The Cars of the TV shows Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, The Andy Griffith Show, Leave It To Beaver, Adam-12, Gomer Pyle, Batman, Car 54-Where Are You?, Perry Mason, Green Acres, Highway Patrol, M*A*S*H, Brady Bunch, That Girl, Happy Days & Twilight Zone.

I ran across a video on YouTube where a guy points out the make, model and year of all the cars on the show, which ran from 1964-72. The Chevrolet people did a great job showcasing their new models every year on Bewitched. There are a lot of Chevelles, Camaros, Impalas, and other models plus an occasional car from another company or an occasional one-off clunker like this 3 wheeled Corvair-powered pile of you-know-what (below). There are also videos showing the cars from I Dream of Jeannie (mostly Pontiacs), The Beverly Hillbillies (MoPars) and The Andy Griffith Show (Fords). Older guys will also recognize some actors who made guest appearances on these shows. I recently added cars from many other shows in the title. Enjoy....

Besides these four shows I have added additional videos showing classic cars from Leave It To Beaver, Adam-12, Gomer Pyle, USMC and also Batman, which has some pre-war classics including some foreign jobs. Enjoy....

Edited by Dodge55Royal
Add more shows to the title... (see edit history)
  • Like 4

The carmakers knew the value of product placement. Supplying cars to a popular and successful show, or even sponsoring one as Chevrolet did with "Bonanza", was almost guaranteed to translate to sales.

Back then the tv show cars and the car commercials made you want to own the car being advertised. Or in my case as an elementary and junior high aged kid, to spend my allowance and odd-job money on a model car kit of it.

I can't remember the last car commercial that made me want to own the car being advertised. Had to have been sometime in the 1980s.

• Like 7

2005 Ford Gt !  “The One”

1995 Jaguar XJ6  “At Last”

Other than that, your right,

It was great being a kid in the 60’s

You had to DREAM……..

and I dreamed of my 1969 Olds cutlass with 442 options everyday in school .

ahhhh dreaming

Gtjoey1314

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gtjoey said:

You had to DREAM……..

ahhhh dreaming

I dreamed of a Kissel Gold Bug. I was a strange kid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Gtjoey said:

2005 Ford Gt !  “The One”

1995 Jaguar XJ6  “At Last”

Other than that, your right,

It was great being a kid in the 60’s

You had to DREAM……..

ahhhh dreaming

Gtjoey1314

The Cadillac Break through ads in 2004 got me looking at them back then. Might have been the Led Zeppelin drum hook to "Rock and Roll"  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpD7f8gWgDg

I am just finishing up a book that fellow member loaned me on how Cadillac wanted to use the Doors song "Break on Through" but due to legal problems among the Doors and Jim Morrisons estate it was not happening, so GM went with plan B and used the Led Zepplin sound bite. 

Edited by John348 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

There was one episode of Bewitched where as the ladies of the show went to some kind of get together. They showed the parking lot where they were all getting into their cars afterwards. There were several lined up, all brand new chevy's, Corvettes, SS camaros, Chevelles etc. It was kinda cool seeing all of these lined up when new.

• Like 5

Does any automotive product placement or tv commercial affect you like that now?

All they show you now are all the damn electronic gadgets that disengage you from actually driving the vehicle. And they show the vehicles in environments most of us don't relate to. It's either nighttime urban scenes in high-cost-of-living areas or tearing thru back country dragging a big camper too fast thru mudholes.

Price I pay for living in flyover country!😄 Gimme old school tv shows and car commercials any day.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, TAKerry said:

There was one episode of Bewitched where as the ladies of the show went to some kind of get together. They showed the parking lot where they were all getting into their cars afterwards. There were several lined up, all brand new chevy's, Corvettes, SS camaros, Chevelles etc. It was kinda cool seeing all of these lined up when new.

If you had watched the Bewitched video you would have seen all of them starting at the 9 minute mark...

Any Leave It To Beaver fans here?

Edited by Dodge55Royal (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, rocketraider said:

Does any automotive product placement or tv commercial affect you like that now?

All they show you now are all the damn electronic gadgets that disengage you from actually driving the vehicle. And they show the vehicles in environments most of us don't relate to. It's either nighttime urban scenes in high-cost-of-living areas or tearing thru back country dragging a big camper too fast thru mudholes.

Price I pay for living in flyover country!😄 Gimme old school tv shows and car commercials any day.

Actually I think its the opposite. I watch all old stuff and my wife watches lifetime movies. I admit I get caught up in them as well. The cars you see now are very generic looking suvs and if the badges on the grills are usually blanked out. 

• Like 3

On 7/16/2024 at 8:13 PM, Oz Dodge 4 said:

Personaly, I like the "Chrysler" products in "Peter Gunn", especialy the DeSoto in the original 1958 year !

Yes, there's an animated Mopar in this.

Take your pick. I don't think I've ever heard a completely bad version of "Peter Gunn", and these three are superb.

My high school's marching band would sometimes slink around behind the band director's back and tear up "Peter Gunn". The director considered "Gunn" sleazy and beneath the Blue Comet Marching Band but the band had fun with it. One of my longtime friends played tenor sax in that band and to to this day can wail the Gunn theme.

• Like 1

Bewitched reminded me of Elizabeth Montgomery's Father, Robert Montgomery. He was a car enthusiast ! I found out years ago while watching the war movie, "They Were Expendable" with my Father and he mention that Bob Montgomery was good friends with my Uncle, they grew up in the next town over from us. ! 

Steve

image.png.7153bee5c587d94c185e9c427754ba5f.pngimage.png.2cb1b21c820c4b4bfde198833c10b524.png

• Like 8

3 hours ago, rocketraider said:

Appear to be Cadillacs. The prewar folks will have to ID year and model.

I believe your correct Glenn, '31 & '33.     Here is a '35 Bentley and a '39 Lagonda V-12 that Robert had shipped from England.

image.png.221a2720ca47491015b24e9a5b285de3.pngimage.png.100f86aecf8e6fb626e12350cf4b54b2.png

• Like 3

6 hours ago, rocketraider said:

Appear to be Cadillacs. The prewar folks will have to ID year and model.

My untrained eye, I thought the newer car looked like it may have been a caddy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dodge55Royal said:

Classic Cars of Season One of Adam-12....

3 hours ago, Dodge55Royal said:

Classic Cars of Season One of Adam-12....

Ah, yes Anna Capri No photo description available.

IMG_5635.PNG

BTW guys, I got those two points too😉 , too bad Pete didn't

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Pfeil said:

Ah, yes Anna Capri 

BTW guys, I got those two points too😉 , too bad Pete didn't

And she bought him a new Porsche which he refused to accept. Of course having it delivered to the police station wasn't too smart on her part....

• Like 3

On 7/18/2024 at 5:36 AM, TAKerry said:

Now the question is.. What are those two cars?

Both of the Robert Montgomery cars shown are Cadillacs.  The first is a 1931 Fleetwood V-12 Phaeton, the second is a 1933 V-16 Convertible Victoria.  The '33 received a full-restoration in the early 2000's.  I saw it at the Hillsborough Concours in 2015.  A stunning automobile!

017E.jpg.cd54f33a52b6b1df9e8368e89b1b65a0.jpg

IMG_1175.JPG.eb5f5f11eb3e4e54304761ad36485c99.JPG

Here's another period photo of Montgomery with the car.

Montgomery_Caddy.jpg.5ef29bdabb621b1699d730e7ee7ab576.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dodge55Royal said:

And she bought him a new Porsche which he refused to accept. Of course having it delivered to the police station wasn't too smart on her part....

But

she finally after much persistence broke Pete down and he called her for a date in his Matador,

IMCDb.org: 1974 AMC Matador Coupe in "Adam-12, 1968-1975"adam12-618-004.jpg

• Like 2