For Sale Unrestored Cadillac v-16

jcrow

Forgive me if this is the incorrect forum. I am looking to sell a few  special cars from my collection.

The first one will be a very special 1930 Cadillac. It is a V-16. It is a one of a kind, special order convertible

coupe made by Fisher for Fisher. Most 30/31 Cad 16s were built by Fleetwood. Fisher built 16 typical, somewhat

stuffy convertible coupes with boxy doors and upright windshields. They also designed, for themselves,  one sleek convertible coupe with a thin and very slopped windshield, slim doors and a drop down top. Unlike the Fleetwood it had front hinged doors (like the roadster) and was non-coachsill. The car is low mileage, running, with great wood and metal. It is quite complete but it is unrestored. It has the special order markings (LX) all over the body and has its original chassis and engine,  all of which match the Build Sheet. This smaller body is mounted on the long chassis and could be quite a show car. There are NO duplicates. I would like something in the $325k/$350k range. Attached is a recent photo.   

Ask me for the build sheet.

Johnny

IMG_2305(3).jpg

• Like 8

21 hours ago, sagefinds said:

It will be first on my list after winning the lottery. Can you imagine,16 cylinders and only 452 cubes?

Factoid for you:

For some reason, the 12 version of that engine has 1/8 th inch larger boar at 370 cubic inch and has more displacement and HP per cylinder than the V16. If you do the math, The V12 would only be 340 cubes if it had the same boar as the V16. If the V16 had the same boar as the V12 it would calculate to the same 500 inch and 200 HP as the Marmon V16.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Barney Eaton said:

We like cars...... show us some more of your collection.  

What good is anything if you do not share it with other enthusiast?

In general, I have found almost all collectors to be wonderfully generous in person. But many are reticent about posting things to the Internet. I can understand that.

Edited by alsancle (see edit history)
  • Like 5

No the Waterhouse is staying for a little longer.

Showing off cars is a delicate balance. In a way it seems offensive. The look what I have

part. Yet, none of us own them, anyway. We are only temporary caretakers. I am always

happy to share, if it is taken as about the cars.

Most of my cars are big old heavy American iron. Pierce, Loco, Cunningham, McFarlan, Packard,

Springfield, Lincoln and such. Not very many are Cad and LaSalle and this is a Cad site.

So I will share a few 16's

cad32.JPG

38 cad .jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

On 12/1/2023 at 2:12 PM, jdome said:

Factoid for you:

For some reason, the 12 version of that engine has 1/8 th inch larger boar at 370 cubic inch and has more displacement and HP per cylinder than the V16. If you do the math, The V12 would only be 340 cubes if it had the same boar as the V16. If the V16 had the same boar as the V12 it would calculate to the same 500 inch and 200 HP as the Marmon V16.

That is interesting. Sixteen cylinders with a 3" bore and 4" stroke,that must have been the most even powered engine ever built. AT one time I had three 16 engines,a 30,31 and a 33. Got a madam X body out of Rhode Island,chassis from a burned car out of Oregon with correct steering column,bumpers,trunkrack,etc. I was just extremely lucky at that stuff. It was all the early 30 with A wheels and 2 1/4" wide front springs so it would have went together. But things change and it all went back East to Dick Shappy several years ago.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jcrow said:

No the Waterhouse is staying for a little longer.

Showing off cars is a delicate balance. In a way it seems offensive. The look what I have

part. Yet, none of us own them, anyway. We are only temporary caretakers. I am always

happy to share, if it is taken as about the cars.

Most of my cars are big old heavy American iron. Pierce, Loco, Cunningham, McFarlan, Packard,

Springfield, Lincoln and such. Not very many are Cad and LaSalle and this is a Cad site.

So I will share a few 16's

cad32.JPG

38 cad .jpg

Sorry jcrow,I got stuck in the past and failed to compliment you on your not quantity but extreme quality V-16's. Beautiful.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2023 at 9:57 PM, edinmass said:

Interesting door handles. Unique look. A most unusual V-16. 

Great observation Ed.

Stirrup "coach" handles, hold over accent to coach work from the carriage building era. Mostly found on enclosed formal cars - town cars etc. some sport sedans (Close coupled 4 door) used them as well. ( as did Packard on the 7 passenger touring cars they built at least up into the early 1930s - my 1930 touring has them) I am trying to research who manufactured them - not much to go by as most were not marked. As many know I am very interested in custom designed coach built cars - AND their suppliers of material, parts, components to build same.

At Hershey this year I was able to purchase a pile of them from Rich "The Handleman" - thanks again Rich my friend.

Most all are cast of brass with a steel shaft , but some are cast in all steel! Another mystery - why?  Also some seem to have from new a plastic like coating over the metal loop area - again Why? This winter among other projects ( restoring pre 1935 pressed steel toys, a collection of fancy cast motor meters - not the lollipop shaped kind, plus so many on going research efforts into coach builders and body styling/design/builders)  I will spend cleaning these handles that I acquired. they are already soaking in a solution of Simple Green to loosen the decades of grime. ( no particular reason to choose that cleaner - I had a gallon of it here!)

jcrow I admire your taste in cars, wonderful.

Edited by Walt G (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Fantastic dwp , what a beautiful ‘ 32 Cadillac, allow me to make a remark, please take the wrong year ,wrong height off , this very special 16 deserves the right ‘ 32 one, not easy to find, I know, the one now , works against the car. Wish you all the luck finding one. Btw did you succeed with the buy the one for the rds , hope you did. 

Johan. I do  have the correct one, but very little room for tours. This car did the European CARavan,

the cross country CARavan and the PB Motoring Classic and I needed room for tools, and parts.

Very astute eye. Frankly they look lousy with any trunk.

Thanks for asking about the roadster. We are restoring one now.

Very closely, that yellow tag, but there of course. Not exactly the place to be, the Autobahn with many km of the unlimited speed sections, scary I think.
Agreed , didn’t dare saying, all look out of place on ‘32 open Cadillac. Your big trunk ,  filled most likely to the top , made the tour without touching the parts in it.😉 thanks for sharing your pictures with us.

On 11/29/2023 at 11:52 PM, jcrow said:

Forgive me if this is the incorrect forum. I am looking to sell a few  special cars from my collection.

The first one will be a very special 1930 Cadillac. It is a V-16. It is a one of a kind, special order convertible

coupe made by Fisher for Fisher. Most 30/31 Cad 16s were built by Fleetwood. Fisher built 16 typical, somewhat

stuffy convertible coupes with boxy doors and upright windshields. They also designed, for themselves,  one sleek convertible coupe with a thin and very slopped windshield, slim doors and a drop down top. Unlike the Fleetwood it had front hinged doors (like the roadster) and was non-coachsill. The car is low mileage, running, with great wood and metal. It is quite complete but it is unrestored. It has the special order markings (LX) all over the body and has its original chassis and engine,  all of which match the Build Sheet. This smaller body is mounted on the long chassis and could be quite a show car. There are NO duplicates. I would like something in the $325k/$350k range. Attached is a recent photo.   

Ask me for the build sheet.

Johnny

IMG_2305(3).jpg

Very nice!   Are you also selling the '65 Cadillac in the picture?  Crimson Firemist Eldorado??  Thanks, Chuck

Pretty good eyes. Standard 62 series. About 70k miles. Original paint except hood and decklid

repainted when new at dealer. Hood has some checking. Very nice original (red) interior which differs

from repo. Nice top. Non air. Zero miles but five years sitting on tires. Have not started about five years.

Very nice original, rust free Cali car. Owned about 30 years. $20k where is.

IMG_6047.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing a few of your cars.     I appreciate the fact that there are individuals out there with the means to buy, restore, house and hopefully show collectable vehicles. 

I realized many years ago that I could only afford to maintain a couple of cars.    I am happy with what I have and will enjoy the vehicles owned by others and I don't mind if they 

brag a little.     I have been fortunate to view several private collections only because I belonged to a car club that was allowed into a collection. 

• Like 2

Still looking for a buyer on the great one off convertible coupe.

Here is my final Cad photo. We were carefully looking it over before

purchase. I know that it has the incorrect trunk. This addition is

why the Fisher is for sale. I can only afford and care for so many.image.png.692e960e8008170b034ac8e0d20a8b5c.png

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

Sold. The 1930 one off convertible coupe has found a great new owner who is

going to restore it as his "last hurrah". Great buyer. Great car. Hope to see it at

Pebble Beach.

Thanks for all the help.

Johnny

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/12/2023 at 8:11 PM, jcrow said:

Still looking for a buyer on the great one off convertible coupe.

Here is my final Cad photo. We were carefully looking it over before

purchase. I know that it has the incorrect trunk. This addition is

why the Fisher is for sale. I can only afford and care for so many.image.png.692e960e8008170b034ac8e0d20a8b5c.png

Id' never afford it, but that's quite a car!