Jump to content

Kosage Chavis

  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

1 Follower

About Kosage Chavis

  • Birthday 11/25/1980

Profile Information

  • Location
    Newport News, VA, USA

Recent Profile Visitors

3,514 profile views

Kosage Chavis's Achievements

5,000+ Points

5,000+ Points (5/7)

  • Reacting Well Rare
  • Dedicated Rare
  • Very Popular Rare
  • Collaborator
  • Posting Machine Rare

Recent Badges



  1. Whadup John. The seat is still available. Is he local? Have your buddy text or call me. Thank you John.
  2. @John Dino, I tried my best to get those hinges off through bolt removal, but I wasn't making any progress at all. So, I took a cutting wheel and cut the hinges off the door instead. The hinges were not touched or damaged in any way. Here are a couple of photos.I hope this will suffice. Let me know.
  3. We can do paypal. I should be able to start removing those hinges today. But let's hold off on payment until I get them off for you.
  4. I can build a crate for the rear window if anyone needs it. I already built one for this front windshield that is being sold, shown here. The other stuff you see in this crate are other items the buyer requested.
  5. This car was sold earlier this month. A fancy truck with the name, F.C. Kerbeck, picked the car up. My guess...it was purchased to be resold at a later time.
  6. Not a problem. However, I am going on vacation tomorrow and won't be able to get to this until I get back late next week. I hope this won't be a problem.
  7. Funny you would recommend this. I bought this exact tool for this reason with no luck. I might take a cutting wheel and grind around it to get it off the door. I will sell the whole rear set for 20. But if I have to break up the set, it will be 15 for one side.
  8. @John Dino, I do have the set of rear door hinges. The only reason why I didn't put them up for sale is because I could not get them off. However, I am willing to try again for you. It will be a little while before I can get to it because I will be on vacation in a couple days. I will get back to you when I am back. Thank you.
  9. More than one way to skin a cat! I love it.
  10. Yes Sir. How are you @GrandpaJerry? The gauge will work on your car. Send me a PM and we will set it up. Thank you.
  11. No Sir. The gauge that I am selling only fits Supers and Roadmasters. On the parts car, the original temp gauge was broken. So, a previous owner took the gauge (that I am selling) and installed in place of where the clock goes. That's how I wound up with this thing.
  12. Sold the set of rear ventilator window assemblies.
  13. Removing the steering column here, as shown.Loosen the clamp bolt shown here.Go back inside the car and remove the screws that holds down the steering column rubber seal at the firewall. Next, simultaneously pull back on the steering column while firmly wiggling it out of the socket. Take your time. Once you pull it off the socket, turn the steering column counterclockwise until the shifting arm clears the firewall opening.Now, you can pull it out. You will also remove 2 different steering column seals with the steering column itself. Showing the site of removal.Showing the steering column after removal.Overall, this was an easy task. Onto the power steering gear, as shown.Remove the pitman arm nut shown here.A pitman arm removal tool is necessary for this.My tool wouldn't fit, so I had to hammer the tool into place until centered. Tighten the tool until pitman arm pops or slides off the spline.Now, remove the 4 bolts shown here.These bolts hold down 2 pairs of clamps on the opposite side. While removing the 4th bolt, hold the power steering gear in place so that it doesn't fall off of the frame to prevent injury and/or damage. Once both clamps and bolts have been removed, pick up the power steering gear off the frame. Showing the site after removal.Showing the power steering gear after removal.Overall, this was an easy task. Just take note that this part has a decent amount of weight on it to be prepared.
  • Create New...