For Sale: 1952 Hudson Wasp 2dr club coupe - Project - $9,900 - MONTVALE, NJ - Not Mine - Available Again from Hudson Afficionado 2nevets: 1952 Hudson Wasp coupe - $12,000 - Wallkill, NY

For Sale: 1952 Hudson Wasp 2dr club coupe - Project - $9,900 - MONTVALE, NJ - Available Again from Hudson Afficionado 2nevets: 1952 Hudson Wasp coupe - $12,000 - Wallkill, NY

1952 Hudson Wasp / Hornet - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

Hello, how are you? Here you have the rare chance to buy a piece of American automotive history. If you want to stand out from the crowd, this is the right car. You don`t see those cars very often anymore. 1952 Hudson Wasp 2 door, matching numbers 262cui straight six with manual transmission.
Clean NJ Title in my name. Car is registered in NJ and insured (Pictures show previous VT plates).
This car is super solid. The undercarriage, trunk, floors are amazing and all original sheet metal. No patch panels. No bodywork whatsoever needed. Car runs and drives. Look how clean the engine bay is. You could also make this a Doc Hudson clone from the Disney movie “Cars”. Car comes with extra parts, shop manual, owner manual, indoor car cover.
The car was from Jan 2016 till March 2017 in a restoration shop in CT. Believe it or not, but the previous owner spent over 28t dollars in the restauration. I have all the receipts to prove it.
Work that was done includes:
Engine bay detailed, new wiring harness, brakes, carb, fuel pump, fuel tank, starter, generator and radiator rebuilt, new sway bar bushings, new wipers, air cleaner, rad. hoses, heater hoses, tail pipe, wiring harness, fan belts, door rubbers, center steering arm and pivot, motor mounts, MC, glass, weatherstripping kit, tires, ignition parts, and the list goes on and on and on.
The Hudson can be driven as is, however the restoration was never completed. What it needs to be 100% is a new carpet ($395), interior panels ($680. Interior panels are there but are in rough shape) and some of the trim reinstalled. Since it wasn’t driven very often in the last years, a good tune up is recommended as well. I have pictures and videos of the car I can send. I`m selling the Wasp to fund my 1970 Mopar project and honestly, I am having difficulties driving the manual transmission.
Before sending unreasonable offers, please consider that this is a complete, running and driving, solid 50s 2dr car. If you find a cheaper one, buy it.
Copy and paste in your email: 96dfe4ea980a35788bbee2cf3e256107@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1952 Hudson Wasp 2dr club coupe - Project.

'52 Hudson Wasp J a.jpg

'52 Hudson Wasp J b.jpg

'52 Hudson Wasp J c.jpg

'52 Hudson Wasp J d.jpg

'52 Hudson Wasp J e.jpg

'52 Hudson Wasp J f.jpg

'52 Hudson Wasp J g.jpg

'52 Hudson Wasp J h.jpg

'52 Hudson Wasp J i.jpg

'52 Hudson Wasp J j.jpg

'52 Hudson Wasp J k.jpg

'52 Hudson Wasp J l.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Available Again from Hudson Afficionado 2nevets: 1952 Hudson Wasp coupe - $12,000 - Wallkill, NY Crossed out the dead CL link and old price. (see edit history)
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, The 55er said:

$28K spent on restoration work for what? An engine rebuild, ugly pink paint on the lower body and an 8 volt battery? Still needs a tune up and a lot of interior work.........

8 volt battery ...strange ..charge with 6 volt generator ?6 V  bulbs exploding ? Never seen

The Wasp or Pacemaker coupes are a great car to slide in a Hornet engine. And have a fun car to Cruze around in. Some people like the shorter nose on them. The stock 262 is a great running engine. All Hudson club coupes are getting harder to find. If it is a solid body and frame structure, someone will grab it. And yes the color combo is a strange choice.

• Like 2

Montvale is less than an hour from here, but something sounds fishy about this car. The paint scheme is awful. The dark burgundy is nice, but those pink panels are awful, and an 8 volt system? I don't get it. The interior doesn't look too bad. 

Can someone explain why there are Vermont plates on this NJ car? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DrumBob said:

and an 8 volt system?

The 8 volt conversion was a common swap in northern regions as all that was involved was installing the 8 volt battery (which are still available in most farm stores) and adjusting the voltage regulator. It's still done today on older tractors to help in starting during cold spells. 

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

I know I am digging up a  topic that has been buried for over a year but I just came upon this today  -I purchased this from the gent in NJ for much less than his asking price. I have had a bunch of stepdowns and this one by far is one of the most rust free examples.Yes it is an ugly color combo-Yes the restoration shop was a Bunch of hacks from Forestville ct  that took this lady for over $33k-The car runs excellent after I put in a transmission that it needed-I had an extra laying around:-). This is a car for my son as I drive a 49 commodore. F060BDD8-520F-4419-89CC-4174CD0094DD.jpeg.8a36182c9becf68d2ca7bf3e0dbdf431.jpeg

73BE89C1-6D69-4D06-8DB8-D4657E016D29.jpeg

05884977-4D5F-4C5D-88CC-8C80A8F1D592.jpeg

EBD67222-98F2-458F-B58C-0F0E2417B164.jpeg

EBB825D0-9C56-41B2-8426-EC303DC91671.jpeg

C176FC81-E35E-44A3-97D8-FCAF1A967D59.jpeg

BE1B53E2-DAFF-4E05-8710-256088CB11A0.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

So it sold to a person that appreciates Hudson's: nice save!  I am not Hudson afficionado but I prefer the 4 door models to the coupe, but that's me....

Edited by deac (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1952 Hudson Wasp 2dr club coupe - Project - $9,900 - MONTVALE, NJ - Not Mine - Available Again from Hudson Afficionado 2nevets: 1952 Hudson Wasp coupe - $12,000 - Wallkill, NY

Available Again from Hudson Afficionado 2nevets: 1952 Hudson Wasp coupe - $12,000 - Wallkill, NY - Not Mine

1952 Hudson wasp for sale by owner - Wallkill, NY - craigslist

Seller's Description:

Looking for a Hudson coupe that is solid as a rock? runs excellent? Just needs to be finished? won't break the bank? Here it is
I am not going into the long details of this car so if you're a serious guy, leave me a number.  I have plenty of receipts of the work that has been done- Not looking to sell it for less (that should eliminate most tightwads)
CASH ONLY!!! NO PAYPAL- NO VENMO- NO BANK CHECKS-no online payments at all - GOOD OLD AMERICAN CURRENCY
Copy and paste in your email: c8bb9e170a0d3097afb7fc314a923fae@sale.craigslist.org

See 2nevets response posted May 26 for photos and further information.

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1952 Hudson Wasp coupe