Shop/Garage Open House March 30 - Blow the Winter Dust Off and Show What You've Been Up To

All right guys and girls I have to give credit to @playswithbrass for this idea to host an open house at my shop.  I've purposely left the address out of the title as a challenge to others to do the same thing and just maybe we can turn this into an annual unofficial thing.  It doesn't matter if you have a one car garage or a super organized 100 000 sq ft place we all like to see what others have been working on and just chat.  So let's put the coffee on, on a Saturday morning and invite others to drop in and make some face to face connections!   Oh yah, don't forget to boost and recommend the AACA while you are at it!

image.jpeg.063cfd3c586883fd149271ac7ae29768.jpeg

So the details for my place are as follow:

Saturday March 30th from 10 am to 1 pm I'll host an open house at the shop. The address is 135 Blandford St, Innerkip, Ontario. (its the old Chrysler dealership there)  I'll put the coffee on and please stop by.  I can't make any great promises but it will give you a chance to see the place first hand.  For those not familiar with Innerkip, it's a small community and the only places that will be open are a gas station/variety store and Tim Horton's.  If you are looking for a bit more adventure there is a farmers market in Woodstock at the Woodstock Fairgrounds that runs from 7 am to 12 pm and One of Kind Antique Market which claims to be the largest antique mall in Canada.  For those with a sweet tooth, you can't go wrong stopping in at Two Guys and a Whisk downtown on Dundas St in Woodstock which opens at 10 am.

No need to RSVP or any of that fancy stuff, just drop in and say hello!

Now who else is going to jump in and open up!  (kind sounds like a bad group therapy session)

Edited by 3macboys (see edit history)
  • Like 10

Wish I could be there. What a great idea. 

Terry

That is a good idea.

I wonder how many from this forum would make it to Newberg Oregon on n a Sunday. I work or race most Saturdays.

I had the pleasure of one member looking me up last week.

christianad1156 looked me up and got the nickle tour.

• Like 2

Well, the discussion started because we all know each others user names but have no idea who the person actually is or how close we live to each other. It all gets shrouded in mystery when we could in reality be having fun car meet ups with people not too far away. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kings32 said:

I would do that my garge  if  I know some would show . Howard

Im not all that far off (cecil co.) Let me know when,LOL. I have a few car buddies somewhat local and for years have been wanting to have a summer bbq. Not that I have that much to show but I like the idea of an open house and bbq. Would be cool to have a few old cars parked in the 'hood.

• Like 4

For those of you sitting on the fence about opening your place up, worrying if anyone will show up - the one thing I can guarantee is that if you don't put out the offer out no one will be there.  It's kind of like back in high school and wanting to ask the good looking girl out - except that the worst that can happen here is that you get a couple of hours of solitude in the shop, no downside as far as I'm concerned.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Mar 30th is the Saturday between Good Friday and Easter.  Bev and I plan to make the hour and a half drive East along the 401 freeway to attend.  Thanks for the invite.

Regards, Gary

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone planning on coming there is only a bit of parking in the front of the building, along with on street parking but you can also park on the grass of the vacant lot next door that also belongs to us.    I forgot to mention before as well anyone looking for lunch in Woodstock  a couple of local places with food made from scratch are the Charles Dickens Pub and the Iron Works, both of which are in the same block as The Two Guys and a Whisk Bakery.   If you are coming from the Kitchener/Waterloo direction The Trails Edge Tavern in Plattsville is also well worth the stop for a bite.  Looking forward to meeting/seeing everyone!

Don

image.jpeg.f38159bee86cb9d3f5678096fb2fa942.jpeg

• Like 6

Cant make it for obvious reasons. So post some pics.

In the mean time,

Portland International Raceway swap meet, Thurs - Sat,  4/4-4/6  (Thats next week).

Space # 2011A. Its in the chicane off of the west end of the drag strip. Drop by and introduce yourselves.

I will even let you buy some of my junk.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The Easter greeting party is ready...turns out the village Easter egg hunt is about to start around 10 as well in the park just down the street so we are part of the theme.

20240330_091724.jpg

• Like 3

On 3/16/2024 at 3:52 PM, 3macboys said:

except that the worst that can happen here is .....

you get that one guy that shows up and says "I'm here to party WOOO!"

GIF redneck - animated GIF on GIFER

ME:

"Uhh... sorry bro, wrong house, you want my neighbor three doors down"

Seriously though, I love the idea!

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Haha 3

Just returned from the open house and all I can say is WOW. Tell me what kind of person can fill a dealership with all THEIR car hobby stuff . Now we are not talking a little Chrysler Dealership,but one that at one time had fourteen mechanics working there,so you get the scope of what we’re talking about. This guy is 100 percent gas in the blood stream,way to go.

3 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

you get that one guy that shows up and says "I'm here to party WOOO!"

Hey you got my hair cut right!  Hair by Gill,  Gillette!

Great day everyone and a nice turn out.  Great to put some faces to names!   For those sitting on the fence about opening your place up the hardest part is putting the invite out there, car guys and girls are going to show up!  Added bonus for me was that my youngest, who is home for the weekend from school, popped out and made the rounds - he's already called his one grand mother and said about how nice it was to meet everyone.  

For @TerryB - no bear claws but there was still Tim Horton's to be had

image.jpeg.9684640ddfc56bd6486e6cb88a902fd1.jpeg

image.jpeg.284d9d8a5863be99cc4f958ea6e4052a.jpeg

And just to show that I run a high class establishment this is the sugar bowl...

image.jpeg.3d2dc2d285dab2238b8581e77fa1d05b.jpeg

A Packard hub cap

I'll look at doing a CARS and coffee later in the year

Don

• Like 7
  • Haha 1