Loyd Young auction

old car fan

Those are some very nice cars, and very well photographed on that last site listed.  There'll be good money brought at that auction, in spite of all the "gloom and doom" that states that no one buys old cars anymore!

• Like 1

Old car fan, 

Yes, please let us know the auction results. A very nice, eclectic collection of cars.  The parts auction should be interesting, too. A 1905 Cadillac engine, two Franklin engines and tons of interesting stuff. 

Wish I could go.

3 hours ago, trimacar said:

Those are some very nice cars, and very well photographed on that last site listed.  There'll be good money brought at that auction, in spite of all the "gloom and doom" that states that no one buys old cars anymore!

I think that at the present time there is great demand and quite a few "vintage car hobby age" people with substantial resources. It's the middle future; 10 to 20 years from now,  where I can see the potential participants numbers thinning out.  I am 60 and quite interested in 1920's cars, however I very seldomly encounter people younger than myself with an interest in 1920's cars. Stock or near stock anyway, the street rod and rat rod group definitely embrace them.

That Marmon appeals to me in a big way.

Greg in Canada

• Like 1

Lloyd and Shirley were active until the end!   Shirley was a member of our National Awards Team and it was always a pleasure to work with her. Lloyd was a real talented mechanic and the quality of his vehicles reflects that.  Wish I could be there to buy something (like that 11 Hudson or the 05 Caddy) but honestly, I'd rather they were still with us!

Terry

• Like 1

It will be interesting to see how much demand is there

for his cars.  So many of them are "dark era" cars--

1916 into the 1920's--for which overall there is little demand.

Vehicles of that era are too new to be supported by the Horseless

Carriage Club.  They were probably seen in abundance

at shows in the 1960's and 1970's, but today they don't

get out much.  They tend to languish as stationary objects

in the garages of older collectors.

The fact that these were at least moved outside for pictures,

shows that they can run.  (Unless they were just pushed out.)

And they look good.

I'd like to see more cars like those get out to shows.

Maybe this sale will spur a collector or two to delve into

a forgotten era. 

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

Even though numerous of the cars are of what I call the "bastard years", too young for HCCA and too old for the popular 30's cars, I bet the prices are high.  These are quality cars, owned by a person who had excellent mechanical skills.  The overdrives in many of them make them great road cars.

I don't think the "little demand" will diminish the prices on these, and would expect the rare and high quality Elcars to do quite well....

15 minutes ago, old car fan said:

I have prices,if interested.

PLEASE SHARE THE PRICES, THANKS

(sorry for the all-caps)

Interesting prices, thanks for posting...looks like some strong prices, I think the Elcars should have gone a little higher...Milburn brought good money, as did Pierce....that 27 Packard seems to have brought more than it should have....

All in all, still demonstrates that there IS interest and money in early cars...

If anyone on the forums bought a car, let us hear from you!

Kudos to the auction company for obtaining such strong bids. Their marketing efforts paid off. Sometimes you will see very weak prices at such an auction. Of course, the owner's name and quality of the cars helped quite a bit, too. 

It's nice to see that the estate's beneficiaries will share in the fair market  value of the cars and parts.