License plate, a devilish question

trimacar

O,K so found my nice 36,000 mile 2001 3/4 ton Suburban. So far, so good (or, as they translate it in Africa, Safari, so good).

The dealer handled the title transfer, and they mailed me the license plates, received today.

First problem, the other Suburbans I've owned never had "truck" plates on them.

The second problem, well, the second problem is a problem. When I first read The Exorcist in 1970 or so, by the end of the book I was backed in a corner of the room so nothing could sneak up behind me, my Ash Wednesday Catholicism cross popping out on my forehead, outlined in sweat.

So, question to the group: would you put these on a car you drove frequently, or would a visit to the DMV be made quicker than "the hell you say"?

You know, they, whoever "they" are, are right, you can't make this stuff up....

post-31482-143139076079_thumb.jpg

Recently saw a similar plate. The vehicle it was on and the driver seemed to be okay. :rolleyes:

If you believe in "the mark of the beast" then have them replaced. If not then don't worry about it. I didn't hear about that issue until I was about fifty or so. I guess the Presbyterian Church I grew up in didn't believe in it. So it wouldn't matter to me.

The MN Collector plates on my Riviera have the same marking.

On a side note.

At the printing company I work for, it seems every time that number comes up as a dollar amount for a job, it is for a Church or other religious group.

In those cases, I force the amount to something else.

It's kinda creepy.:(

Edited by Sweepspear (see edit history)

in arizona pick-ups and suvs utilize passenger plates unless the owner wants commercial plates. as far as the 666...that is cool having a thought provoking plate like that. my 2500 '91 sub has a 777gt- standard plate. i'd run those 666s with no problem. the fee for my plate is $65 because of the age of my sub. that's $65 for 5 years.:D

Edited by mrspeedyt
5 years for $65 (see edit history)

Hmm- full load output on one of our generators is 666 megawatts of electricity. It used to unnerve me...

I was one to really tempt fate. I had a personalized plate on a 77 Thunderbird "AA 88"- the aces and eights two pair, the supposed dead man's poker hand. I was young and reckless back then...

Turn the plates in. Revelations states 666 as the number of the beast. It has been studied for centuries. This I'm sure you know hence your concerns. If the plates were enough to spurn this thread it is enough to have you change the tags to something else. Put your mind at ease. Purchase another set of plates.

Guest billybird

According to Revelation Ch. 13 verses 16-18, the mark of the Beast will be recieved either on the right hand or the forehead; not a liscence plate. I would'nt worry about it. However, if it bugs you enough, request another plate.

I was reared Catholic, so am very familiar with the concept of the devil and the mark of the beast.....with my luck some crazy would see the plates and do damage to the vehicle, thinking the wrong things....so I'm going to the DMV today....

Wayne, all my past Suburbans have been 3/4 ton, and I've never had a plate that specified "truck".....don't know that it makes a big difference, unless it's in tax rate......maybe personal property tax....

.....Wayne, all my past Suburbans have been 3/4 ton, and I've never had a plate that specified "truck".....don't know that it makes a big difference, unless it's in tax rate......maybe personal property tax....

It's a tax deal for sure, David. By the way, I deleted my first comment. The original question about "6"'s went right by me. I guess the devil's in the details.....groan!!!:eek:

post-54863-143139077976_thumb.jpgDavid - Get rid of the TRUCK/BEAST plate and get a plate that means something POSITIVE to you and your wonderful family.

You and I have always had personalized plates, especially on our collectables -- I remember when you had three 1938 Packard Super Eight cars (Convertible Coupe, Club Sedan and Touring Sedan), and would park them so that the cars said "PACKARD" "SUPER" "EIGHT" -- and wasn't there the time with "Pierce - Silver - Arrow"?

post-54863-143139077972_thumb.jpg

Guest Mochet

The 666 number wasn't always as "devilish" as today. Check out "Old 666" for an heroic WWII story or Ford's "666" race car from 1907. The devil likes speed!

Phil

Darn, Marty, you have a good memory.....in Louisiana, had a couple of fun license plate experiences at the DMV...I'd bought a '56 Thunderbird with 31000 miles on it, and the woman at the counter insisted on putting a "1" in front of it, and I was complaining loudly...she got mad, looked at me and said "Sir, do you want to buy license plates, or make them?" [at the time, license plates were manufactured by prisoners in Louisiana].....the other time was when I bought a personalized antique plate for the 1910 Hupmobile, and went to pick it up at the DMV...lady handing them to me asked me "oh, are you in the Army?"...HUH? "the plates, isn't that what they say in the Army?" .... plate says "10HUPP"

Spooky is as spooky does...

Just wrote the check for the monthly electric bill at the house in the country- $66.60 !

And after that whambammer storm that went thru here last night packing 75 mph straight-line winds, the power and the phone out there are out. Ol' Scratch works in mysterious ways, eh?

Supposed to be 100 degrees again today. I guess when the power comes back on, the A/C will kill itself trying to cool the house back down. I hadn't planned to go out there today but with security system, battery tender and all kinds of timers on stuff, I guess I'll have to try to work in a trip out there and make sure everything's OK. And hope a lightning surge didn't take out the security system like it has a couple times before.

Just an aside, I had personalized plates on my Harley for 17 years. Recently they required me to resubmit my application. They determined that somebody was offended! Now I can't have the plate that my bike and I have been known for, "HD GIMP" (just for those who don't know, I have been paralized for 30 years) Gimme a break! It was fine since 1995, but now all of the sudden somebody get's hurtie feelings and I have to conform to one person's views? Sheesh...

post-31565-143139078345_thumb.jpg

................ It was fine since 1995, but now all of the sudden somebody get's hurtie feelings and I have to conform to one person's views? Sheesh...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]143724[/ATTACH]

That sidecar will certainly hold another tag John..make your own!;)

Guest Kingoftheroad

Its just a license plate, keep it..

Prove its just a plate, face your fear. Nothing is gonna happen because of some numbers on a license plate...

Problem sorta took care of itself....a Suburban in Virginia, even a 3/4 ton, doesn't get truck tags, so the DMV corrected the dealer's mistake, and in the process gave me some nice, vanilla, no controversy, numbers.....

Begone, Beelzebub..........

Interesting, never thought of that...I believe the Natchez Trace is the same way....I missed the Classic Car Club tour of the Natchez Trace, if there's ever another tour on that highway I'd sure like to go, but haven't seen anything coming up...does anyone know if there are any plans for a Trace tour anytime soon? There, I'm highjacking my own thread!