Who's Going to Buick National Meet 2024 in Ohio

Grant Z

Hi all from Australia, I'm attending the BCA National Meet in Strongsville Ohio July 10-13 and am wondering how many of you might be also attending.

My buddy & I were a little too late to book into the host hotel so have found a place 5 miles north and will commute in our hire car.

On Monday after the event the event, my mate (buddy) and I will visit the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Museum in Auburn Indiana, return to Cleveland, sleep the night and then part company. I will then fly to Seattle on the West Coast and do a solo 1,400 mile road trip down to Los Angeles visiting mostly 1941 Buick owners (I own 2) I've met over social media plus a couple of long-term car friends. I will be away from home (plus my wife & dog) for nearly a month. It will be my 6th time to mainland USA.

I can't wait!

• Like 2

• Grant Z changed the title to Who's Going to Buick National Meet 2024 in Ohio
5 hours ago, Grant Z said:

I will then fly to Seattle on the West Coast and do a solo 1,400 mile road trip down to Los Angeles visiting mostly 1941 Buick owners (I own 2) I've met over social media plus a couple of long-term car friends.

Hi Grant:

I hope you will consider a stop in San Francisco on your way to Los Angeles.  I would love to meet you and show you my '41!

Neil

I really want to go , I was even considering flying out for the day and flying back out the same night . Just to see some cars . 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BuickTom87 said:

I really want to go , I was even considering flying out for the day and flying back out the same night . Just to see some cars . 

Do it. I would imagine it to be a very good event with the larger population concentration nearer the East coast.

21 hours ago, neil morse said:

Hi Grant:

I hope you will consider a stop in San Francisco on your way to Los Angeles.  I would love to meet you and show you my '41!

Neil

Hi Neil, many thanks for your kind offer. I would also love to meet you and see your '41. I certainly am traveling through the SF area on my road trip. I will send you a personal message now.

23 hours ago, Matt Harwood said:

The Harwoods will be there.

I would love to meet you & Melanie and see your 1941 Limited Matt. Looking forward to being there even more now!

The Green's will be there, sans Buick as it will be in for upholstery.  I'm bringing sharp eyes though, to find the one part that I'm missing.  

• Like 1

Never been to the BCA nationals. It's on the bucket list and I am hoping this year will be my chance to go.  I understand Doug Seybold is putting the event(s) together.  I think this location would be great because it should pull cars from the eastern sea board.  I am already talking myself into it. Forgive my innocence but do I have to register first in order to attend the show?

Grant , I have enjoyed seeing some of your posts. I plan to be there but without a car. This chapter should put on a very fine meet.  They have done it before.  You will enjoy the Auburn Cord Dusenberg Museum, but if you can tweak your schedule, you should look into going to the Gilmore Car Museum as well, just over in Hickory Corners, Michigan.  You would not be disappointed, as both of these museums are some of the best in the country.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kgreen said:

The Green's will be there, sans Buick as it will be in for upholstery.  I'm bringing sharp eyes though, to find the one part that I'm missing.  

I'm very much looking forward to meeting you both Ken.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Century Eight said:

Grant , I have enjoyed seeing some of your posts. I plan to be there but without a car. This chapter should put on a very fine meet.  They have done it before.  You will enjoy the Auburn Cord Dusenberg Museum, but if you can tweak your schedule, you should look into going to the Gilmore Car Museum as well, just over in Hickory Corners, Michigan.  You would not be disappointed, as both of these museums are some of the best in the country.

Hi Phil, I look forward to meeting you there. Regarding the Gilmore Car Museum, my flights are booked & paid for so I'm afraid not. I will be going to the Nethercutt Museum when I arrive in LA at the end of my road trip. I expect that to be very special. Previously I've been to the Henry Ford Museum once and Petersen Automotive Museum twice so I can't complain. You can't do everything and I consider myself very fortunate to have seen what I have previously.

I hope I can find you at the Nats. My email is zipcruise@tpg.com.au. I will have a different mobile (cell) number upon landing in the USA so cannot provide.

• Like 1

Interestingly I have been to two Buick National Meets over the years.......while driving my way to the Pierce Arrow Society National Meet! I am trying to be in the area this year as the Packard/CCCA guys have a national meet close by the same weekend. Probably will wait to see the weather just a few days out before I commit. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Grant Z said:

Hi Phil, I look forward to meeting you there. Regarding the Gilmore Car Museum, my flights are booked & paid for so I'm afraid not. I will be going to the Nethercutt Museum when I arrive in LA at the end of my road trip. I expect that to be very special. Previously I've been to the Henry Ford Museum once and Petersen Automotive Museum twice so I can't complain. You can't do everything and I consider myself very fortunate to have seen what I have previously.

I hope I can find you at the Nats. My email is zipcruise@tpg.com.au. I will have a different mobile (cell) number upon landing in the USA so cannot provide.

I have been to the Nethercutt and I went to see the cars.  But I was quite taken when I went on the guided tour of the organs/pianos; I would suggest you take the time and do both!

• Like 1

I have my room reserved .... but have yet to send in my reservation.   It should be a big event based on the location. 

Michigan, Ohio and lots of East coast states have lots of Buicks,  most meets East of the Mississippi have great turn outs... 

I go the see the cars and old friends (expect to see Ben there) hopefully make some new friends. 

• Like 1

I will attend, it is only 130 miles from my garage. This will be my first judged Buick event. Will either trailer or drive. Brewery tour sounds promising. I highly recommend the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, https://www.rockhall.com/ the collection is fabulous and it is one of the pre-arranged BCA tours. I booked early on Priceline and found the Best Western Plus at $56/night, but they appear to be sold out. Just 8 miles away is the four star America Suites for about $75/n. This meet is just 35 miles from one of our national parks, the Cuyahoga Valley, https://www.nps.gov/cuva . No mention of the park in the registration stuff. Some people call this the most boring of our 46 national parks, but those misled misanthropes have not booked a ride on the wine train through the park, featuring the only fully restored stainless steel dome car now on track.  https://www.cvsr.org/excursions/dining-drinks-excursions/grape-escape  We look forward to seeing outstanding pre-war Buicks at this event.

• Like 1

hi grant! skip n karen boyer will attend- registered the 1940 90 but its in the shop getting a new motor/trans and 80 series rear gears- backup plan is: we  registered the 65 Wildcat convert. Love to meet you after all these years

1940limited1A.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, 40 66S CENTURY said:

hi grant! skip n karen boyer will attend- registered the 1940 90 but its in the shop getting a new motor/trans and 80 series rear gears- backup plan is: we  registered the 65 Wildcat convert. Love to meet you after all these years

Hi Skip (and Karen), I sure do look forward to meeting you both.

I had been meaning to let you know I have a set of your engine-turned dash panels that I bought from Richard Mann last year. They are oiled and wrapped in clear wrap so I must get onto getting them cleaned & clear-coated.

Sincere thanks for letting me know you will be at the event.

On 4/18/2024 at 11:23 PM, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

Well, dang, Grant!!   One more, and a big one, reason to attend.  I was just thinking this morning I might not go. Now back on the agenda!

Ben

If you're able to be there, I'd love to meet you Ben. Keep me posted please.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Grant Z said:

If you're able to be there, I'd love to meet you Ben. Keep me posted please.

Will do, Grant.    

You know, to so many on these Forums, The Forum members ARE the AACA and the BCA.   Yet, it seems, each time I attend a BCA National,  I get sidetracked and do not meet and document those folks.   We/I need to do better.    A large sign with our forum name hanging over our back??  Maybe!

Ben

• Like 2