me in 2017, where it was immediately sidelined outdoors. Up to now it has always been owned by members of the same family.  It's a high mileage vehicle, much more than  I would have liked,   but to look at the chassis one would never know it.  It's half the size of a real wagon. But I'm okay with that.  I just want to avoid driving the '13 Regal in the winter.

• Like 3

I do think it had the 3300 John, although it’s been awhile. My sister is not easy on vehicles and it survived her. She eventually traded it for an SUV.  In fact that became a running joke... at the same time I had a 97 Chevy lumina with the 3100 that I meticulously maintained. I had all kinds of problems with that car (worst I ever owned) while my sister who did nothing, no maintenance, had no issues with the Buick. 

I joked the secret to keeping that vintage of GM vehicles running was to never maintain them. 

Edited by dmfconsult (see edit history)
  • Haha 2

Pay attention to the coolant level -- those 60-degree V6 engines are notorious for developing intake manifold coolant leaks which allow coolant into the crankcase.  Watch for 'disappearing' coolant with no outward trace of a leak.  Milky froth on the underside of the oil fill cap is another bad sign.  Having said that, miles alone doesn't hurt them and given its age the intake manifold gaskets may have been replaced already with better aftermarket ones.  Good luck with her, it's almost a shame to subject such a clean car to NYS winters, but I understand perfectly!  ;)

• Thanks 1

Leaves are just about all gone now around here, so took advantage of a nice day to change the oil and clean up the wagon before putting it away for the winter. 

Also had a ”Thriller”ing evening with Derek (Thriller) and his family who were in town for the weekend!  

8284AEC7-2AA5-4A02-8FF2-3D354AFDA13E.jpeg

Edited by dmfconsult (see edit history)
  • Like 4