I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

This is the Buick that inspired my love for the marque - my parent's 61 Electra 225 that they bought in 62 after trading their 57 Roadmaster 75. Because of this car, I now also own 61 deuce and a quarter that I can't imagine ever selling... also shown in one of these pictures is my uncle's 62 Chevy Impala!

000029090007 (2).jpg

000029090011.jpg

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, RivNut said:

Harley Earl driving the Buick Y-job as his personal car.

How would you like to have been  Harley Earl? I can just imagine. "Boys, I've got an idea I want you to work on. I've got a car in mind. See if you can come up with something that looks like what I've drawn on this napkin." As soon as he said it, a dozen engineers jumped as if jolted with a cattle prod and went to work on the project. And got paid for the work they did. "Yes sir Mr. Earl, right away Mr. Earl". Zeke 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zeke01 said:

How would you like to have been  Harley Earl? I can just imagine. "Boys, I've got an idea I want you to work on. I've got a car in mind. See if you can come up with something that looks like what I've drawn on this napkin." As soon as he said it, a dozen engineers jumped as if jolted with a cattle prod and went to work on the project. And got paid for the work they did. "Yes sir Mr. Earl, right away Mr. Earl". Zeke 

Sort of like what Bill Mitchell did when he first envisioned what became the first Riviera. "Hey guys, I was walking out of a restaurant in London and saw this Rolls Royce driving through the fog.  Do you think you could come up with something like that but put a Ferrari front end on it?"