55 Century 66R Project

Mudbone

Did you do anything special on the shift quadrant other than cleaning it?  I am always leary of messing too much with clear plastic pieces.

Mark

4 hours ago, Kosage Chavis said:

Looks like I am the butt-end of this April fools joke..

That's not the same yellow shown in the 'circus car' is it?  Yours looks more muted and not so 'busy'.

5 minutes ago, EmTee said:

That's not the same yellow shown in the 'circus car' is it?  Yours looks more muted and not so 'busy'.

I could be mistaken, but Condor Yellow was the only yellow color offered in 1955.  The paint on my car has lost all its luster and very faded compared to the other car.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/2/2024 at 12:52 PM, Kosage Chavis said:

Looks like I am the butt-end of this April fools joke...20190327_220814.png.ad367ed622ca2af31a17578134511c3d.png

Sorry about that…..Actually my cars original color was the worst I have ever seen. It was Turquoise with a Cherokee red top. I couldn’t do it, so I went with the red with the Dover white. The car I posted I saw in person. It was very poorly done and the bumpers were painted silver. I don’t think they used factory colors.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/2/2024 at 1:19 PM, M1842 said:

Did you do anything special on the shift quadrant other than cleaning it?  I am always leary of messing too much with clear plastic pieces.

Mark

I took it apart and polished the metal and just carefully cleaned the plastic. It’s not perfect.

20240316_084030.jpg

Edited by Mudbone (see edit history)
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Mudbone said:

Sorry about that…..Actually my cars original color was the worst I have ever seen. It was Turquoise with a Cherokee red top. I couldn’t do it, so I went with the red with the Dover white.

It's really okay Mr Mudd.  It was all done in good humor.  I have seen your cars original colors and I totally agree with you.  What were these people thinking in 1955 with color combinations?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kosage Chavis said:

It's really okay Mr Mudd.  It was all done in good humor.  I have seen your cars original colors and I totally agree with you.  What were these people thinking in 1955 with color combinations?

My first choice for my car was to keep the turquoise and paint the top and bottom Dover white. I even bought a pint of each color and painted both doors to see what it looked like. I love the turquoise. But I made the mistake of asking my family what they liked. They all picked the red and white. Sometimes I regret that I didn’t go with my gut……..

HPIM4815.JPG

HPIM4817.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

My goal today was to install the steering column. Never happened…. I realized it would be wise to be sure everything is routed properly under the dash. I was trying to install the fuse panel. I took a quick look at One Bid and was trying to get it to fit. (No way) So then I looked at my old photos and found out it was routed differently. Then it fit right in. (Did the two door and four door differ in the under dash routing?) I then realized I had the vacuum wiper cable coming through the dash from the wrong hole. Then I started looking for the hold down tabs for the oil psi and the water temp. I think I looked through every box and couldn’t find them. I started picking up tools and putting stuff away from the workbench and there they were in a zip lock bag with the transmission dip stick tube clamps. All restored and ready to bolt on…….

One Bid Fuse.jpg

66 R Fuse.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1