Kalamazoo 2023

kegart

• kegart changed the title to Kalamazoo 2023

I'm planning on making the trip to Kalamazoo.........Very nice area.....my Aunt and Uncle

retired to a log cabin just outside of Kalamazoo on 40 acres back in 1975......I used to

drive up and visit them every three years or so for Christmas. Their next door neighbor had

a horse drawn sleigh and we would ride the sleigh, drink whiskey to keep warm and sing Christmas Carols.....

lot's of great memories. Looking forward to seeing it again........I've never seen it without snow on the ground.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ericisback said:

I’m a new Riviera owner. This will be my 1st time at the event. I don’t think I’m going to bring my car this time. Just going to see the show and see how things work. 

Bring your car. you'll be glad you did. It's not a point judged Corvette show, it's not that complicated.

Tom Mooney

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ericisback said:

I’m a new Riviera owner. This will be my 1st time at the event. I don’t think I’m going to bring my car this time. Just going to see the show and see how things work. 

Bring your car. It'll make the event so much more fun for you!

Edited by NC1968Riviera (see edit history)

By all means bring your car.  People will ask you questions, you’ll have questions to ask.  Best way tip-off get to know everyone.  As the late Chris Wolfe said, “at first you come to see the cars, but you return to see your friends.” Best way to meet them is to show your car.  

• 2 weeks later...

My brother-in-law and I will be making the trip to Kalamazoo this year. We have decided to take the Lake Express Ferry across Lake Michigan. We will be hooking up with another ROA member from Minnesota and his wife for the drive and ferry ride across the lake. The ferry ride is not cheap but, it does make for a scenic and relaxing interlude on the trip and cuts a lot of travel time off of the drive if you are coming from an area west of Michigan. Another huge bonus is no drive through Chicago. If anyone else is interested in joining up with us for the journey PM me and I can give you the particulars. If not, we will see you in Kalamazoo!

Bill

1 hour ago, Riviera63 said:

My brother-in-law and I will be making the trip to Kalamazoo this year. We have decided to take the Lake Express Ferry across Lake Michigan. We will be hooking up with another ROA member from Minnesota and his wife for the drive and ferry ride across the lake. The ferry ride is not cheap but, it does make for a scenic and relaxing interlude on the trip and cuts a lot of travel time off of the drive if you are coming from an area west of Michigan. Another huge bonus is no drive through Chicago. If anyone else is interested in joining up with us for the journey PM me and I can give you the particulars. If not, we will see you in Kalamazoo!

Bill

Is that the SS Badger, Manitowoc / Ludington?  If so, hopefully you’ll be taking it across during the day. Linda and I took it from Wisconsin to Michigan at night in the middle of July.  Without a calendar, one would have thought we were traversing Hudson Bay in the middle of January. We had a cabin but it was not heated.  BRRRRRR. And it was dark.  No ambient lighting from either shore.

39 minutes ago, RivNut said:

Is that the SS Badger, Manitowoc / Ludington?  If so, hopefully you’ll be taking it across during the day. Linda and I took it from Wisconsin to Michigan at night in the middle of July.  Without a calendar, one would have thought we were traversing Hudson Bay in the middle of January. We had a cabin but it was not heated.  BRRRRRR. And it was dark.  No ambient lighting from either shore.

No, this is the high speed ferry, the Lake Express that goes from Milwaukee to Muskegon. Leaving at 12:30 P.M on the 21st and coming back at 10:15 A.M. on the 25th. Should be plenty of light on both trips.

Bill

21 minutes ago, Chasander said:

I’d rather take a whopping than drive thru Chicago. Made that trip to BCA nationals in 2017.  BCA disqualified me from judging because I didn’t drive the whole way. 

Chuck,

I am with you on that one. One of my goals in life is to never drive through Chicago again for the rest of my life. I hope to see you and your car in Kalamazoo.

Bill

On 1/23/2023 at 5:55 AM, Chasander said:

I’d rather take a whopping than drive thru Chicago. Made that trip to BCA nationals in 2017.  BCA disqualified me from judging because I didn’t drive the whole way. 

Did they give a more detailed answer. That seems rather arbitrary and was that prohibition in writing?

Edited by Golden73 (see edit history)