Ever dream about cars that don't exist?

Last night I dreamt that my family bought a 1930s art deco style tanker truck that was large SUV sized. The design, which I remember, is not anything I've ever seen in a lifetime of being addicted to cars. 

I don't think I've ever had a dream about any commercial vehicles before, let alone buying one. 

Anyone else ever dream up a vehicle that doesn't exist?

• Like 1

I regularly dream of the cars I have that don't actually exist in any form other than piles of parts with the potential to become cars. One day .... if I live long enough!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Single malt Scotch will help with your nightmares.

Terry

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

52 minutes ago, Terry Bond said:

Single malt Scotch will help with your nightmares.

Terry

Terry, from England, a period decanter in the shape of a "tyre"  That I secured and brought home from a trip to England - got it in a trade with a friend there who owned a 1929 Lincoln dual cowl phaeton and a 1931 Chrysler Imperial model CG club sedan that had RHD.

scotchtyredcontainer.jpg

• Like 4

I used to, then I started putting them on paper. Then a few made it to the model stage. One almost went full size. I have friends who still get paid to dream about cars and then draw them. There is a good chance some of you are driving the end results. 

Edited by Brass is Best (see edit history)

26 minutes ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

Every time I take an old car out for a drive, I'm living my dreams!

The nice thig about dreams is they aren't limited by getting older.  Every morning I  dream of what I am going to accomplish today and then I wake up and reality sets in!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Many years ago, I dreamed of having a 1932 Studebaker Indy car knowing I could never afford to buy one of the originals.  With encouragement of the late Bob Valpey, then owner of the green #37 car, I decided to build one from scratch.  I chose to re-create car #25 which no longer existed.  Sure enough, only 12 years later, I finally got to drive it.  Making dreams come true really feels good.

Indy25frontqtr.jpg.c198fc10d883245c898dbc840b8ce52b.jpg  

• Like 11

Dreaming of cars is part of this hobby.   "The Great Leslie" from the movie the Great Race comes to mind as a dream car of mine.

Actually made by other dreamers like Bob Ash for use in that movie.    I guess for this life,  I owned and drove my own dream cars.

So far I've driven them in 48 states and 7 countries.   The dream lives on.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2023 at 5:25 PM, Paul Dobbin said:

Dreaming of cars is part of this hobby.   "The Great Leslie" from the movie the Great Race comes to mind as a dream car of mine.

Actually made by other dreamers like Bob Ash for use in that movie.    I guess for this life,  I owned and drove my own dream cars.

So far I've driven them in 48 states and 7 countries.   The dream lives on.

There was an article in Rod & Custom magazine detailing how those cars were built. They were made on the chassis of some 1956 Ford pickup trucks used for hauling trash around Disneyland that were being disposed of about the time they started work on the film. The props department built new bodies on the old frames. If you can find some close up pictures they are pretty crude not to say simple in their construction. There are pictures on the net if you search for Leslie Special. If you are handy it would not be that hard to build a similar car.

• Like 1