Key Largo Private Show

edinmass

10 minutes ago, K8096 said:

There were three ‘34 - ‘37 Cadillac  V 16 3 window coupes in attendance?  That must be the most in one since they were new.    

Three of the four that exist. Great show. Lots of fun!

IMG_3960.jpeg

IMG_3959.jpeg

IMG_3958.jpeg

IMG_3955.jpeg

IMG_3956.jpeg

IMG_3957.jpeg

IMG_3954.jpeg

IMG_3952.jpeg

IMG_3953.jpeg

IMG_3951.jpeg

IMG_3948.jpeg

IMG_3949.jpeg

IMG_3950.jpeg

IMG_3947.jpeg

IMG_3946.jpeg

IMG_3943.jpeg

IMG_3944.jpeg

IMG_3945.jpeg

IMG_3940.jpeg

IMG_3941.jpeg

IMG_3942.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Just now, K8096 said:

Hey, that’s driving with an open container.   

image.jpeg

Well……all the roads on that island are private. And they did make the cup holder out of brass……so it’s OK!

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Reminds me of the Tarpon Springs, Fla. shows from 50 years ago,  when all antique car shows were Pre-WWII vehicles

and it didn't cost $780,00 to show a car.   Ed, Thanks for sharing these wonderful pictures.

It’s an interesting show……..no judging, no trophies, every car goes over the ramp with the owner. It’s basically a three day parking lot party. They have a FANTASTIC private air show that lasts two hours one day, and one hour another day. Then there is the boat show…..or yacht show depending on your opinion. The venue is one of the most exclusive homeowners associations in the US. I would describe it as the Jimmy Buffet concours. It’s close to home, so I never miss it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

'  Ok Ed, Which car did you show?    Probably not the 17 White.   "I would guess the "Stationary Coupe" meant the top didn't go     down like a "Drop head Coupe", a "Convertible Coupe" or a "Gentelmen's Coupe".

• Like 2

Paul.....didn't have a car there this year.......crazy busy at the shop right now, just went for the day. Will have one there next year. It's a bummer when work interfears with more important things like car shows. Only good part is my job is pre war cars........so I didn't suffer too much! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 12/3/2023 at 6:04 AM, Paul Dobbin said:

"I would guess the "Stationary Coupe" meant the top didn't go     down like a "Drop head Coupe", a "Convertible Coupe" or a "Gentelmen's Coupe".

Exactly, the top doesn't move.  I've always liked the Jaguar XK120 name for this, "Fixed-Head Coupe."   Not only do you get a car, but they fix your head!  Saves a lot of money in therapy.

• Haha 2