All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Does anyone have any insight into the phone number on the poster? It may lend clues... Moorestown 256 R-2 I wonder.... is there a way to find out what years that number was in use?
  3. After much help from J. Keiser, I got my under dash strut oriented the correct way. This strut is probably on all the MoPar products from at least 41-48 or more. Its purpose is to brace the heavy steering column and dash to the cowling above. The bottom of the strut will screw onto a flange that is connected to the steering column. But I can't do that until I mount the dash board.
  4. Today
  5. That is the key, even with bias ply tires. If you just get it rolling the slightest bit, it makes a huge difference. My '41 Buick Super is the same way. Or you have to have he-man arms like Jeff! 😜
  6. Now I finally got my strut on Keiser correct! Thanks.
  7. What a revolting development. Love that A panel truck even with the squashed down nose
  8. Start a new thread below in the Buick Pre War section and somebody will help you with this. A lot of us have worked on touring wood, including me. https://forums.aaca.org/forum/60-buick-pre-war/
  9. I'm not 100 percent sure, I think they are the same as Model A Ford, you will have to turn the arm around 45 degrees. Readily avaialable fro MAcs Ford parts, Snyder's and others.
  10. Save every scrap for now. Odds are strongly against being able to just buy these parts. Good luck and welcome to the forum!
  11. As a 17 year old gearhead, I lusted for and drooled over a twin to this Monza. Alas, the car only lasted a few days at the dealership, and I continued to drive my '50 Ford beater for a few more years. Later I decided on a Chevelle, probably a wiser choice.
  12. Glad to help!👍🚗 I know postage costs will be about $20 round trip for a small flat rate box. That could make local a better price, even if they are higher than me.😮
  13. Daves small HEI. Uses the original distributor and works flawlessly. Price on par or less than the aftermarket Hei’s and most importantly HE STANDS BEHIND HIS WORK .
  14. Here is a picture of my well worn and modified 1923 Screen Side truck.(Note factory position of the fuel tank under the seat). This truck was cut in half so the front half could be used as a powerplant for years at a Gold Mine in central Nevada. Note the serious cancer along the bottom of the cowl. I have a long way to go but I will make it..... Al
  15. I am not surprised at the price, and don't think it would cover any "original style fins". On that subject, it is a Harrison strip core, and those can still be made in Australia. I have not priced it, but $2500 doesn't buy you much ordinary radiator these days, never mind strip core. I've had my 36 radiator out and know what it looks like. Earlier this spring I had my fan magnafluxed because of the risk. It is a tall narrow cross flow radiator with a third tank at the top that functions as a condenser for alcohol antifreeze. The radiator cap on the left connects opens into this third top tank. The top tank drains into the right tank. The mounting wings are odd shaped, curved, and are part of the nose structure of the car. There are no other radiators even remotely like this, except perhaps radiators for slightly older Pontiacs. Those would have similar cores. I doubt any of those could be close enough to fit as is.
  16. I plan on using only photos I took, and the ones that are on there currently are all ones I took. But if I do include photos from others, a disclaimer is a good idea.
  17. Possibly if you give credit from where you found the image (i.e., "Not my image, from the Internet" and add the web address), you might not have issues to deal with? Seems that much of the Internet is considered "public domain"? Plus a blub about removing anything the owner might not approve of. NTX5467
  18. Personally, we know that the particular vendor had to get the HEI from some place, as they normally don't build such, just re-sell other people's stuff. Which is why I wondered what was so special about that item. The HEI, like any other GM distributor, can be re-curved as needed. Add an adjustable vac adv can and that part is covered, too. Their dialogue is pretty flowery. The stock HEI GM coil will fire a .075" gap, with good plug wires, or even a bit wider. Put a good aftermarket module with that and things are better than factory. Yet the prior points systems would fire a .040" plug with no issues. Which makes the only reason for an electronic ignition the reliability and spot-on timing of each plug firing. Which the various levels of Pertronix can supply under the stock ign cap. IF you wire it inconspicuously, nobody's the wiser. In theory, if you add a Pertronix unit, use some good OEM-look magnetic-suppression plug wires, and add Iridium spark plugs into the mix, that should make an "Ignition system for life". As modern OEM Iridiums should last between 100-150K miles. Even the prior "single-Platinum" OEM plugs were rated at 50K mile change intervals. Provided the fuel system doesn't have some richness issues. At 3K miles/year, how many years would that be? Enjoy! NTX5467
  19. Here's a few available on ebay...there are many more.
  20. If you buy it you have to go at night with flashlights to extricate it from some farmer's field.
  21. I suspect those prices are if you are looking for the original style fins, honey comb or similar, but if you are willing to go with "new" style it will be much cheaper
  1. Load more activity