All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Any idea where this group got the funding for their research? Sadly, the sources of such funding have been known in the past to influence the findings of some research studies which can call those studies into question.
  3. I had thought about that but dismissed it. I have an extra I know is good, I'll give it a try. It does still have the original one!
  4. If you have a blue flame wrench, it helps a lot on stuck bolts. Used this more than once.
  5. Smart man. Some with a critical ear for sound reproduction say the compac disc has and edge that reproduces a harsh sound. The LP record on a good turntable , etc. with a tube amplifier has a warm cozy sound. The sound reproduction is important only if you want it to be important.
  6. Does anyone know what paint color(s) were offered for the 1916 Hudson Cabriolet?
  7. I'd pop the steering link off the pitman arm ball and see how much swing I got without the box. Then start narrowing it down.
  8. Seller had it for $79999 on website. Bidding got furious late. I like the additional time added after each bid and minimum increment is $250 I think, but many far exceed that.
  9. Maybe it IS a "MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD" That movie hadjust about every comedian, and so many others - brings a smile just thinking of the various scenarios- Buddy Hackett Milton Berle, Jonathan Winters, Jimmy Durante, Spencer Tracy, Ethel Merman, Phil Silvers, Terry Thomas, Sid Ceasar, Mickey Rooney, Edie Adams, Dick Shawn, Buster Keaton, Jerry Lewis, Dorothy Provine, Peter Falk, Jim Backus, Don Knotts, Carl Reiner, Jack Benny, Eddie Anderson, Stan Freeberg, Arnold Stang, Marvin Kaplan, Paul Ford, Zazu Pitts, Ben Blue, Joe E. Brown, Leo Gorcy, Andy Devine, Norman fell, Sterling Holloway, and dozens of others Still makes me laugh - and the talent involved !!
  10. What is the story on the damage and restoration, is the body going on a better chassis? Bob
  11. That's what the police on Spiderman always drove!!! Craig
  12. As an update! Once the Buick was on the road, I was still having issues. So I replaced them with good old incandescent globes and don’t have a problem. I lost that many hours of redoing what I had already done! Any way, when I am bored and have nothing else to do in life, I may revisit them 😒😒😒😒😒
  13. I believe it was sold. To who and for what price - I don’t know. Jim
  14. Today
  15. No, not God. However, engineers have done one heck of a job improving combustion engines that once spewed more unburned fuel than exhaust from tailpipe to mostly water. Improved solar panels. Windmill design, Hydro-electric and nuclear. It will not stop there.
  16. Leaving Sat Morning for North Carolina Tour will be driving our 66 ply conv. Hope we have good weather so we can get time with the top down . Kings32
  17. Al, thank you for getting back to me, my friend is asking $65.00 for it, says thats what he paid for it, again thank you!
  18. When I purchased my 1917 D45, It had the 6 volt fuel pump and regulator mounted back close to the tank. They soldered and redrilled the inlet fitting to vacuum tank to restrict flow. Then they replaced the tank vent with a return line to the gas tank. fuel recirculates but the tank is always at atmospheric pressure. My experience with the regulators on the fuel systems is that they do not hold a consistent pressure in the 1 to 2 psi settings. Bob Engle
  19. NOT MINE Muscle memory: Stunning collection of 110 vintage American muscle cars, including a 1978 Pontiac 'Smokey and the Bandit-Style' Trans AM, will be auctioned in the fall after being hidden for 40 years Coyote Johnson, 65, has been collecting some of America's most desirable cars since he was 16-years-old One car included in auction that's set for September is a 1978 Pontiac 'Smokey and the Bandit-Style' Trans AM Collection has never been seen by the public and includes Chevelle's, GTO's and Mopars from '60s and '70s Despite the massive auction, Johnson said that he will select a few of the gems to keep for himself One of those includes his precious 1969 Roadrunner, the car he keeps in the garage at his Iowa home
  20. great deal! wish you had some for my 31................
  21. Engineers will solve the climate change. well, if you think they are God, then perhaps..................
  22. This was standard practice for Microsoft back in the '90s and earlier. Vapourware it was called. Promise then delay. Then delay some more... and more. Hence the "new" Uber style taxi service with no drivers, that will be using customers cars? sounds like a stretch, but cant fault Musk on coming up with ideas.....
  23. Kathy Ireland commercial for Macys fur vault
  24. I have owned this since 1991. Very good condition. Runs and drives great. Transmission is the 700R4. Interior better than most. Headliner has a few small issues. Dash has some cracks. Front filler over the front bumper suffered from sun and has deterioration, will need a new one. Never smashed and very minor rust spots. I did install new door weatherstripping but did not glue them. I did not glue the because I thought I would get to restoring the car. I can send more pictures to interested buyers. I would like to get 6500.00 Thanks Tony
  1. Load more activity