All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE FOR A 1931 90 SERIES . casting number 1238084 MOEW PHOTOS AND MEASUREMENTS ON REQUESR TO fred,rawling@live.com
  3. 1930 Packard Big Eight Custom 745 Convertible Victoria by Waterhouse - serial #186085, engine #186380, 7.50 X 19 tires, leather uphols., folding front seats, one pc. rear seat, round back.
  4. 1928 SMALL SERIES REAR FENDER FOR THE PASSENGER SIDE YOU CAN SEE THE BONDO. I AM NOT SURE WHAT MODEL IT FITS. I THINK IT IS FOR A SEDAN. I WILL SEND MEASUREMENTS AND MORE PHOTOS ON REQUEST. THE INSIDE OF THE FENDER IS SMOOTH AND DOES NOT HAVE BONDO AND IS NOT DENTED OR RUSTED THROUGH. $45.00 PLUS SHIPPING. fred.rawling@live.com FOR MORE INFORMATION AND MORE PHOTOS.
  5. Duesenberg SSJ - no gran handle on dashboard = Gary Cooper car
  6. Hi there. The first DeSoto series "K" was basically a car body built around a wooden structure. It was the wood which held most of the body together. Door were lined with wood to hold the mechanisms, floor boards were wood, etc. In 1930 there was a transition where much of the wood structure was replaced with metal stampings. Doors and cowls were all steel, the trunk/rumble lid still had wood lining, floor boards on closed model cars were steel (except for the front removable section). The 1930 roadster still had all wood floorboards. The 1930 DeSoto CF bodies were called "mono piece" bodies. and were said to be all steel construction. I do not have all the details on the body building progress of Chrysler products, but I believe the big " all steel body" advertising came into being with the 1934 Airflow, where Chrysler showed one being rolled down an embankment and then driven away.
  7. Was it available for convertibles too?
  8. Duesenberg https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1111/j.1542-734X.1978.0103_655.x
  9. The 472 was a vast improvement over the 429. The windshield wipers were hidden for the 1st time, cleaning up the lines. The front turning lamps were located in the edges of the front fenders. In 67 they had a die cast piece there that looks like an afterthought The lamps are nicer. The interior door panels and dash were reworked (more the door panels) for the better. And of course the big improvement were the disc brakes.
  1. Load more activity