1938 Buick convertible V12, not mine.

2 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Is that a Pierce 12? Problem is that’s a $75,000 engine rebuild these days. A few more pictures might be nice. If it is a period build it could be semi-interesting as a hot rod.  But not if the engine doesn’t run.

Seagrave bought the engine tooling from Pierce, so yes it’s more or less a Pierce engine, as I’m sure you know.

Note that it states Seagrave engine and frame, would like to know how well the body fits a fire truck frame.

I think it’s kinda like what W. C. Fields said about elephants, sort of interesting to look at, but I wouldn’t want to own one!

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, trimacar said:

Seagrave bought the engine tooling from Pierce, so yes it’s more or less a Pierce engine, as I’m sure you know.

Note that it states Seagrave engine and frame, would like to know how well the body fits a fire truck frame.

I think it’s kinda like what W. C. Fields said about elephants, sort of interesting to look at, but I wouldn’t want to own one!

Next time I should read the description.   The radiator shell looks higher than the cowl. I'm wondering what is going on in back?   The wheels don't look Seagrave though...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dave Mellor NJ said:

I never heard of a V12 in a 38 Buick, plus it looks like a flathead

1938 Buick convertible body, 1947 seagrave v-12 flathead motor and frame runs drives title in mn

So maybe a 38 body on the Seagrave frame.

Front end & fenders do not look Buick.  Seagrave or some other truck?

18 hours ago, 1939_Buick said:

So maybe a 38 body on the Seagrave frame.

Front end & fenders do not look Buick.  Seagrave or some other truck?

Agree. Looks like everything Seagrave except the body shell.