Who's Going to Buick National Meet 2024 in Ohio

Grant Z

From the meets and tours forum if you need it:

4 hours ago, Barney Eaton said:

I am going to cancel a room at the host hotel.   Anyone interested let me know

soon, and maybe we can transfer it to your name. 

can someone please take pictures of all the 32 Buicks for me since I’m not able to attend

Tom here are a few I did. I will have to resise them.

Margus had 4 of his 90 series cars there. We judged his 96C (in one of the previous photos I am the TEAM leader in the straw hat). There was to be another 96C there but it was a NO SHOW.

DSC01473.JPG.bb9b275645508820df6966eff1afe640.JPG

DSC01469.JPG.61251c0e045c6bfa3e598aead7294b2c.JPG

• Like 6

Thank you for the pictures of the 32s I’m just patiently waiting to find another 32 Buick model 97 sedan . Looks like a wonderful meet and hopefully it wasn’t too hot out like it was here in Long Island 

An outstanding BCA show. It was great to see the pre-war warriors, special thanks to Larry [dibarlaw] for great advice. I upload a few more snapshots with apologies for inadvertent redundancy.

32330.jpeg

20240713_095341.jpg

20240713_095602.jpg

20240713_095618.jpg

20240713_102811.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Gee, not 100% sure but the good looking feller in black standing at the first part of the video (7 second mark) looks remarkably Australian to me! Thinking tis our own Grant Zippel sniffing around for photos and parts for his convertible. 

Stand to be corrected, but as his shoulder bag is on the left, he is definitely RHD!

Rodney 😀😀😀😀😀😀

IMG_7204.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Maybe we can sell a where's Zippel book based on all the sightings. That 1908 Buick is an impressive machine, it stayed cool hauling around four hot car guys all day long with only two cylinders. For clarity, the car guys were hot due to weather, definitely not appearance.

Edited by 28Buick (see edit history)
  • Haha 4

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, 40 66S CENTURY said:

WE CHEERFULLY MET WITH GRANT AT BCA NATS IN STRONGSVILLE - HIS E MAIL AND BZNS HAVE BEEN HACKED SO WE ALL HOPE HE CAN RECOVER AND LET US ALL KNOW HE IS OK!!

He emailed me last week and said he got back home.  I don't know if all his email issues got sorted out but i imagine he has a lot of catching up to do.

• Like 1

I just heard from him today.  His AACA forum account has been suspended because of the email hack.  I got one of the spam emails from the hacker asking for money (in the form of an Apple gift card, of course), as I'm sure others of you also did.  He is trying to work things out with the forum moderators.

• Like 1

Sincere thanks for Ken Green for getting me reconnected here on the forum after having my email account hacked, and the forum rejecting my email address (probably due to spam issues from the hacker).

All fixed now.

On 7/28/2024 at 1:46 PM, rodneybeauchamp said:

Gee, not 100% sure but the good looking feller in black standing at the first part of the video (7 second mark) looks remarkably Australian to me! Thinking tis our own Grant Zippel sniffing around for photos and parts for his convertible. 

Stand to be corrected, but as his shoulder bag is on the left, he is definitely RHD!

Rodney 😀😀😀😀😀😀

Hilarious. I may need to get myself an agent with the paparazzi hot on my heels.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sincere thanks for Ken Green for getting me reconnected here on the forum after having my email account hacked, and the forum rejecting my email address (probably due to spam issues from the hacker).

All fixed now. I'll catch up with posts re the Nationals when I get some free time. I'm playing catch-up after being away for a month. I have to organise the monthly cruise nights (American cars only) that I've been running here in Adelaide for the last 36 years. The season for that begins early October and goes through to April (our warmer months).

• Like 1

So great to hear that you have been "reconnected," Grant.  I know you have a lot on your plate, but don't forget that you promised me that you would post some photos and commentary about your epic road trip from Seattle to LA with the objective (I believe mostly achieved) of viewing every 1941 Buick on the west coast of the USA!  The photos and videos that you shared with me and Thom ( @Shootey ) when you were in San Francisco were great, as well as the stories about your journey.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, neil morse said:

So great to hear that you have been "reconnected," Grant.  I know you have a lot on your plate, but don't forget that you promised me that you would post some photos and commentary about your epic road trip from Seattle to LA with the objective (I believe mostly achieved) of viewing every 1941 Buick on the west coast of the USA!  The photos and videos that you shared with me and Thom ( @Shootey ) when you were in San Francisco were great, as well as the stories about your journey.

Hi Neil,

I promise I will do that as promised. Who would argue with a retired barrister? LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you who have not seen my separate post on the Buick Forum, here are my photos from the Bui

From boarding the 1st plane (Adelaide, Sth Australia) until landing in Cleveland took 26-hours, but despite very little sleep I hit the ground running thanks to adrenaline, and the promise by Ken & Sandy Green to meet up for a meal. We had only met on the forum before, but got along like we had been friends for years.

As I am a keen photographer, I though some of you may be interested in seeing my 267 photos from the event.

Here is a link to my Google Photos album of the 2024 BUICK NATIONAL MEET I hope you enjoy them.

I was in the USA for a month and attended several other events & 3 fabulous car museums on the West Coast.

I will prepare a further post covering the remainder of my trip (as promised @neil morse).

CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW TO GO TO MY PHOTOS.

IMG_4588.jpg

Edited by Grant Z (see edit history)
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, garnetkid said:

Thanks for the great photos Grant. It is the only way us members who cannot make it to those meets can enjoy seeing all those Buicks, thanks again.. Leon

Thanks Leon, I'm glad you enjoyed them.