Mudbone

55 Century 66R Project

Do not use fish-net panty hose! 

Here is a good example of what the inlet at the radiator covered with panty hose would look like.  Once covering the inlet install the hose and clamp.   Drive the car.  

F4L5529GLYX9JXL.LARGE.jpg?auto=webp&widt

• Like 1

I finally got around to painting the top and bottom tanks today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

Looking good.

Are you EVER going to finish?  I am getting OLD!

Ben

Not Sure, but I'm not giving up!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Rome was not built in a day.  A lot of Buicks were.  😄    The enjoyment is putting it back together in better then factory condition.  No sense rushing what you enjoy! 

• Like 1

A few more things done, a lot more to go! 

• Like 5

It's funny how something can look really presentable until you refurbish something next to it, then it look s shabby, forcing you to redo it also. I had recently wanted to redo the dash in my '50 Chevy and am now also detailing out other components that I originally had not planned to finish, oh well, one thing leads to another. I'm sure you will have a very sharp car when you are done with it. Keep up the good work.

• Like 2

Got a few more things done today, I was able to pick up some epoxy primer yesterday before the Lock down.

• Like 4

Mr Mudd,

Did you need to do any repairs to the sheet metal for the under-seat heater assembly or was yours in really good shape?  I am asking because mine will probably need some minor repair.  You have yours looking really nice though and I hope to get mine like that soon.  Thank you.

36 minutes ago, Kosage Chavis said:

Mr Mudd,

Did you need to do any repairs to the sheet metal for the under-seat heater assembly or was yours in really good shape?  I am asking because mine will probably need some minor repair.  You have yours looking really nice though and I hope to get mine like that soon.  Thank you.

My floor pans and heater area were rust free.

@Mudbone  I would be tempted to pack a layer of that caulk into the inside opening around the center  wiper transmission unit.  No one will see it and it would just be insurance against a leak in that area.

1 hour ago, JohnD1956 said:

@Mudbone  I would be tempted to pack a layer of that caulk into the inside opening around the center  wiper transmission unit.  No one will see it and it would just be insurance against a leak in that area.

I think you are correct. The old piece that came out was square. I can still get some in there. Thanks

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, old-tank said:

Tip:. Paint the car first...

If it was only that easy.......

It's going to be a lot harder to paint it with all that stuff on the car already.  Ask me how I know or just look at my restoration pages ... I did it wrong too.

19 hours ago, old-tank said:

It's going to be a lot harder to paint it with all that stuff on the car already.  Ask me how I know or just look at my restoration pages ... I did it wrong too.

If things keep shutting down I will have time to do it soon. This is normally my busiest time of year. Bobcat just announced the parts distribution center is temporally shut down and I have only one inspection and radon test in the works.

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, Mudbone said:

If things keep shutting down I will have time to do it soon. This is normally my busiest time of year. Bobcat just announced the parts distribution center is temporally shut down and I have only one inspection and radon test in the works.

Dover white paint ordered for the roof area!

• Like 1

Today is Buick Saturday. Within twenty minutes I lost my coffee cup. It took twenty minutes to find it. (It was right where I left it) Then I couldn’t find my new reading glasses so I opened up another pair. After awhile I thought I was developing cataracts, then I realized I didn’t take off the protective covers! I WANT A DO OVER!

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Mudbone said:

Today is Buick Saturday. Within twenty minutes I lost my coffee cup. It took twenty minutes to find it. (It was right where I left it) Then I couldn’t find my new reading glasses so I opened up another pair. After awhile I thought I was developing cataracts, then I realized I didn’t take off the protective covers! I WANT A DO OVER!

NAP TIME!

Ben

• Like 1
  • Haha 1